FinalFantasyWorlds
Welcome to Final Fantasy Worlds. Please log in or register. Thank You
FinalFantasyWorlds
Welcome to Final Fantasy Worlds. Please log in or register. Thank You
FinalFantasyWorlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» OMFG GUESS WHAT.......
Making Magic EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 6:49 pm by Shade

» A Long Shift
Making Magic EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 3:06 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Mirage Hearts
Making Magic EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 5:26 pm by Game Master

» Micro RPs
Making Magic EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 5:21 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Micro Rp Thread Rules
Making Magic EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 4:23 pm by Zack Fair

» An Angel's return...
Making Magic EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 8:27 am by Tifa Lockhart

» my absence
Making Magic EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 8:43 pm by Shade

» Chillin' with a smoke.....
Making Magic EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 3:29 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Beginnings...
Making Magic EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 9:28 pm by Shade

» Removing old Character threads for Weapons, Armor, and such...
Making Magic EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 3:13 am by Tifa Lockhart

» Friendly check up.
Making Magic EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 12:47 pm by Sephy

» I'm leaving
Making Magic EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 2:15 pm by Shade

» Because he's Tifa's favorite...
Making Magic EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 4:17 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Guest Posting
Making Magic EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 11:38 am by Tifa Lockhart

» Sidequest: Territorial Dispute
Making Magic EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 4:50 pm by Zack Fair

» New people, Old places (Open)
Making Magic EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 3:52 pm by Zack Fair

» A Party to Remember ... or Not ((Open)
Making Magic EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 3:57 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» The Cloud Forest (Tifa)
Making Magic EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 4:32 pm by Zack Fair

» Yes, yes, I'm late.
Making Magic EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 3:26 pm by Jonathan DeLauren

» Guess Who's Back.....No not Eminem -_-
Making Magic EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 3:43 pm by Tora Kline

Micro RPs
Making Magic EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 5:21 pm by Tifa Lockhart
We got a new thing! Micro Rps are designed to be short, quick fire things. The rules and points are different in these, so be sure to read up on them before jumping in. Rules are important. Rules can be found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Think of it like Twitter, but less full of GamerGaters, misogyny and racism. At least it better be, banning people is such a hassle.

Go see. Explore. Find stuff. Join in. Peace and love

Tiffs

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
Top posting users this week
No user

Making Magic

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Emblem

Emblem

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2011-05-18

Making Magic Empty
PostSubject: Making Magic   Making Magic EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 11:33 am

...Who wants to be Magic: The Gathering Card?

Example:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wanna be one? Provide me with the information you want in the card, inclusing any flavor text and an image to use, and who knows!

Now this one is obviously my first test at grasping the concept, I might just make a special game type for this forum board, if I ever feel creative!

EDIT: I could even create unique cards, not even looking like Magic: The Gathering. Oeh...It's like I got this new toy, with a Swiss Knife array of possibilities.
Back to top Go down
Emblem

Emblem

Making Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Magic   Making Magic EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 11:52 am

HOWLING MAD MURDOCK!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Barret Wallace

Barret Wallace

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Making Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Magic   Making Magic EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 5:00 pm

Hi emblem, i like what i see, both cards are looking awesome. i would love to get one made up for Barret please and thank you. Could i get Barret made as a planeswalker. Here is the information you require plus a picture for the card Very Happy

Barret Wallace 3 colorless 4 white-Casting Cost

+1-Soldiers you control Gets +3/+3 and First Strike until end of turn
-3-Put a +2/+2 counter on each Soldier you control and they gain Vigilance and Double Strike
-10-For the rest of the game soldiers you control gain Haste, Lifelink, Intimidate, Battle Cry and Annihilator 4

6-Loyalty

plus a little spoiler for those who are interested
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://fate-counting-down.canadian-forum.com/
Emblem

Emblem

Making Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Magic   Making Magic EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 5:10 pm

I foresee no difficulty. (Gotta hand it to Auron, this sentence alone sounds badass...erhm.)
Back to top Go down
Emblem

Emblem

Making Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Magic   Making Magic EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 7:10 am

Ladies and Gentlemen: Barret Wallace.

Do let me know if something is not right. I had to check some official terms, and thought it best to make it an emblem effect. Emblem cannot be removed or destroyed in any way. I was surprised you didn't put in the picture zidane used for the moticational pictures. That one's truly B.A. Baracus-Badass.

In case you're wondering about the emblem:
Spoiler:
...Neat huh?

EDIT:
Creature Wallace:

Last edited by Emblem on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Emblem

Emblem

Making Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Magic   Making Magic EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 11:39 am

Do let it be noted that if you want a card but dont know what info to give, anything besides "i just want him to kick ass" will possibly suffice.

And yes i could also make a not magic rules card..."cannot be the target of Flaming, Non-Elemental spells or Staff Members"...stuff like that. However, that option...be sure to ask kindly Wink
Back to top Go down
Barret Wallace

Barret Wallace

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Making Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Magic   Making Magic EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 12:30 pm

yea i forgot about that picture lol but other then that the card looks good Very Happy thank you emblem very much
Back to top Go down
http://fate-counting-down.canadian-forum.com/
Emblem

Emblem

Making Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Magic   Making Magic EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 12:44 pm

Since I find it that Shade Leonhart needs a little love, as well as a little badass promotion, I welcome you to the first truly OVERPOWERING set of character cards. Only click if you want to see some true badass awesomeness!

~~SHADE UNLEASHED~~

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Emblem

Emblem

Making Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Magic   Making Magic EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 1:51 pm

As requested by Saitou!

Back to top Go down
Emblem

Emblem

Making Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Magic   Making Magic EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 2:14 pm

Crucent Rondipur Creature Card:

Back to top Go down
Crucent

Number of posts : 745

Making Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Magic   Making Magic EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 2:20 pm

Ih! I <3 it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shade

Shade

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2010-10-19

Character sheet
Max MP:
Making Magic Left_bar_bleue800/1000Making Magic Empty_bar_bleue  (800/1000)
Character Tweaks: I don

Making Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Magic   Making Magic EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:36 am

Suspect

Those were top secret, Emblem....

*snatches those back up* *shifty scowling eyes*

But damn.... those are awesome, man. ...*cough*Thanks*cough-cough*

Back to top Go down
Emblem

Emblem

Making Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Magic   Making Magic EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 10:15 am

Well butter my biscuits, put a snake in my boots ans make me dance, and call me a madman. Did the Shady One thank me?!
Back to top Go down
Emblem

Emblem

Making Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Magic   Making Magic EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:06 pm

Explanation.
In Combat: Raven strikes before an opponent unless an opponent also has first strike or Double Strike (In which case it deals both First Strike Damage, and Regular combat damage --> double damage).

Intimidate means only other White or Red creatures or artifact creatures can block Raven when he decides to attack. If they are not red or white, they cannot stop him from attacking their master

For a small cost, Raven can destroy a creature with the defender attribute, which includes some creatures and all Walls. These cannot come back to life by means of regeneration.

When Raven dies, he comes back. A little weaker then he was. A 3 (power)/3 (toughness) creature, with al lthe same abilities.
Back to top Go down
Emblem

Emblem

Making Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Magic   Making Magic EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 1:51 pm

I see an explanation on more cards would possibly be appreciated. I shall start with the Shade Unleashed set.

Shade Leonhart
Shade, as a creature summoned by the player to help him and win. She costs one of every mana and 2 mana you may pick yourself. She is quite hard to get, seeing you'd not only need 7 mana in total, but they are spread across all 5 types.

This reflects Balamb's surroundings, and the possible potency Shade has. When she is summoned, she has the Legendary Creature status, meaning only one of this card can be on the field. If another identical Shade Leonhart is summoned by either the same player or an opponent, both are put into the graveyard.

Shade has Haste (Allowing her to attack on the same turn she is summoned by a player, normally, this is not possible) Vigilance (Attacking does not cause her to tap, allowing her to block enemy monsters on the opponent's turn as well) Lifelink (Any damage she does will also be given as life to her controller. Per example if she deals 6 damage to a creature or player, her controller gains 6 life. the game starts with both players having 20 Life, in perspective.) Trample (If she deals enough damage to destroy a blocking creature, she can deal the rest to that creature's controller. If 3 damage kills a creature, 2 more can go through and hurt it's master, seeing she has 5 Power.) and Hexproof (She cannot be the target of spells or abilities her opponent or it's creatures control.)

Her final ability is maybe the most useful one. Normally, you declare who attacks, and do not decide who blocks. If Shade's controller pays X mana (which can be anything above 0), she must be blocked by that much creatures of her choosing, if they are able (they must not be tapped or hindered to block otherwise.)

Shade has 5 Power and 8 Toughness, meaning she deals 5 damage upon attacking if not equipped or strengthened (By the Balamb land card or Wolf's Bane, for instance) and will be put in the graveyard if she suffers 8 or more damage. this is extraordinary for a Human creature.

All Shall Behold Shade
ASBS (Short for All Shall Behold Shade) is an instant card, meaning it can be cast during your turn and your opponent's turn. It may though, only be played if the creature Shade Leonhart is on your side of the field. If your opponent somehow got control of her (Which is quite hard with hexproof, but possible) then you cannot play this. It costs 5 mana and has no color, meaning all mana may be spend, as long as it is 5.

The card deals 7 damage, divided as you choose, to creatures or player. You can have it deal 3 damage to a player, 1 to one creature and 3 to another. As long as it is 7 in total. If a player has 7 life and you cast this, aim for the player and you win, unless he has something against it. After this, the card is Exiled, meaning it does not end in the graveyard, but is removed from the game, making it even harder to be reached by an opponent.

Whenever you (the player) takes damage, you may flip a coin and call it. Call it right, and you may have the card come back to your hand, so you can play it again. The flavor text explains it all. Are you brave enough to attack and possible suffer the consequences? this card can eradicate most creatures, or deal a lot of damage to a player. Call it right twice, play it three times, and you deal 21 damage, which is enough to finish a player off (unless it has creatures with LifeLink or any other means to gain life.)

Fighting Spirit
This card is an Enchantment, meaning it affects the game continually until destroyed by a player. When you are dealt damage, you may pick up two of it and place it back on something else. for instance, if a 2 Power creature attacks you and is not blocked, you may redirect it to his own master or another creature. This effectively halts any creature with power 2 or less, and lessens any damage taken. whenever a player attacks, he can be sure some of it will be placed on him, or maybe a weaker creature of his.

Aggrevated Arrival
A more funny card I invented when I asked the infamous Lar Highwind for a quote regarding Shade Leonhart. This is a card you play when you need a Shade Leonhart on the battlefield. the cost is X X, meaning you can pay as much as you want, but it has to be even. If X is 4, you must pay 8. If X = 3, you pay 6. I.E. the X is always the same number, one cannot be 5 and the other 3.

You may show the top X cards of your library (Your deck of cards). If the creature Shade Leonhart is one of them, she is placed on the field tapped. All the other cards are put on the bottom of your graveyard. If Shade is on the field, she deals X to you, hence the Aggrevated.

This card symbolized how much you want her. The more you do, the more you need to pay, the more damage you get. If you call her out like Lar did, then X must be really high...and she might just end up killing you.

Wolf's Bane
Wolf's Bane is an Equipment, meaning it is like a weapon. When you play it, it is not equipped, the equip costs most be paid to do that. However, when you do, it grants the equipped creature +3 (Power)/+3 (Toughness) which would make Shade a 8/11 or a 9/12 if you have Balamb on the field. If that alone is not already extremely powerful, she also gains Double Strike.

Double Strike Let's Shade do First Strike damage (Striking before the opponent strikes, unless that one also has First or Double Strike) AND Regular Damage. Yes this means she deals double damage, she strikes twice. If she attack a player head-on, she can deal a whopping 16 (2 times 8 power) or 18 (2 times 9 power) damage. Remember, a player starts out with 20 life, and Shade's inherent abilities (Haste and Hexproof) make her quite hard to touch, or to quickly react to.

Now, we all know Wolf's Bane has the serrated edge. It is reflected in the next ability. If she strikes a creature, that creature becomes tapped (and thus, unable to perform any tap abilities, indicated by the arrow pointing to the right) until the end of the opponent's turn, thus also making it unable to attack, as tapped creatures may not attack.

Finish The Fight
Finish the fight is a true black mana card, costing two black mana and one of your choice, focused on well...finishing the fight. Shade's ability with the X allows her to have a lot of creatures block her. Play this card when you have blocked a creature of have been blocked by a lot of creatures (as instants may be played in an opponent's turn) but they have not died yet (because they have more then 0 toughness left)

This card destroys all creatures that have been dealt damage by legendary creatures (Such as Shade). However, if Shade deals damage to another legendary creature and you play this card, then both die. Hexproof does not block your spells and abilities, and Shade had also been dealt damage by another legendary creature. If those who block Shade are not legendary, then this can clear the field of creatures (Unless the have the Indestructible ability.)

Gryphon
The second equipment card, and only slightly cheaper then Wolf's Bane, Gryphon has other talents. If Shade is equipped with this, and can, for whatever reason, not be allowed to attack, then you can tap her (tilting her card 90 degrees to the right, laying it horizontally) to have her deal damage equal to her power to a creature...or player. If she has her regular 5, this means 5 damage. If she has the Wolf's Bane equipped and the Gryphon, it is 8 damage.

If Gryphon is destroyed, you may flip a coin. Call it right, and you have Gryphon in your hand again, allowing you to play it again for 4 mana.

Determined Lunge
Dtermined Lunge is a sorcery, meaning it is a card you may only play during your own turn. It allows one creature to gain flying. Flying creatures may only be blocked by other creatures with flying, or creatures who have the Reach ability (Some Spiders and Treefolk have this, for instance). When you play this card, after it resolves, it is moved to your graveyard. You can, form there, play it again for only one white mana, granting another creature flying, or use it later in the game to give the same creature flying.

Familiar Terrain
this card is the second enchantment, meaning it affects the entire gameplay. This one comes in handy as it allows your creatures to gain one -Walk. For instance, Forestwalk. If you pick that one, Creatures you control will have Forestwalk, meaning that if the opposing player has a Forest (which is tapped for green mana) they cannot block your creatures. The same goes for Islandwalk and Plainswalk, but with Islands (tapped for blue mana) or Plains (tapped for white mana). If an opponent has one of these and you have a Shade...then she is probably going to attack you without you being able to do something about it.

Rain of Pain
Rain of Pain is arguable the most powerful card of the bunch. It is for that reason it costs so much. Rain of Pain counters a spell. It is most likely to be cast when an opponent plays a spell during his turn. A Spell can be a Creature, A Sorcery, Instant, Enchantment etc. Lands are not considered spells.

While it is expensive, it can be devastating. If you counter a creature, you may remove all creatures that player has in it's library, hand and graveyard form the game. Same for instants or sorceries. This devastates most decks, and to end it, you are allowed to [/i]Fateseal 3[/i].

This means you may see the top 3 cards of his library/deck after all the previous stuff happened, and put them on top or bottom at any order you like, effectively changing what he should have drawn next. It can seal his fate for sure.

Balamb, The Home of Shade
A Legendary Land. Not one other may be on the field or both hare destroyed. This one was a little extra and is surely overpowering, as it does not only slightly help your legedary creatures...but also grants you five mana when you tap it. 5! Normal Lands provide one, and special lands mostly two. There are mythically rare cards which can grant more, but they have extra requirements. This one does not. Tap means 5 mana in your mana pool to cast spells with. Have this and two other Lands, and you can summon Shade, which is a 5(+1 due to Balamb)/ 8(+1 due to Balamb).

The only minor thing is it enters the battlefield tapped, so it cant be used for mana the same turn you play it. Only one land may be played each turn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Making Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Magic   Making Magic Empty

Back to top Go down

Making Magic
Page 1 of 1