FinalFantasyWorlds
Welcome to Final Fantasy Worlds. Please log in or register. Thank You
FinalFantasyWorlds
Welcome to Final Fantasy Worlds. Please log in or register. Thank You
FinalFantasyWorlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» OMFG GUESS WHAT.......
Being active is good for the soul (Open) EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 6:49 pm by Shade

» A Long Shift
Being active is good for the soul (Open) EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 3:06 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Mirage Hearts
Being active is good for the soul (Open) EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 5:26 pm by Game Master

» Micro RPs
Being active is good for the soul (Open) EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 5:21 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Micro Rp Thread Rules
Being active is good for the soul (Open) EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 4:23 pm by Zack Fair

» An Angel's return...
Being active is good for the soul (Open) EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 8:27 am by Tifa Lockhart

» my absence
Being active is good for the soul (Open) EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 8:43 pm by Shade

» Chillin' with a smoke.....
Being active is good for the soul (Open) EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 3:29 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Beginnings...
Being active is good for the soul (Open) EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 9:28 pm by Shade

» Removing old Character threads for Weapons, Armor, and such...
Being active is good for the soul (Open) EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 3:13 am by Tifa Lockhart

» Friendly check up.
Being active is good for the soul (Open) EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 12:47 pm by Sephy

» I'm leaving
Being active is good for the soul (Open) EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 2:15 pm by Shade

» Because he's Tifa's favorite...
Being active is good for the soul (Open) EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 4:17 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Guest Posting
Being active is good for the soul (Open) EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 11:38 am by Tifa Lockhart

» Sidequest: Territorial Dispute
Being active is good for the soul (Open) EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 4:50 pm by Zack Fair

» New people, Old places (Open)
Being active is good for the soul (Open) EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 3:52 pm by Zack Fair

» A Party to Remember ... or Not ((Open)
Being active is good for the soul (Open) EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 3:57 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» The Cloud Forest (Tifa)
Being active is good for the soul (Open) EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 4:32 pm by Zack Fair

» Yes, yes, I'm late.
Being active is good for the soul (Open) EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 3:26 pm by Jonathan DeLauren

» Guess Who's Back.....No not Eminem -_-
Being active is good for the soul (Open) EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 3:43 pm by Tora Kline

Micro RPs
Being active is good for the soul (Open) EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 5:21 pm by Tifa Lockhart
We got a new thing! Micro Rps are designed to be short, quick fire things. The rules and points are different in these, so be sure to read up on them before jumping in. Rules are important. Rules can be found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Think of it like Twitter, but less full of GamerGaters, misogyny and racism. At least it better be, banning people is such a hassle.

Go see. Explore. Find stuff. Join in. Peace and love

Tiffs

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
Top posting users this week
No user

Being active is good for the soul (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tora Kline

Tora Kline

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2011-05-21

Character sheet
Max MP:
Being active is good for the soul (Open) Left_bar_bleue30/30Being active is good for the soul (Open) Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
Character Tweaks:

Being active is good for the soul (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Being active is good for the soul (Open)   Being active is good for the soul (Open) EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 10:13 pm

The blistering sun and instense heat would be enough to drain almost anyone of their energ, but those around the Squiggle Brigade HQ were full of energy. A small stand was outside and in front of it was a large number of people. It was a snowcone stand being accompanied by 3 small squiggles manning the stand. They had set up a small group of umbrellas to keep the beating sun from exhausting anyone already waiting in line. I of course was not a part of this, i was too busy filling up water guns and water baloons and placing them into coolers up on the roof. I sure as hell wasnt going to let the summer sun make me an inactive person.
"Rhodes said to keep myself busy and thats just what we will do."
My little buddy Lucky was in his specially made chair helping me with todays 'entertainment' and he was having a lil bit of a hard time tying the balloons. Lucky was still an active little squiggle despite not having the use of his legs anymore, Rhodes and Xavier were kind enough to build him a specialized wheelchair that floated ovewr the ground. They added all sorts of little gizmoes into the chair but even I didnt know what all they added. I gave him the hose and the squirt guns instead so that it would be easier on him. With a squeak and a bit of a happy chatter he went right back to work on helping out.
"Do you think this will be enough buddy?"
Lucky gave me a cute 'chirp' and nodded his head. I looked at the coolers we had filled, about 6 in total, not to mention about 2 dozen water guns. This was indeed going to be a blast. I placed my fingers in my mouth and whistled, some of our squiggle cohorts began marching from the door leading to downstairs until the lined up in front of me.
"Ok guys you know the plan, some of you will go down and knock down the umbrellas, the first wave will send down all of the water balloons, then the second wave will drop down with the water guns."
They all took their positions, I raised my hand and waited. I lowered my hand and yelled for them to start our little operation. The first group leapt off the roof and unto the umbrellas, each landing with a small thud as they bounced off the umbrellas and unto the ground, each squiggle then grabbed an umbrella and started to run off with them, leaving everyone exposed for what came next. I nodded my head to the next group and they launched the water balloons into the air above the now exposed pedestrians below. All they could do is look up just seconds before small rainbow colors light shown above them, some of them looked up and saw the water balloons just before they came crashing down.
"GO GO GO."
The final wave of squiggles leapt off the roof with water guns in hand, as they squirted everyone from above. Theneach landed on top of someone and even knocked a few of them to the ground. The squiggles proceeded to use the guns untul they were all out of water and then retreated back into HQ giggling and squeaking the whole time. I couldnt help but laugh, at least until I heard a cough from behind me.
"So this is what you do when i tell you to keep busy?"
I turned around to see a very peeved looking Bernhardt, I just smiled at him and nodded my head. He pulled the hose we were using out from behind him and with one quick nod it turned on and I was being knocked off the roof with a gush of really cold water. I fell unto my back and just laid in the middle of the street for a bit with a big smile on my face, I had forgotten Rhodes had a sense of humor too.
"Good one Rhodes. You got me."
"Couldnt expect anything less from me though Tora."
Back to top Go down
Shade

Shade

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2010-10-19

Character sheet
Max MP:
Being active is good for the soul (Open) Left_bar_bleue800/1000Being active is good for the soul (Open) Empty_bar_bleue  (800/1000)
Character Tweaks: I don

PostSubject: Re: Being active is good for the soul (Open)   Being active is good for the soul (Open) EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 7:33 pm

Shade didn't want to be here....

She had no plans or desire to be here.....

But when one beheld ownership of a squiggle, one rarely had a choice in the matter as to where they had to go, or wound up, when chasing a hyper active magical rodent. Especially when there seemed to be an unexpected family reunion of squiggles going on. So during the wild squirrel chase through random worldly portals, it was nearly impossible to keep track of her own whereabouts to even know where Skittles' destination was once she caught up with the multi colored over grown rat.

Now standing on the outskirts of the chaotic water mayhem, people running about shrieking, and squiggles scampering about causing the madness in all their hyper glee, Shade could stand there and slowly shake her head. Skittles headed straight for the one Shade recognized as Berhardt Rhodes and transformed himself into a huge bloated Gilgamesh while soaring through the air like a screeching, chaotic tornado.... only to crash into Rhodes and bounce along the ground with him.

Now standing beside Tora, Shade crossed her arms while watching the maddening scene. "Bet he's not too happy he let me adopt that rat now."
Back to top Go down
Tora Kline

Tora Kline

Character sheet
Max MP:
Being active is good for the soul (Open) Left_bar_bleue30/30Being active is good for the soul (Open) Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: Being active is good for the soul (Open)   Being active is good for the soul (Open) EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 6:56 pm

(i luckily had enough time tonight to post, been a while so i hope its ok >.<)

I stopped laughing once i saw a huge 6 armed monster man runn towards Rhodes. The poor guy didnt have much time to react before he was tackled and the giant man bounced on top of him as he landed. He slowly popped his head out from the giant and with a painful looking grin said.
"Welcome home Skittles. Ugh."
I think he fainted for a bit but he said Skittles which meant 'she' was close by. I looked over as a figure stood beside me. It was then that all the past events dealing with a certain schematic came back to me and all those horrid images came flooding back. Rhodes showed me the profile he had on her on his computer, it didnt have much though probably because he didnt press the matters of that sort with her. According to both Rhodes and Xavier she was a good ally, but even then she wasnt what youd call a happy person. As she spoke though I laughed at her comment.
"Rhodes regrets alot of things, but these little guys arent one of them Shade."
I had met her before but only briefly and she gave me a scowled look because i commendeered a map. She didnt seem to want to be here though, Skittles most likely went on a running spree and ended up here.
"Skittles loves Rhodes as much as the rest of them do, but I think he enjoyes squishing him a little too much."
I stood up a brushed myself off, I looked at all the squiggle as they were still having fun chasing people around, I figured the fun was over for today.
"Okay little guys funs over time to get back to work, we are already half a days worth behind on the paperwork, you can have fun once we close up alright."
All the squiggles started pouting as they headed back to work, they only had a couple of hours before they could get off for the day so it wasnt much longer. I ran over to help Rhodes up as he came to, still smiling his ass off.
"You have a mission tomorrow Rhodes so i think you should head home."
Rhodes walked back inside and nodded his head to Shade as he did, it seemed they werent much for words like Rhodes said he used to be...Shade mostly just listened I was told.
"Sorry we cant give a proper welcome Shade, but we are a bit behind since the fire a while back, we lost a few Squiggles during the incident and Rhodes is trying to investigate it. I think it was someone after Rhodes, he does still have a few enemies here and there. Won't you please come inside?"
I was trying my best to be behaved around her, she didnt seem to be one for jokes, which I didnt understand myself since most people who owned a Squiggle were up for one. I walked towards the door and stepped inside, all the Squiggles were running about filing, typing, taking calls and whatnot. I walked to the desk and a Squiggle name Chipper chirped at me. She was asking if she could help with anything.
"A couple of glasses of water should do fine dear please."
I sat down and leaned back in my chair and started playing with my braid.
"I know Skittles is most likely the reason your here, this being his home and all, but I havent really been able to introduce myself. My name is Tora Kline, VP of The Squiggle Brigade at you service."
I gave a short bow of my head and smiled, not really expecting one back but it was just not me to not smile at people.
Back to top Go down
Shade

Shade

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2010-10-19

Character sheet
Max MP:
Being active is good for the soul (Open) Left_bar_bleue800/1000Being active is good for the soul (Open) Empty_bar_bleue  (800/1000)
Character Tweaks: I don

PostSubject: Re: Being active is good for the soul (Open)   Being active is good for the soul (Open) EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 8:54 pm

Skittles was over joyed to see Rhodes and the others of his kind again. Perhaps too happy as he continued to bounce upon the poor young man and accidentally farted in the process, which made Rhodes appear as if he'd come close to passing out. Meanwhile, Shade simply nodded slowly to Tora's words while watching the comical reunion. She remembered the Mithra's profile from her brother's mission report, but she chose not to get involved since Rhodes was connected to the schematic folly. She never did get their side of the issue yet, although speculation led Shade to believe that quite possibly, Rhodes and his Mithra companion dared to believe they could get away with such a thieving feat due to Berhardt's connection with Shade. It no longer mattered what the reason was.... they wound up facing Fury instead and with explosive results. Thus far, nothing else came out of the mishap and the Gunblade schematics were still safely hidden where they belonged.

With Skittles' short attention span, within moments of torturing Rhodes like a human trampoline, the transforming squirrel whipped his form into his usual whirlwind of transformation to revert his body back to its original multi-colored rodent appearance to then scamper off to the other squiggles. Whether the others were surprised or appalled by Skittles' rambunctious behavior, they seemed to adapt rather well and even accept him twirl hugging and hopping on everyone's head with excitement. It was obvious without words that Shade wasn't going to be able to tear him away for quite some time, and it pulled at her heart strings to see him so happy with those of his own kind. Since adopting him, Skittles only had rare visits with his own brother during the few times Shade could visit Tifa. Other than that, her obnoxious squirrel only had Haylo, the puppy, to play with, or Fury's two little girls. So it would seem Shade would have to endure an unexpected stay. She gave Rhodes a curt nod in return as he set off on his way as Tora suggested, while sending a mental prayer to Hyne that whatever mission Tora spoke of had nothing to do with anything on her own planet. Fury had grown bored lately..... Fury was far more dangerous when he grew bored...

But it was the Mithra's following words that grabbed Shade's attention, especially when he mentioned the deaths of some of the beloved squiggle creatures. She followed Tora quietly, noticing that Skittles obeyed as the others were told and followed them as well. One inside, it was obvious the duties the squiggles took on were nothing Skittles himself had any experience with. Poor thing still didn't read, and only Shade and his brother, Squeaker, could ever understand his chitter talk. At least he showed curiosity; scampering across the desk tops, peering around and over the shoulders of the other squiggles to see what they were doing, or eagerly following those scampering around the room to file things and what not. He may have an attention span of a gnat, but when it came to Shade, Skittles was always on the alert. So when he heard her voice and the change in her tone, Skittles came running back to swiftly scramble up her leg and arm to then sit upon her left shoulder and listen to conversation with rare interest.

“So we finally meet officially, Mr. Kline, although don't expect me to apologize for your encounter with my brother. We may be related, but neither of us speak for the other's missions, or how we handle them individually. But you do have my attention about this fire you mentioned....” She paused for a moment, not wanting to repeat what Tora previously reported for Skittles' sake, but to get direct answers, she had to broach the unfortunate news. Shade may be renown for her lack of emotions, but that didn't mean she was heartless. “I'm sorry to hear there were squiggles lost in the blaze.... if Rhodes needs any assistance to the investigation, I'll be glad to help if I can. What details do you have about the incident? I could possibly gather more information you may not have yet.” She felt Skittles' claws dig into her shoulders by the saddened news as he choked back a faint sob of his own. Fortunately, he found himself distracted by the squiggle who returned with two glasses of water, handing one to Tora, and then the other to Shade. Just as she bent down to take the drink, Skittles leaned so far down her arm to greet the female squiggle, he toppled to the floor like a rolling fur covered ball and landed at Chipper's feet. He immediately got back on his feet and began running around her in endless circles and flirty chatter while Shade rolled her eyes at him before taking a swig of her water.
“I wouldn't know how to define “cute” to your kind, Skittles.... but if you say so, then I guess she is...”
Back to top Go down
Tora Kline

Tora Kline

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: Being active is good for the soul (Open)   Being active is good for the soul (Open) EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 4:33 pm

"Rhodes seemed genuinely surprised when we found that schematic. We did our own investigation, and the guys involved actually planned the whole damn thing, we think they may also be involved in the inferno, since the source started at the very spot we had the file on it. Rhodes thinks they were planning to take it from us but obviously that plan was interfered with."

After that incident Rhodes became more cautious about the mission us three took on ourselves, he also made me promise two things. One was that i would never steal for my own benefit, that way I couldnt be accused of such things again. The second thing was that I was no longer allowed to travel alone. My face became rather serious, I didnt want to admit it but the person behind this seemed like they were always one step ahead of Rhodes. Based on what I knew about Rhodes (not much) his former enemy Henderson was taken care of, so it didnt leave many suspects.

"I do have one clue I have yet to show Rhodes, it's a card with a black heart insiginia....according to my friend Lucky, the symbol was used by someone Rhodes knew from a while back."

I looked at Shade and took a deep breathe and took a drink of water. I whistled and my little hovercraft bound Squiggle friend Lucky came from a back room. He stopped right beside the desk and turned his chair towards the wall. A holographic display showed a profile with 2 pictures on it. The picture on the left was a raven haired girl with bright green eyes. On the right was a blonde haired woman with dark red eyes that resembled that of a dragon. Both women had an insignia just like the one on the card tatooed in their right shoulder.

"From what I could gather this is the same woman, she appears as the person on the left in everyday life, but when angered her appearance changes into the picture on the right. According to this she is just as if not smarter than Rhodes and Rhodes has not seen her in about 2 1/2 years. Other than the fact that she lived in a cabin about 20 miles from here where she would rendevous with Rhodes, I was unable to get anything else.

Chipper started to chat with lucky, she was chattering away at how cool his chair was, which distracted him enough to bump his controls and make him tip and fall out. He landed on the ground with a small thud and his little stubs that used to be legs were now visible to all to see. He began to panic a bit a was chattering away at me to help me back up. Hurriedly I picked him up off the ground and placed him back in his chair after I straightened it out. I looked over to Shade and shooed Lucky away for now. Once he left the room I spoke.

"Poor little guy was caught under a fallen cabinet, his legs are too badly burned to be fixed. Rhodes and Xavier built him that chair so that he could still move about somewhat freely, but for the most part he is stuck here in the Brigade."

I leaned back in my chair and stared at the squiggles all happily working their furry little butts off for Rhodes. Keeping my attention to Shade I folded my hands together and rested my head on them as i tilted my head abit.

"I dont expect any cooperation due to the past incident, but It would be appreciated that should you hear anything you notify me and not Rhodes...i do not want him to find out bout this just yet, until i've gathered enough data. We have facilities in most of the known worlds. We are searchign for her but if she is as good as this profile says, it will prove difficult."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Being active is good for the soul (Open)   Being active is good for the soul (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Being active is good for the soul (Open)
Page 1 of 1