FinalFantasyWorlds
Welcome to Final Fantasy Worlds. Please log in or register. Thank You
FinalFantasyWorlds
Welcome to Final Fantasy Worlds. Please log in or register. Thank You
FinalFantasyWorlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» OMFG GUESS WHAT.......
Wanting to know EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 6:49 pm by Shade

» A Long Shift
Wanting to know EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 3:06 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Mirage Hearts
Wanting to know EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 5:26 pm by Game Master

» Micro RPs
Wanting to know EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 5:21 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Micro Rp Thread Rules
Wanting to know EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 4:23 pm by Zack Fair

» An Angel's return...
Wanting to know EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 8:27 am by Tifa Lockhart

» my absence
Wanting to know EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 8:43 pm by Shade

» Chillin' with a smoke.....
Wanting to know EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 3:29 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Beginnings...
Wanting to know EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 9:28 pm by Shade

» Removing old Character threads for Weapons, Armor, and such...
Wanting to know EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 3:13 am by Tifa Lockhart

» Friendly check up.
Wanting to know EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 12:47 pm by Sephy

» I'm leaving
Wanting to know EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 2:15 pm by Shade

» Because he's Tifa's favorite...
Wanting to know EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 4:17 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Guest Posting
Wanting to know EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 11:38 am by Tifa Lockhart

» Sidequest: Territorial Dispute
Wanting to know EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 4:50 pm by Zack Fair

» New people, Old places (Open)
Wanting to know EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 3:52 pm by Zack Fair

» A Party to Remember ... or Not ((Open)
Wanting to know EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 3:57 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» The Cloud Forest (Tifa)
Wanting to know EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 4:32 pm by Zack Fair

» Yes, yes, I'm late.
Wanting to know EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 3:26 pm by Jonathan DeLauren

» Guess Who's Back.....No not Eminem -_-
Wanting to know EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 3:43 pm by Tora Kline

Micro RPs
Wanting to know EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 5:21 pm by Tifa Lockhart
We got a new thing! Micro Rps are designed to be short, quick fire things. The rules and points are different in these, so be sure to read up on them before jumping in. Rules are important. Rules can be found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Think of it like Twitter, but less full of GamerGaters, misogyny and racism. At least it better be, banning people is such a hassle.

Go see. Explore. Find stuff. Join in. Peace and love

Tiffs

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
Top posting users this week
No user

Wanting to know

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Emblem

Emblem

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2011-05-18

Wanting to know Empty
PostSubject: Wanting to know   Wanting to know EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 6:50 am

''In interviews published in the Final Fantasy X Ultimania Ω and Final Fantasy X-2 Ultimania guidebooks, scenario writer Kazushige Nojima and producer Yoshinori Kitase revealed that Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy X-2 share a plot-related connection, in which the Shin-ra corporation in Final Fantasy VII is founded on another planet after about one thousand years, after space travel became possible, by descendants of Shinra of the Gullwings in Final Fantasy X-2. This connection was conceived of only after Final Fantasy X was already finished and realized in Final Fantasy X-2 riding on the success of the original game. Thus, this plot element is not reflected in the gameplay or storylines of Final Fantasy VII or Final Fantasy X.''

Now, there is something I don't get in here. If space travel was an option before the Shin-ra company set up, then why did I Cid want to be in space, and a whole project of spaetravel was set up? You know, if it was already possible?

((Truth is, I'm not fond of this connection between 7 and 10, but if it's apparently there, I need to know about it, possibly for storylines as well. Do think it's odd they make a connection after finishing those games already.))
Back to top Go down
Zidane

Zidane

Number of posts : 533

Character sheet
Max MP:
Wanting to know Left_bar_bleue400/1000Wanting to know Empty_bar_bleue  (400/1000)
Character Tweaks: Idiot who takes things too far.

Wanting to know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanting to know   Wanting to know EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 8:45 am

This is not that new to me really.......had to hear i think Kin, Steel, and Grizz talk about how FF VII FF VIII and FF X were related many months ago......I have forgotten the details sadly. Get ready for a lot of information though when one of the three see this and respond.....
Back to top Go down
Emblem

Emblem

Wanting to know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanting to know   Wanting to know EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 3:21 pm

I talked about it with them, they told me. But my question is regarding this part, which is in turn, about the link Wink
Back to top Go down
Kindred
Admin
Admin
Kindred

Number of posts : 2988
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Character sheet
Max MP:
Wanting to know Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Wanting to know Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
Character Tweaks:

Wanting to know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanting to know   Wanting to know EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 4:12 pm

In my opinion, it's an over-analyzed plot possibility simply to appease the obsessive fans out there who, in turn, love to over-analyse every speck of detail over something they feel so strongly about.
I think this was just a coincidental derp Square threw out there to keep fans buzzing over yet something else to keep them guessing and hooked over plots they're passionate about.

Have you seen the theories they've thrown out there in regards to Rinoa possibly being the Ultimecia herself? It's insane -.-

The way I see it, if one wishes to accept this theory, then by all means you've got something else to play with in your imagination. If one doesn't wish to acknowledge it, they don't have to.

Quote :
Now, there is something I don't get in here. If space travel was an option before the Shin-ra company set up, then why did I Cid want to be in space, and a whole project of spaetravel was set up? You know, if it was already possible?

There could have been a multitude of reasons. Square seems to like throwing massive meteors at planets for the sheer thrill of it and the pretty effects they can show off. It could be there was such a catastrophe, or some major environmental shift, a pissed off deity, who knows.... that set the planet's technology back so severely, that what "should" have been available, simply wasn't.

Just my 2 fifths of a nickel Wink
Back to top Go down

Wanting to know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanting to know   Wanting to know EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 4:58 pm

Or it could be the "Pern Effect". Once they got to the new planet, the technology needed to keep up that level of development was lost as the people explored other forms of knowledge and learning.

After all, they didn't expect to ever *need* to go back into outer space. They had a whole new world to explore and develop.

OR, let's look at it this way, a "true" Pern Effect only instead of Thread from the skies, now there's Jenova falling to the ground to throw everything into a technological Ice Age. I would think that Jenova's original arrival would have completely destroyed much of the technology that was still available.

*shrug* But I'm one of those who actually like to over-analyze these things simply to see cause and effect play out.

Grizz
Back to top Go down
Simon

Number of posts : 201

Character sheet
Max MP:
Wanting to know Left_bar_bleue200/1000Wanting to know Empty_bar_bleue  (200/1000)
Character Tweaks:

Wanting to know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanting to know   Wanting to know EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 5:50 pm

Except that, at the time, the Cetra were a nomadic race of Geomancers, having little need for technology.

It explains a little better why normal Humans in 7 need Materia to cast Magic; they're Spiran Natives. The humans set up shop on The Planet with the Cetra. Jenova, I assume, tagged along in some little crevice of the ship that brought them.

Jenova then proceeded to rain HOLY FSCKING HELL on the Planet. Which decimated the Cetra, and inflicted a Class 1 or Class 2 Apocalypse How.

For those of you who didn't click, a Class One is a catastrophe that knocks a civilization back about a century. A Class 2, essentially, knocks civilization back to the Stone Age. Class 2 makes more sense, here; there'd need to be a massive dying off to facilitate the technological hobbling.
Back to top Go down
Emblem

Emblem

Wanting to know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanting to know   Wanting to know EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 9:29 am

Answers enough. Let one thing be made clear:

I don't believe the link. Especially since it's only made after both games were complete. The name Shinra is nothing to fuss over, as we also see a Biggs/Wedge everywhere without any clear link, as various other names (Omega etc)

Do wanna thank everybody for contributing though, twas good to learn Wink
Back to top Go down
Simon

Number of posts : 201

Character sheet
Max MP:
Wanting to know Left_bar_bleue200/1000Wanting to know Empty_bar_bleue  (200/1000)
Character Tweaks:

Wanting to know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanting to know   Wanting to know EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 3:37 pm

Actually, Omega and Shinryu are treated as multidimensional Cosmic Horrors. All Omegas are the same Omega, except for 7's Omega WEAPON. (Incidentally, people think Ivalice's "Omega Mark Twelve" was the FIRST appearance of Omega, timeline-wise.)

Likewise, I'm pretty sure all Shinryus are the same Shinryu, save, perhaps, for FFX's.
Back to top Go down
Emblem

Emblem

Wanting to know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanting to know   Wanting to know EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 3:51 pm

My ff's gotta be special huh? Aw well, special is good Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Wanting to know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanting to know   Wanting to know EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 4:55 pm

Also, speaking from a writer's perspective, just because something wasn't intended from the outset doesn't mean that it's not real.

Literary interpretation is a strange thing. Sometimes something might be noticed decades after the initial creation of an item that has gone unnoticed even by the creator for all that time. But that doesn't mean that what was noticed isn't real.

For instance, most everyone looks at Shakespeare's Sonnets the same way. The one that immediately comes to mind is one I actually wrote a paper on once. "Love's not Love which alters when it alteration finds, nor bends with the remover to remove..." It's generally accepted as a description of fidelity in relationships.

But that's not the only interpretation possible.

If you look at it as saying that "Love", the word we use to describe the emotion, is not truly "Love" if the definition changes depending on who is speaking, then the message of the poem becomes a warning against situational definitions and the loss of true communication when those definitions don't match between two parties.

If I say "bleh" and you hear "blah" then something is lost in translation and true communication becomes a pipe dream.

Now, whether Shakespeare actually *intended* the second interpretation is an argument we could have until Judgment Day, provided that he's actually there to ask. Chances are he'd simply shrug and say something non-definitive because the chances of that interpretation being intended are slim to none.

That doesn't mean that the interpretation is any less real or that it is any less legitimate than the more romantic one.

In terms of the game in question, it might simply be that they didn't notice the parallels until after the game was made. At that point they had a choice to make. They, the developers, could deny the connection. They could give a Shrug of God, and ignore the connection. Or they could embrace it and run with it like they meant to do that.

I believe they made the third choice. It's one that I, personally, choose to make more often than not when I see connections that I hadn't intended.

It's like asking a writer if they intended to make some obscure reference to some other work of literature and getting a blank stare for a moment before they say, "No, but that's a very good idea, let's go with that."

For readers, and players, the choice also exists to deny, ignore, or embrace any given interpretation of a story. So you can choose to deny the connections between Midgar and Spira, but I happen to like embracing things unintended. Different people, different choices.

Grizz
Back to top Go down
Emblem

Emblem

Wanting to know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanting to know   Wanting to know EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 6:12 am

In the general term that is used around here, i could say its possible. But in more native speech...

Someone forges a steel pipe but years later someone names it a gun...so it can be both. With the forgeman taking the glory of the gun principle...while he never meant it to be

Weird thing literature. Ffx is a work of art to me but meh...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wanting to know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanting to know   Wanting to know Empty

Back to top Go down

Wanting to know
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FinalFantasyWorlds :: Misc. :: Miscellaneous :: Chat room-
Jump to: