FinalFantasyWorlds
Welcome to Final Fantasy Worlds. Please log in or register. Thank You
FinalFantasyWorlds
Welcome to Final Fantasy Worlds. Please log in or register. Thank You
FinalFantasyWorlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» OMFG GUESS WHAT.......
The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 6:49 pm by Shade

» A Long Shift
The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 3:06 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Mirage Hearts
The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 5:26 pm by Game Master

» Micro RPs
The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 5:21 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Micro Rp Thread Rules
The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 4:23 pm by Zack Fair

» An Angel's return...
The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 8:27 am by Tifa Lockhart

» my absence
The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 8:43 pm by Shade

» Chillin' with a smoke.....
The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 3:29 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Beginnings...
The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 9:28 pm by Shade

» Removing old Character threads for Weapons, Armor, and such...
The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 3:13 am by Tifa Lockhart

» Friendly check up.
The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 12:47 pm by Sephy

» I'm leaving
The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 2:15 pm by Shade

» Because he's Tifa's favorite...
The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 4:17 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Guest Posting
The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 11:38 am by Tifa Lockhart

» Sidequest: Territorial Dispute
The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 4:50 pm by Zack Fair

» New people, Old places (Open)
The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 3:52 pm by Zack Fair

» A Party to Remember ... or Not ((Open)
The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 3:57 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» The Cloud Forest (Tifa)
The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 4:32 pm by Zack Fair

» Yes, yes, I'm late.
The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 3:26 pm by Jonathan DeLauren

» Guess Who's Back.....No not Eminem -_-
The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 3:43 pm by Tora Kline

Micro RPs
The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 5:21 pm by Tifa Lockhart
We got a new thing! Micro Rps are designed to be short, quick fire things. The rules and points are different in these, so be sure to read up on them before jumping in. Rules are important. Rules can be found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Think of it like Twitter, but less full of GamerGaters, misogyny and racism. At least it better be, banning people is such a hassle.

Go see. Explore. Find stuff. Join in. Peace and love

Tiffs

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
Top posting users this week
No user

The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Crucent

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-18

The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) Empty
PostSubject: The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED)   The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptySun May 22, 2011 12:27 pm

"BY ALTANAS HAIR!"

Slamming the door in a fit of rage loud enough to startle even her Moogle, Crucent fumed as she threw herself down on her bed.

"Kupo, Mistress. What's wrong?"

"Oh Nothing. Nothing at all, except that the reason I got called to the Archduke is, apparently he's heard of me, got impressed and now I have to go to Aht Urghan to see" she shuddered at the thought "Naja Salaheem! That rotten, little, sneaky, fish-eating, mad-as-a-hatter, powercrazed CAT!"

Tilting his head so much that the red pompom looked like it was about to fall off and roll away, Mooglian the Moogle thought for a bit, then simply replied "Aaah yes, kupo. I can see that would upset you." Giving her a Look from the corner of his eye as he fluttered on tiny wings over to the Oak Table to get her a glass of Melon Juice he asked "Why does he want you to go kupo, and will you?"

Taking the glass, she took a sip and felt a little refreshed before she replied "He seems to be under the illusion that I can actually talk with the furball, just because I told her where to stick her Morningstar after my last encounter with her. Making a face she continued "It seems noone has ever told her off before, so he thinks she might respect that" she said sourly.

"But why do you even have to go there Kupo?"

"He's heard that she has gotten her paws on The Dolphin Crest, and it's apparently a long lost family heirloom of his so he wants it examined, posibbly verified and optimistically returned to him. So now, I have to do it, but I'm not going to meet her alone ever again. I don't trust her one second. She is far too triggerhappy wielding that Morningstar..."

Putting away the used glass, Mooglian fluttered back to his station and yawned as he said "Well, good luck getting anybody to join you, kupo, from what I hear, no Adventurer around here is daft enough to go back to her once they get out of the Sentinels." And with that he rolled up into a small ball and fell asleep.

"Dammit all, the pompom is right... I'll need to find someone new to this world, who *haven't* heard of her yet.... Grabbing some gil, she headed outside and to the nearest Tavern in Lower Jeuno to try and get some company before she would go to Aht Urghan.

Last edited by Crucent on Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fury Leonhart

Number of posts : 938

Character sheet
Max MP:
The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) Left_bar_bleue30/30The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
Character Tweaks: You feeling lucky, Punk?

PostSubject: Re: The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED)   The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptySun May 22, 2011 8:40 pm

Raven reclined on the bar stool in the Tavern in Jeuno. He had gotten there through the complex universal multiplex system that seemed to create a trade center for all of these worlds. He came in search of work, because, well frankly being a resistence fighter against a tyranical government didn't pay well, and Raven was hard on cash. So he figured he would go to one of the lower tech worlds and offfer himself up as a mercenary. Surely someone would pay top dollar for the advanced equipment alone, nevermind that there was a skilled soldier behind it.

So Raven went directly to Vana'diel. A world that seemed to constantly have some form of conflict. Though, Raven did not like to admit it, his business thrived on conflict. Raven jumped through the portal and ended up in Jeuno, practically the center of the world. He could not have asked for a better placement, because right across the street was a tavern where he could drink his fill while he waited. And since they didn't have cigarettes in this world, that meant there were no "non-smoking" sections. Life was good.

As he was waiting, he saw a very distraught looking Elvaan woman burst into the Tavern. She was obviously looking for something and the large purse of gold told him it probably wasn't drink. Raven stood up and made his way towards the girl. He had to make sure he was the one and only merc that presented himself. He needed a big overhaul and usually the jobs these rich nobles gave him were pretty easy.

Raven put out his cigarette and approached the woman. "Hello there! You look like someone who's looking for something. And if I could guess what, it would be some muscle. If I'm right, then look no further. I can do any job you need."

Raven gave her a winning smile as he offered her a drink.
Back to top Go down
Crucent

PostSubject: Re: The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED)   The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyMon May 23, 2011 1:01 pm

Giving the smaller and oddly dressed man a Look, Crucent thought for a few seconds, then grabbed him by his arm, nodded ath the Galkan inn-keeper behind the bar to bring her a beer and sat down in a stall in the corner.

Giving him another long look as she made up her mind about him, she finally said "Well, yes I do need 'muscle', but perhaps not in the way you might think. Smiling at him, she took the beer the waitress brought over and took a sip of it.

Placing the glass on the table, she continued"I need someone who can prevent me from doing my best in killing a very rude and greedy Mithra for the sake of politics. Do you think you are up for it?"

Back to top Go down
Fury Leonhart

Character sheet
Max MP:
The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) Left_bar_bleue30/30The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED)   The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyMon May 23, 2011 4:14 pm

Raven gave a short frown and a swig of his beer when he heard the job. While not exactly the exciting job he thought he would snag, it would still pay well. Anyone who walked around like this woman obviously had money. Raven didn't feel like playing babysitter for a couple of nobles right now, but he had no choice. If he didn't take this job, he would have to wait around until another wealthy noble fell into his lap.

Raven looked the woman over. If he was going to have to restrain her, he was going to have to make sure he could. He would never take a job that he couldn't do. Luckily, she didn't seem like she would be too much of a hassle. Raven leaned back in his seat and said, "And what's the payment?"

Raven gave her a short time to answer and then said, "Ok, I'll do it. I'll help you out. Just lead the way, Boss."

Raven followed Crucent out and towards their destination. As the were travelling, Raven realized he made a slight mistake. He hadn't even asked about the person he was supposed to protect!

"So who exactly am I protecting from you? And why? Not to mention how far do you want me to go to stop you," said Raven with a smile, "Obviously, don't hurt you but, if you were to attack her, do you want me to yank you off her?"
Back to top Go down
Crucent

PostSubject: Re: The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED)   The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyTue May 24, 2011 11:27 am

"Payment will be 5 million.You are protecting me from the Mithran lady we are going to see, and also her from me. We didn't exactly end things on a happy note the last time we saw eachother."

Leading the way to the Airship docks, Crucent made her way to the one heading for Aht Urghan, paid for the both of them then headed up the plank and waited for the Airship to lift off. Speaking again, she continued "Her Name is Naja Salaheem, and she is the President of a Mercenary Organization called Salaheems Sentinels. She is also the princess of the Kingdom of Zhwa, an island nation somewhere in Olzhirya but don't let this fool you for one minute, she's the angriest and most violent cat you'll ever meet. Do not talk to her unless you are certain what you will say, cannot be construed into Isomething else, do not sign ANYTHING she gives you, or you belong to her. Do not do anything that can be seen as even remotely rude or offensive, or you will meet her Morningstar."

Just then the Airship sailed out of the harbor and rose effortlessly into the air as it banked a turn towards Aht Urghan, and the doors inside opened automatically. Heading up to the observational deck, Crucent sat down in a chair and gestured to another one before she said "The Morningstar is her weapon, she uses it as often as others breathe. We are going to talk to her to try and purchase a Jeunoan Archduke family heirloom back for the current Archduke."

Looking at him, she said "She will probably have a field day with me returning to her, so as for stopping us... well, no physical damage to either of us, and no weapons. You can restrain me, but I'd rather you not touch her, unless you want to get hurt. By the way, my name is Crucent. Who are you?

Last edited by Crucent on Wed May 25, 2011 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fury Leonhart

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED)   The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:42 pm

Raven followed at the elvaan lady's heels closely, being sure to pay attention to everything she said. The cat woman that he was supposed to keep an eye on sounded like a total (insert a curse of your choosing). Not to mention the fact that over half of those restrictions placed on him would mean he couldn't talk at all. Considering Raven's lack of control when it came to his quiksilver tongue, this was going to be harder that he thought.

But with the kind of money she was willing to throw his way for it, Raven couldn't complain. With that kind of money, he could fund the operations of Task Force 3 himself. He could do that AND still have enough to shelter those who fall under PSI-COM's cruel hand. He would be able to actually make a difference to the constant back and forth fighting that went on in Cocoon's pristine cities. And all he had to do was prevent a cat fight.

Cat fight.... geesh, this job IS going to be hard.

Raven followed the woman onto the airship. He reached into his vest to pay for his boarding, but the woman had already paid for it. She seemed to like to be in command. Which was fine with Raven. Usually these nobles liked to keep that false sense of power in their grasp, even though a half starved peasant could probably kill them in a fair fight.

But this one seemed different. As he followed the tall woman, Raven couldn't help but notice the finely tuned body. A body that was only achieved through hours of training and years of experience. She walked with a swagger, but not the over-confident walk of one whp was trying to cover up her weaknesses. No, she walked with a set determination that made Raven wonder if he really was going to be able to restrain her.

As Raven took his seat beside her, he couldn't help but marvel at her. She was obviously a noble, but she was not afraid to do any of the dirty work. She could have just as easily sent Raven himself to recover the artifact, but still she came herself. She was truly a diamond in the rough.

"...By the way, my name is Crucent. Who are you?

Raven turned and held out his hand and said, "Raven."
Back to top Go down
Crucent

PostSubject: Re: The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED)   The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyWed May 25, 2011 1:08 am

Shaking his hand Crucent smiled and said " Nice to meet you Raven."

Gesturing to his clothes, she commented "well then. Going by your armor you aren't from around here at all. May I ask where you come from, and how good a mercenary are you? It's just that I like to know I am not wasting the time of either of us. "
Back to top Go down
Fury Leonhart

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED)   The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyWed May 25, 2011 5:44 pm

Raven shook his head to the question. Both were valid questions, especially since the only guns in this world were ball and powder.

"Well I came from a world a little more advanced than this. I don't know if you have heard of it, but there is a place that links multiple worlds together. I came from another world named Cocoon. We are a little more advanced technology wise, but not as capable with magic. Plus from what I have gathered from my short stay here, is as nice a place to stay.

"As for whether I am a good mercenary or not, I will be honest with you. I usually don't do this job. Normally, I work as a type of soldier in my world,"
Raven made a slight lie as he did not know how a noble would look upon a man fighting back against his government. No matter how evil they are. "I don't do a lot of freelance stuff, but I am a pretty decent soldier. I can handle myself in a fight just as well as anyyone and probably follow orders better than any freelancer you'll find around here. I will do this job to the best of my abilities, but I must tell you, you are kinda tieing my hands."
Back to top Go down
Crucent

PostSubject: Re: The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED)   The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyThu May 26, 2011 8:41 am

Smiling Crucent said "I know, and I am sorry about that, but Naja *is* a princess, and a short-tempered violent one at that, so the less you do to upset her, the safer we both will be. As for me, i'm just an adventurer and nothing in need of handling carefully, but I don't like pain when I can avoid it."

Just then the Airship started its quick desent into the harbor in Al Zahbi, capital of the western half of the vast Empire of Aht Urhgan.

Standing up, Crucent said "First I'd like to go to my Town House here and get a few things if that's okay, then we can go look around a bit if you like as my appointment with Naja isn't until tomorrow. But, and I do mean this, Do NOT go outside the city gates! I'm sure you are more then capable of taking care of yourself against all the monsters lurking outside, but I'd rather not have to find out the hard way. Also, before I forget it, here." She then gave him 1 million. "Just so you have some money to buy anything of intrest. Don't worry, it's coming from your payment."

She then stepped off the Airship and onto the docks, heading past the entry gate, nodded to the huge Galkan guard and made her way North through a big tunnel.

"The stall peddlers here do sometimes have things of intrest, weapons and armor, but somehow I dont think you'll want either. I recommend we go to the Auction House in the Eastern Aht Urghan part of the city, then you can have a proper look at what this worlds commerce and trade is about."

Heading towards and walking under a huge pair of wooden gates set into the thick and tall brick wall that kept the entire city safe, Crucent made her way through the throng of people and merchants that filled up Balrahn Way, heading right through another tunnel onto Stoneserpent Square, where her Town House was. Approaching the door she nodded at the doorman and went inside.

"Here we are, my home away from home. It's not much but better then nothing." As she spoke she gently nudged a Moogle that was sleeping in a small bassinet on a table. "Hey... wake up, I need my Claws."

The Moogle rolled over and opened one eye to look at her before it pointed at a cabinet and went to sleep again. After rummaging about in the cabinet a few minutes, she found what she was looking for. Standing up straight again, she strapped on a pair of Claws and sighed happily.

"There, much better."

(click the word Claws to see Crus weapons)
Back to top Go down
Fury Leonhart

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED)   The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptySat May 28, 2011 2:06 pm

Raven followed Crucent through the city, marveling at the buildings and the people. Everything was so simple here. Even a world such as this that has been through so much conflict, people still found a way to coincide with one another. They find a way to make it work and do it. Simple as that. And so much less complicated than the politics of Cocoon. Where a person couldn't relieve themselves without being questioned to death and having to cut through a jungle of red tape.

Raven followed her to her house, she handed him some money and told him that she didn't actually need him until the next day.

"That's very generous of you but if it's ok I would like to stick with you. I know you're not paying me to be a guard, and you sure don't look like you need one, but I like to protect my interests. Make sure my investors stay alive long enough for me to get paid." Raven gave Crucent a wide grin to let her know that last part was a joke.

He followed her inside and waited for her to gather what she needed. When she emerged wearing a pair of combat claws, Raven raised an eyebrow and said, "You need claws to walk around the city? Are you trying to make my job hard?"
Back to top Go down
Crucent

PostSubject: Re: The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED)   The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptySat May 28, 2011 2:48 pm

Looking down at her Claws she grinned and replied "Oh. These? no, I'm not going to run out and hit the first person I see, it's just normal for people to wear their weapons at all times. You never know when people invites you to a fight group so it's good to be ready. Not to mention that sometimes the Beastmen invade the western part of town and we all go fight them off. But if you want to stay thats fine by me. You can sleep in the guest room. I'll get Moogle here to fix it while we're out then."

Nudging the sleeping Moogle yet again, Crucent managed to wake him fully this time and told him to prepare the extra bedroom for Raven and watched it flutter off, grumbling a little at beeing woken up so rudely. She then turned to Raven again and said "Besides, I prefer making Naja *know* I'm not there on a social call."

Making sure she still had her money the Archduke had provided as payment for the deal, she looked at Raven. "Well, I'm ready to go and be your tourguide as it were, so, what would you like to do? get something to eat, go watch the local monsters fight in the arena, or go shop?"
Back to top Go down
Fury Leonhart

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED)   The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 8:43 pm

Raven grinned when he heard the explanation for why Crucent needed to take her claws with her. He had definitely choosen correctly in choosing thiss world for mercenary work. It sounded like conflict was a way of life here. Raven was born of fire. Conflict was all he knew, and so he would do fine in this environment.

And then Crucent made the comment about making Naja* know* she wasn't coming to be friends and Raven sucked in a lung full of air. "This meeting is starting to sound more and more like a backyard brawl thann a diplomatic conference. Are you sure I can't use force?" said Raven jokingly.

"As for what I want to do... Well, I don't really have anything I want to do. I'm fine going along with anything you have to do. But if I must choose, I would like to see these arenas. They sound interesting."
Back to top Go down
Crucent

PostSubject: Re: The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED)   The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 9:22 am

"Okidoki. Follow me then."

Soon the both of them were outside again. Leading the way, Crucent walked trough one tunnel, across the Port where they had arrived on the Airship, through another tunnel and across a big square towards a big iron gate set into the walls.
Paying for the both of them she took the two tickets and headed inside.

"Okay, so, this is where any adventurer who have used a very special photocamera and photographed a monster from the wild, in a fight, can come and bring that monster to fight other monsters. The spectators can then place bets on wich monster who'll win, and may get lots of money from it, or loose lots of money. The owner of the monsters can bestow any one of three characteristics such as abilities, battle techniques, and magic spells on their monster. All monsters possess magic or abilities corresponding to their family. However, certain skills often remain dormant until monsters attain a certain level. So it's not always a good idea to dismiss a monster as weak until you have had the chance to see it perform at a level where it can call upon a full arsenal of skills."

Looking around the four iron cages that were all in use at the moment she continued "pick a cage and lets go look. there is one with a Crab and a Ram, a dragon versus a Dhalmel or a Cactuar against a Dancing Weapon so wich one do you want to watch?"

(OOC: click on any of the three fights to see a youtube video of it.)
Back to top Go down
Fury Leonhart

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED)   The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 7:39 am

Raven followed Crucent through the city. As he moved, he noticed people staring at him. He was used to this but couldn't help but chuckle at the fact that tthey were staring at him for looking weird, when they were wearing crazy outfits with feathers coming out of their hats. He stifled the laugh though because he did not want to offend Crucent.

Walking into the arena, Raven frowned when Crucent paid his way again. While he didn't like spending money on frivolous activities such as this. He felt that he should at least pay for himself, if not both of them.. But it was too late, and Raven just held his tongue.

They walked into the arena and Raven looked around. He was in awe of all the people running from cage to cage, trying to find the best fights to bet on. The was even a very large galka sitting in the corner crying. Just like a big blubbering baby. Raven smiled. Better luck next time, buddy.

Crucent asked which fight he wanted to see, and he started listening intently, but his mind flew away as soon as she said dragon. He had always been fascinated with tales of knights fighting dragons when he was little, and had even gotten to see one at a distance when he was on Pulse. But to actually see one up close was an astounding thought.

"I would like to see the dragon, if that's ok with you."
Back to top Go down
Crucent

PostSubject: Re: The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED)   The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 9:41 am

"Okay, Dragon it is then." Smiling at Raven's look, she headed over to the cave with the dragon and the dhalmel. "You know it's a shame we're here for such a short time, or I could take you to see the real big dragons like Fafnir, Jormundgand, Tiamat or Nidhogg, maybe even try to fight them. But they are Wyrms. It requires a group of 20-30 people to kill any Wyrm as they are deadly both in air and on the ground. They are magnificent creatures but must not be taken lightly, and should be given a great deal of respect by all who pass their way tho so it's not really something only two can do."

Sitting down in the front, she pointed at the roaring dragon in the fight that was currently trying to rip the head of the dhalmel, making it howl as it kicked its powerful front legs at the dragon and continued "Now this guy, he's a dragon. They are, as you can see, alot smaller and skinnier. Dragons also have a tendency to behave like members of the lizard family, in that they detect by sound, and use area attacks that bigger Wyrms don't use. These you can fight alone however, and Dragon Scales, Dragon Hearts and Dragon Meat can be obtained from the defeated animal.

Ducking to avoid the flailing tail of the dragon as it lunged another attack at the now near-dead dhalmel she said " But, not surprising the value of these items is very high, given the rarity of the animal they derive from. The scales can be used in armor, while the dragon's blood can be extracted from the heart and used in a number of synthesis recipes. The meat is a real delicacy, and in the hands of a talented chef, can be prepared in a number of scrumptious ways."
Back to top Go down
Lar Highwind

Lar Highwind

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Character sheet
Max MP:
The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) Left_bar_bleue10000000/10000000The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) Empty_bar_bleue  (10000000/10000000)
Character Tweaks: LAR LAR LAR LAR LAR!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED)   The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 7:27 am

Lar had not spent much time in this strange world, but he felt less out of place than in his own hometown. In Midgar, most people would stare at him recognizing him as SOLDIER, and right now he just wanted to keep a low profile. With so many different races here, he was barely noticed. He enjoyed the fact that even he could take some time and relax, getting away from the advancements of his own world. Shrouding himself in a dark cloak he wandered the streets before coming to an arena of sorts. It seemed to be drawing a fairly large crowd.

"heh.. Why not? Might as well do something fun while I'm here..." Lar thought to himself, as he took his place in the line to purchase his ticket.

The arena was quite the spectacle, but Lar was quite excited for the fight he was about to watch. Soon he would see a dragon. A creature he was never fortunate enough to witness during his time with SOLDIER, only ever hear about. Lar hoped that the dragon would win his battle as he drew great inspiration from dragons. but only moments later something else grabbed his attention. A man with one of the locals was watching the same fight only two rows ahead of his own seats. Normally he wouldn't have cared, but the man was very obviously NOT from the world either, and by the look of his clothing and equipment, he wasn't from Lar's world as well. Lar's attention soon turned to the woman the man was accompanying. As the battle had begun in the arena, Lar found it easier to watch the woman than the battle. "Yes Lar, she's pretty.. stop staring you wierdo..." Lar's thoughts told him, eventually trying to act more casually, occasionally watching the battle but moreso watching the woman with the other worldly man. She also seemed very knowledgeable about dragons which peaked his interest as well. It was at this point, Lar was happy with his earlier choice to come to this arena. He wanted to introduce himself, but did not wish to be rude. For now, he would only watch the woman and her accomplice.
Back to top Go down
Fury Leonhart

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED)   The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 9:54 am

Raven grinned as Crucent told him about the powerful wyrms. Those were the beasts he had heard about in fairy tales. The ones that had grabbed his imagination as a child. He would very much like to see one, but he proobably never would. Considering how dangerous they sounded, paired with Raven's schedue, he probably wouldn't even come back to this world. Let alone have time to track down monsters. "I may have to take you up on that offer sometime. After everything blows over, that is."

Raven continued to watch the intense fight while listening to Crucent. He began to relax and just take the time to enjoy himself and the company of a typical know-it-all, but very attractive, noble. So long as this other person they were meeting the next day wasn't completely psychotic, Raven's job was going to be easy.

But just then Raven remembered where he was and what he was doing. He was supposed to be guarding this woman. That means always staying on alert and watching out for potential threats. And in a world that errupts in conflict constantly, Raven should have been keeping a closer eye on things. He quickly scanned those around him, temporarily drowning out what Crucent was saying for an increased environmental awareness. As he scanned, he notticed a man in the crowd that kept looking at them. To any normal person, he would have just blended in with the crowd, but Raven wasn't a normal person. He was trained to be able to pick inconsistencies out of a crowd and boy did this guy stick out like a sore thumb. The man was obviously from another world, but Raven couldn't quite put his finger on it. The man made him uneasy though, especially since the man tried to look casual while still staring.

Raven looked Crucent in the eye and smiled, saying, "I am sorry to interupt you but I need to step out for a second, I need to answer the a call." Raven stood up from his seat and started towards the door. He got to the door and turned right around. He walked up behind where the man was seated and said, "Can I help you with something?" Raven gave the man a mock smile as he placed his hand tightly down on the man's shoulder to keep him seated.
Back to top Go down
Crucent

PostSubject: Re: The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED)   The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 10:02 am

"Oh okay, i'll just wait here"

Giving Raven a quick smile, Crucent shifted herself enough to let him pass by then returned to the fight. The Dragon was winning by a landslide. It now had the dhalmel's right front leg in its mouth and with an audible snap broke the bone, causing the dhalmel to roar in mad pain but it had no more defensive options readily avaliable to it, and would be dead within the next few minutes anyway.
Back to top Go down
Lar Highwind

Lar Highwind

Character sheet
Max MP:
The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) Left_bar_bleue10000000/10000000The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) Empty_bar_bleue  (10000000/10000000)

PostSubject: Re: The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED)   The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 1:55 pm

Lar was so occupied between watching the near ending battle and staring at the beautiful woman that he didnt even notice her companion approach him and question him. Lar snapped out of the daze he was in and looked up at the young man, "Oh! I apologize I didn't mean to upset you. In fact I was being quite rude.". Lar's face was slightly red from embarrassment. "Truth is, your companion is very attractive, and I couldn't help but watch. I feel so stupid.. I can't apologize enough." Lar could understand this man's concern, as he noticed almost everyone carried weapons and who knows who can trust who. He was unfamiliar with the politics of this world so found it best to not try to leave his seat and cause a scene. This man seemed like he was ready for combat in an instant as well. Instead he decided on the next best thing that he thought he could do, "Lar Highwind, pleased to meet you." he offered his hand to the stranger, but found his eyes trailing back to the beautiful woman who continued to watch the battle in the arena. After a few seconds, he looked back up at the man, trying to focus on being a gentleman, and not some creep, even if it was too late for that assumption. The fact that Lar was extremely uncomfortable being caught like this, was quite obvious.
Back to top Go down
Fury Leonhart

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED)   The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 8:18 am

Raven released the clamp he had down on Lar's shoulder. The man was being overly polite and was obviously embarrassed, so Raven had received the desired effect from the man. He obbviously wasn't going to try any attacks on her, because even if he was here to kill hher, his cover was blown and Raven was going to keep an eye out for him.

But Raven had to admire something in the man. Even though he was caught in a very embarrassing situation, this man named Lar kept his compsure well. But Raven wasn't about to go shaking people who he had just thought were assassins' hands. So when he offered it to him, Raven stepped back, not in recoild or fear, but to make it clear that he wasn't going to shake his hand. All he said in reply to the man was, "Raven and I'm afraid I am going to have to ask you a few questions."

Raven crossed his arms infront of him, his right hand griping the hilt of his knife reflexively. "What world are you from? You are obviously not from here." Raven gave him a moment to respond before asking, "What are you doing in this world? again he gave the man time to answer his question before saying, "And why the hell do you keep looking at her like that!?!"
Back to top Go down
Crucent

PostSubject: Re: The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED)   The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:09 am

As the battle finished with the dragon ripping the head off the dhalmel, spraying blood all over the place, Crucent got up and spotted Raven with another man. He was also dressed in what she had come to think of as otherworldly. They were talking, but Raven didn't look very friendly with his arms crossed.

Walking over to them, she looked quizzically at Raven and wondered who the other man was. Not wanting to intrude, she laid her hand gently on Ravens shoulder as she nodded at, and gave a little smile to the stranger then said "I'll just go collect our reward for the bet from the hume right by the entrance if you need me."

She then did so and put the 50.000 in cash into her armor for her and Raven to split later.
Back to top Go down
Lar Highwind

Lar Highwind

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED)   The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 7:35 am

Lar smiled as Raven began to question him. It brought back memories of his SOLDIER days when the the roll would have been reversed where he would be the one questioning people. Standard behavior for a bodyguard. Lar retracted his hand since this wasn't going to be a casual introduction. "I'm from Gaia.. I used to live in the city of Midgar, And no, I am not from this place. But I'm here for no other reason than to just get away. You're from somewhere like me, No? Then surely you can understand the pressures of even just everyday life. There's no time to relax, especially when you're someone like me..." Lar's voice turned to his usual monotone and cold sound when he mentioned "someone like me". It hurt Lar emotionally to think back of the day he quit. But nonetheless he continued to answer his questions. Lar though why he was in fact staring at the woman, and decided it would be best to answer truthfully. "Well truth is... She fascinates me. I find her to be extremely attractive and unique looking... but I dont even know exactly why.. I'm sorry..." Lar seemed confused in his answer, even though he answered as best he could. In a moment, the fight in the arena was over and the woman walked by and spoke to Raven. When she gave Lar a nod and smile, he couldnt help but smile and nod in return, and watched her walk away, almost oblivious to the man questioning him, only able to mutter out a half whispered "Who is she?"
Back to top Go down
Crucent

PostSubject: Re: The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED)   The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:32 am

Waiting had never been one of Crucents stronger points, so after a few more minutes she finally gave up and returned to Raven and the other man, handing Raven half of the payout money from the bet. "There you go, we won the bet, so half the money is for you" she said then handed Raven 25.000.

"And who is your...friend? I don't think we've had the pleasure of meeting" Looking him over, Crucent saw he was only a few inches shorter then herself. He was slender but not skinny, there was muscle there. His blue eyes were set off nicely against his black spiky hair. She didn't exactly dislike the overall look of the man.
Back to top Go down
Fury Leonhart

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED)   The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 9:57 am

As the man named Lar tried to explain himself, Raven listened intently for any sign of lies. If there was any skill he picked up through his tours on Pulse, it was the ability to tell if someone was lying. He searched for some of the tell-tale signs of lying, the dialated pupils, flared nostrils, change in the pitch of the voice, inability tolook you directly in the eye...

Raven couldn't tell if the man was lying or not, but the implied sob story that he had placed in there for sympathy wasn't really helping him trust the man. Then came the botched explanation of why he was staring at her. The man didn't seem like an assassin but Raven had seen some pretty clever disguises in his days.

As Crucent passed, raven looked to her and nodded, letting heer know that he will be right out. He really hoped she saw the double meaning in tthat nod, to stay away. He heard Lar mutter something under his breathe and Raven felt obliged to answer. "She's no one. And if you were smart about this situatiion, you would see to it that you stop staring... or even following her. I don't have time to deal with stalkers."

Raven was going to leave it at that, when Crucent walked back in and up to them. Raven had turned to go and saw her coming. He closed his eyes and silently prayed for strength when dealing with nobles from the Etro. He turned back around as Crucent approached and made sure he stayed between her and this Lar fellow. As she reached out with the money, he gently pushed it back to her. "I didn't put money down, it's yours," Raven said a bit too sternly for what he was trying to convey.

And then she asked it. The one question that will open doors for this guy and the one question Raven really didn't want to hear right now. But being hired by her he was obliged to say, "He says his name is Lar Highwind from Midgar." and then it hit him. He thought he had seen that uniform before, because he HAD seen that uniform before. Raven griped his knife tighter and said, "He is a SOLDIER."
Back to top Go down
Lar Highwind

Lar Highwind

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED)   The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 6:36 pm

"Was SOLDIER.. I'm not anymore" Lar spoke up, "There were some conflicts of interest.. They couldn't offer me what I wanted.. so I had to leave.". Lar looked at the woman, who stood only slightly taller than himself and slightly sidestepping Raven and gently grabbing her hand and kissing the back of it. "It is a pleasure to meet you ma'am. I'm sorry if my interruptions have hindered your day's progress. I was just chatting with your friend. I hope there is no harm done." He said very casually as he released her hand. Lar looked back at Raven who did not seem to be very impressed with him, but more so it felt that Raven thought that he had other intentions... other than saying hello to the woman. He was no assassin, or hired hitman, he was just a guy enjoying a show, and was very certainly not looking for any kind of fight. He looked at the very unimpressed man, "I'm not looking to fight, and I'm not here to pose a threat.. you may release the grip on your weapon before mistakes are made.." Lar said, not trying to sound rude, but very well may have come off that way. Turning his attention back to the woman he asked, "And, if it is no trouble, may I ask your name, ma'am?" Lar's eyes seemed to glow a more vivid blue every time he looked at her. The coldness seemed to disappear from them and he seemed to become more relaxed in his stance when paying attention to her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED)   The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Dolphin Crest (FINISHED)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FinalFantasyWorlds :: Final Fantasy XI :: World Information and RP locations :: Grand Duchy of Jeuno-
Jump to: