FinalFantasyWorlds
Welcome to Final Fantasy Worlds. Please log in or register. Thank You
FinalFantasyWorlds
Welcome to Final Fantasy Worlds. Please log in or register. Thank You
FinalFantasyWorlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» OMFG GUESS WHAT.......
[Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 6:49 pm by Shade

» A Long Shift
[Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 3:06 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Mirage Hearts
[Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 5:26 pm by Game Master

» Micro RPs
[Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 5:21 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Micro Rp Thread Rules
[Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 4:23 pm by Zack Fair

» An Angel's return...
[Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 8:27 am by Tifa Lockhart

» my absence
[Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 8:43 pm by Shade

» Chillin' with a smoke.....
[Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 3:29 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Beginnings...
[Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 9:28 pm by Shade

» Removing old Character threads for Weapons, Armor, and such...
[Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 3:13 am by Tifa Lockhart

» Friendly check up.
[Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 12:47 pm by Sephy

» I'm leaving
[Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 2:15 pm by Shade

» Because he's Tifa's favorite...
[Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 4:17 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Guest Posting
[Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 11:38 am by Tifa Lockhart

» Sidequest: Territorial Dispute
[Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 4:50 pm by Zack Fair

» New people, Old places (Open)
[Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 3:52 pm by Zack Fair

» A Party to Remember ... or Not ((Open)
[Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 3:57 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» The Cloud Forest (Tifa)
[Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 4:32 pm by Zack Fair

» Yes, yes, I'm late.
[Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 3:26 pm by Jonathan DeLauren

» Guess Who's Back.....No not Eminem -_-
[Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 3:43 pm by Tora Kline

Micro RPs
[Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 5:21 pm by Tifa Lockhart
We got a new thing! Micro Rps are designed to be short, quick fire things. The rules and points are different in these, so be sure to read up on them before jumping in. Rules are important. Rules can be found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Think of it like Twitter, but less full of GamerGaters, misogyny and racism. At least it better be, banning people is such a hassle.

Go see. Explore. Find stuff. Join in. Peace and love

Tiffs

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
Top posting users this week
No user

[Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Banissa

Banissa

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2011-06-14

Character sheet
Max MP:
[Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst Left_bar_bleue300/1000[Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst Empty_bar_bleue  (300/1000)
Character Tweaks: Catgirl with a HUUUUUGE guardian... Yeah, that meat wall is for more than background flavor.

[Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst Empty
PostSubject: [Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst   [Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 12:42 pm

Vana'diel was a world of wide-open possibilities and endless adventure. People all the world over answered the siren's call of freedom and possibility as Adventurers. Wars raged, monsters needed defeating, and the weak and imperiled needed rescuing. Opportunity abounded for those strong-willed enough to forge their own paths through the wilderness.

For one particular little girl, though, opportunity was not what she was seeking. All she wanted was a chance to survive. She'd run, panicked, from the home of her mother because she could feel the oncoming approach of the hunters that had stolen everything from her before she was born. She didn't want to risk them finding her with her family nearby, lest they fall as collateral damage.

She had to survive. Above all else, she had to survive or the sacrifice of one who meant more to her than her own breath would be in vain. She loved him and he loved her and he wanted her to live, so that was what she wanted as well. To honor him. To remember him.

And so she'd fled into the uncaring night with very little in the way of supplies or preparation. She'd managed to make friends along the way with a few animals. A wild chocobo hen had accepted her under her wing as an extra chick for a few nights as the little girl struggled to adapt to a solitary life. Still, she knew that her best bet was not in the wilds. She needed to gain greater strength, and find allies strong enough to aid her if the hunters caught up with her again.

She'd been making her way towards the city for a number of nights, sensing in her heart that there was something there which could help her, but when she approached the city gates of Windurst, she was shy and hesitant. There were so many people; so many strangers walked the streets and she wasn't sure which of them she could trust and which of them would take advantage of a little Mithra girl on the leading edge of maturity.

She was only thirteen years old. Such a young girl to be on her own in a world that could be as dangerous as it was free. And well she knew it. She'd seen death already on her journey. It was just the way things were. Some things died so that others could live. Mithra were carnivores too.

But once she saw the tree, she knew that she'd come to the right place. It was huge, large branches reaching over the city and sheltering untold lives within that space. She grinned at the tree, feeling the peace that always filled her in the presence of trees.

But there wasn't just trees here. There was a school, one she'd heard of from her teachers back at the village she'd fled. A school dedicated to magic. That was what she'd come to Windurst to find. It was called the Orastery and she needed to find it because that was where she could find others who could cure and heal. They wouldn't be exactly like her, no one on Vana'diel was. But they'd be similar enough that she could blend into the crowd.

It was a step in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
Crucent

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-18

PostSubject: Re: [Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst   [Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 8:29 am

Leaving the Chocobo Stables after a few hours of training her 4 week-old Chocobo, Crucent decided to go home via the Main Gates of Windurst. She enjoyed people watching, and sometimes if you were lucky you could find adventurers who were selling their monster drops cause either it took up too much space or it wasn't valuable enough to put up in the Auction Houses. And on very rare occasions you’d get lucky and come across an adventurer that was just starting out and who didn’t know the value of the item they were selling, allowing you to buy a very expensive item ridiculously cheap.

Sitting down next to a tree so she could lean up against it, she spent the next minutes watching everybody that was running either out to fight and explore, or (and far more likely) running like heck in to find some safety from the very easy monsters that was lurking outside the gates. The people doing this were just starting out their lives as adventurers and to them, even a small rabbit would be hard to beat. Smiling to herself, Crucent remembered her own days of starting out when she had decided to really be an adventurer; rabbits and even the easiest of birds seemed like a holy terror back then, with their strong hind legs to kick with or beacks and talons that felt like they was ripping your skin off. Now, a few years later, they were ridiculously weak and she didn’t bother fighting them anymore. Stretching her legs, she waved to those that went past whom she knew, wishing them good luck on whatever they were off to do.

After some time she spotted a young Mithra girl that looked very strange. It wasn’t so much the appearance, it was more the way weeks of fatigue seemed like they weighed her down. Her clothes were very worn and even had a few tears in them, wich was odd because not even Mithran mothers would let their child look so shabby when there were perfectly adequate clothing shops strewn about throughout Windurst. Intrigued, Crucent kept an eye on the girl as she walked as if she was almost stumbling with every step she took. Slowly and laborously she walked away from the Gates, towards Windurst Woods.

Feeling unusually concerned for the Mithran youngster, Crucent got up and followed her easily enough as the child walked down to Bomingo Round where a smaller Heavens Tower type tree was planted. Watching as the Mithra walked straight up to the tree and leaned against it with her back turned then slid down into a sitting position Crucent couldn’t help feeling a little concerned. Heading over to one of the stalls she looked over the menu a little while then made up her mind and bought a Windurstian Tea and a Meat Mithkabob, then walked over to the Mithra girl and squatted down in front of her.

Hey, kid. Are you all right? You look famished. Eat this.” Handing the girl the drink and the food, she then sat down properly and watched as she began to eat like she hadn’t had a decent meal for at least a week.

Back to top Go down
Banissa

Banissa

Character sheet
Max MP:
[Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst Left_bar_bleue300/1000[Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst Empty_bar_bleue  (300/1000)
Character Tweaks: Catgirl with a HUUUUUGE guardian... Yeah, that meat wall is for more than background flavor.

PostSubject: Re: [Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst   [Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 12:20 pm

For a moment the exceptionally young girl backed away from the incredibly tall Elvaan woman. Elvaan were supposed to be snooty cranked up to eleven… now, granted, just about every adventurer out there broke the expected mold in some way or another. That was why they were adventurers. Still, the natural hesitance was an instinct, one quickly overridden by another one entirely.

Who cares what the Elvaan person was under other circumstances? She was offering food. That made her most definitely friendly, especially since the little girl couldn't smell anything out of place on it and it wasn't like she wasn't capable of dealing with any… pharmaceutical surprises in her own magical way.

Yeah, she'd had a run in with an adventurer who had less-than-wholesome intentions. But this little Mithra girl was not like any other and when a child can cast Esuna as an instinctive reaction? It didn't end up leaving her any worse for the wear.

She accepted the food and settled down, eating as carefully as she dared. Granted, she wasn't going to burst her stomach, not with her magics keeping her whole, but she also didn't want to look like a wild child… no matter what she actually was. So she did her best to take normal bites interspersed with sips from the tea, both of which were excellent. She hadn't actually had a cooked meal in quite a while. It wasn't really possible to set up a campfire out in the wilds, not without chasing off her animal friends and she'd needed them to keep from feeling quite so lonely.

She still missed the chocobo hen.

When she was past the first few mouthfuls, and had carefully swallowed so she wasn't trying to talk with her mouth full, which she knew was impolite, but she had a tendency to forget when she got in a rush, she nodded to the nice Elvaan. "Thank you. I'm… I'm Mairi." It suddenly occurred to her that maybe her best bet for hiding in plain sight wasn't in a school of other mage-students, but as an Adventurer.

Adventurers went places and did things for some of the most inscrutable of reasons, sometimes not for any reason at all other than they just wanted to. They tended to be far more powerful than the average person because of the wandering and exploration they did. And they tended to have similarly powerful allies. All of which made the status very appealing to a little Mithra girl who was trying to seem like she wasn't as unusual as she really was.

"Are you an Adventurer? I think I want to become an Adventurer. Do I have to do anything special? I was going to see if I could become a student here… but I think it would be more fun to be an Adventurer. I can heal."

Maybe if she could get some Adventurer allies then she could help them as much as they helped her. It… it was a very good plan in Mairi's mind. Besides, she missed having friends.
Back to top Go down
Crucent

PostSubject: Re: [Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst   [Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 9:42 am

Wooah there Mairi. Relax, I’m not going anywhere.
Chuckling at the young girls barrage of questions, Crucent thought for a little, then said ”Yes, I am an Adventurer. I have been one for several years now… eight I think.
Sighing a little she took a breath and continued ”Becoming an Adventurer… you don’t have to do anything special. First you go talk to a Tarutaru lady called Selele. She usually is in the area by the Gates you just walked through. She gives you some money to start you off with, you know, to buy some armor and weapons and suchlike, then your pretty much set. As for becoming a student, thats easy too. After you have talked to Selele, you make your way over to North Windurst Waters, there you’ll find the Aurastery, wich is the School of magic run by the Tarutarus. Then you talk to either Pechiru-Mashiru, Moreno-Toeno or Fuepepe who are the teachers, and ask them for permission to join. Somehow though, I don’t think they will turn you away…

Staring at the Small Heavens Tower Tree, Crucent did find it a little odd that such a young girl, especially a Mithra wanted to focus on healing as a support for those who fought, for Mithrans weren’t normally good at magic, instead they usually took the more physical damage route, but she didn’t comment on it and instead continued ”Well, Healing isn’t a bad choise if that is what you want to make a job in so to speak. Mostly you stand in the backlines, and heal or boost the ones who are fighting, making it relatively easy to get combat experience safely so it’s not a bad idea. And as you learn more, you can hone in on either becoming a strong White Mage, a powerful Red Mage or a devastating Black Mage.

Standing up, Crucent brushed any dirt of her clothes then looked at Mairi again, her light brown eyes twinkling.

So, what would you like to do first? I’m more than happy to show you around town if you want me too, I’m not really doing anything at the moment. And if I may ask, do you have any place to stay? Cause if you don’t I can help you get your own Mog House wich is what we call our homes, or you can stay with me if you would rather prefer that. I don’t mind either way, allthough you should know it is not considered normal that someone as young as yourself lives all alone, even if you are incide the city walls and safe from monsters and other things that lurk outside the Gates. But it’s not like you will get chased out of town or thought of badly if you do decide to live alone.

Grinning mischievously she looked sideways at Mairi and added

Well… that’s not entirely true, maybe the Mithran mothers will stop by you fairly often to check up on you and make sure you are okay and have all you need but, that’s about it.

Back to top Go down
Banissa

Banissa

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: [Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst   [Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:41 pm

Selele… a Tarutaru named Selele… The name brought up buried memories of a woman named Selene, who had been a friend of hers, a sister and more than a sister. Being alone wasn't easy for Mairi. For so many years she'd needed her friends nearby to provide definition to herself. Selene had gone the other direction. She'd sought self-definition by going some place where none of them were… other than the Old Wolf. She went back to the beginning of it all and so became the origin of everything.

Of course, none of them knew that when Selene leapt into the extreme past after the loss of Jaea.

Mairi pulled her awareness back to the present. She couldn't be distracted by memories, not of Jaea, not of those lost when it fell, not of the aching absence of her Tiran. Thirteen years later it still ached. She was, though, determined to move forward and have as much fun as she possibly could. He would want her to do that, as much as he wanted her to survive him. So she was learning how to stand on her own, as painful as that was. Still, there was standing on her own and then there was being all alone and she knew that she didn't like the latter at all.

She took a good look at Crucent and decided that she was a good person. Someone she could trust… maybe not completely, but she could trust her.

"I don't heal because it's something I learned, or tried to study… I heal because it's just something I do, naturally, like breathing. I had teachers in the village I left… and they didn't understand it either." She took a deep breath. "I know I'm awful young. I had to leave. There are… there are some bad people looking for me… because I can do things other people can't, or can't do like I can… and if they find me then there's going to be fighting and people will get hurt. I didn't want them to find me with my family nearby. It wasn't safe for them for me to stay."

She thought carefully about her options. "Moogles are cute. Very cute. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be a Moogle… but I like being a Mithra. I like having my twitchy ears and my long, soft tail… Cats are also very cute… just like me!" There was a point to this rambling collection of sentences, honest there was… she'd just lost track of it for a moment in thinking about how very cuddly a Moogle could be. Sadly this sort of distraction was common for her, or at least she thought it was. "I think I'd like a Mog House of my own… and I want to be an Adventurer so I need to see Selele." She looked directly into Crucent's eyes with a mischievous grin of her own. "Will you be my friend?"

Friends were of vital importance to Mairi. People friends. Animal friends. She really didn't draw a line between the two types. Both were good to have because they kept the loneliness away and that, more than anything, was half the reason Mairi did the things she did. She couldn't be lonely if she was having fun, now could she?
Back to top Go down
Crucent

PostSubject: Re: [Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst   [Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 2:01 pm

A little taken aback by the blunt question Crucent thought quickly and then nodded.
I‘d like very much to be your friend Mairi” Smiling she continued “ok, if you want to be an Adventurer, let‘s go find Selele and get you started. After that we can either go buy you some gear at the Auction House, or we can go get you your own house so you can get some rest. And did you know that every house also comes with your very own Moogle? He, or She, is there to help you with your things. You know, to keep your weapons and armor clean, make sure your plants are okay when your gone and suchlike. But let‘s get going, follow me.

Heading back the way they had just come from, they reached the Gates again. Looking around Crucent soon spotted the little Tarutaru lady and walked over to where she was, then squatted down on her haunces and said “Hi Selele, long time no see.

The Taru female looked up and a big smile emerged when she recognized Crucent, clapping her hands together in joy she exclaimed ‘Whattaru has the Mithra dragged in? Crucent! it’s so good to see you againy-wainy!’ Laughing Crucent gestured to Mairi and replied “I‘m afraid this isn‘t a social call however. This is my friend Mairi and she wants to start as an Adventurer, so naturally we came to you for help.

Looking the girl up and well… further up, Selele smiled as her brigt blue eyes twinkled and replied ‘Oh goody-woody. We are always in needaru of new adventaruers, willing to lend their time and strength to help Windurst grow her reptaruation.’ Getting more serious she asked ‘Whattaru kind of job are you interested in? I assume-wume you will want a Mog House, so here is your keytaru, and your money, 10.000 gilly-willy should help you get some gear and food to help you on your way. All houses are foundaru by going down where you just camey-waymey from, then head sharply rightaru by the tree, past the bridgeru, then it’s the Firstaru on your lefty-wefty. All purchases can be made at any Aution Housaru, and I’m sure Cru will showtaru you where it is located-wated. With that my little speecharu is done, and I wishy-washy you a Good Journey.’ Extending a very small hand indeed, she took Mairis, shook it and turned to talk to another Adventurer.

Looking down at Mairi Crucent smiled and shrugged. As they both headed off towards the Housing area, she leaned down and murmured quietly “That’s Selene for you, very nice but terribly busy most of the time. She doesn‘t mean to be rude, she‘s just.. Working at a different speed then the rest of us” Chuckling a little, she continued “But here we are, this is your house” making a ta-daah motion she gestured to a 1 storey round stone building nestled snugly among a huge city wall on the right and a small garden on the left. In the front there was a mithra guard by a lamppost, and beside her again was a set of 12 stairs leading up to the doorway.

Nudging Mairi gently she said “Go on, go take a look at your new place, I‘ll wait here.
Back to top Go down
Banissa

Banissa

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: [Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst   [Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 3:07 pm

Her own Moogle friend? For a moment Mairi thought that she'd mis-heard, but that was exactly what Crucent had said. Her own house would come pre-equipped with a Moogle friend! She felt for a moment like she was beside herself for joy. A Moogle to cuddle and talk to! She wondered what the Moogle would be like, whether it would be a boy or a girl, whether it would be upbeat or serious…

She really didn't mind any of the possibilities that came to her mind. She was going to have a Moogle friend! She was silent, but there was a happy bounce to her step as she followed Crucent to meet Selele and get everything set up for her to be an Adventurer and have her own home and her own Moogle friend.

Selele turned out to be a very friendly sort of Tarutaru. Most of them had that cute sounding speech style, one Mairi had played at affecting when she was only three years old. It hadn't lasted long, though. Still, some of the looks she'd gotten from the Tarutaru in her old village had been well worth it, though. They'd never quite figured out if she was making fun of them or genuinely wanting to be like them.

In all honesty, it had been a bit of both.

She really didn't take it personally when Selele turned away from her to see to another Adventurer. She understood about being busy. And she understood about having a different approach to matters than anyone else. Sometimes she could be pretty easily distracted, too.

But then she realized that she had a whole house to explore so she was off like a shot, grinning wide as she practically pulled Crucent along with her all the way to her own little house! She paused for a moment at the front gate, just staring at it with a wide grin on her face and her eyes wide. A house… her own house… a refuge away from harm… where she could hide if she needed to… where she could anchor her storehouse and find all her toys again…

Crucent didn't need to tell her twice to go exploring. She was off like a shot, the key in her hand and the bag of gil jingling at her waist. Her hands were shaking slightly as she fit the key in the lock and opened the door of the little round building to look with joy filled eyes at what was her own home.

It wasn't fancy. A new home never is. That takes time and attention to manage. But it looked so beautiful to the little Mithra kit who was on her own for the first time in so very long. There was a bed and a set of cabinets for her stuff… a table and a kitchen… a bathroom and a tub all her own… She had to explore all of it, open every cabinet, every cupboard and see what they looked like on the inside.

And then she realized that she hadn't seen the Moogle yet. She called out, curiously. "Moogle? Are you here? I'm Mairi and I'm going to live here with you!"

There was a muffled sound of surprise and then a Moogle walked into sight from around a corner. The Moogle had creamy white fur and a bright red pompom, and pink wings on her back. Mairi was beside herself. Her Moogle friend was a girl! Just like her! There was a green bow tied at the base of the pompom and she looked back at Mairi with bright brown eyes.

"Why, hello," she said, "I wondered when I'd get someone to look after. I'm Martika. Good to meet you!" Then the moogle paused for a moment. "You're very young to be on your own, aren't you, Adventurer?"

Mairi giggled and couldn't help herself. She pounced forward and caught Martika up in an embrace that was somewhere between a hug and a snuggle. "I like you! I think we're gonna be really good friends!" She giggled again and planted a kiss directly on Martika's forehead.

Martika's eyes softened for a moment and she hugged the Mithra girl back as best she could. "Yes. I'll be your friend."

Mairi let her go and giggled again. "But now I gotta go look at the Auction House with Crucent! I like being an Adventurer!" And with that she was off again, being very careful to lock the door behind her. She grinned at Crucent. "This is fun! I wanna see the Auction House, okay?"
Back to top Go down
Crucent

PostSubject: Re: [Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst   [Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 12:17 pm

As Mairia ran inside to check out her new home, Crucent sighed wistfully to herself. Seeing Mairis’ delight in beginning her own Adventurer career was bringing back memories. Crucent could still remember her own starting days of when she first had gotten started, fearing the rabbits in East Sarutabaruta right outside the Gates. Making friends…granted some became more special then others, doing missions and quests, getting stronger as they fought monsters, the joy and satisfaction she had gotten when she finally beat Maat and got her Monk Testimonial, the fear when she had fought Tiamat the Wyrm with 25 others the first time…

Oh Well, that was then, this is now. No point reminiscing about the past, it wasn’t gonna change anything anyway. Seeing Mairi return from checking out her home, Crucent shook her head a little to get rid of the memories, and as the girl excitedly said it was time to go to the Auction House, Crucent nodded and smiled as she asked “So, did you like it, and more importantly, is your Moogle nice?

Walking back the way the came from and continuing on past the Tree, Crucent turned slightly right and headed off between two tall earth walls, overhung with greenery, and as they emerged on the other side, she turned left.

Here we are, this is the closest Auction House to where the homes are here in Windurst, but there are others as well in the various other parts of town. There are also Auction Houses elsewhere, in the other towns and cities spread throughout Vana‘Diel, and they are all connected, but that is for another day.” Walking up to the building set into the earth walls that surrounded Windurst, Crucent found a free Trading Window and looked down at Mairi.

Okay; first off I think I should explain how these Auction Houses work, so pay attention, but it is relatively easy to understand so I don’t think you will have any trouble. Now; Auction Houses is where you buy anything you need, or put up for sale anything you don‘t want or need.
Things you want are usually Food and medicine items, furniture, armor and weapons, whereas things you don‘t want or need are things you might get after fighting a monster in the wild. Sometimes after they die, you can find that they dropped an item. Usually you will need to gather 12 of the same item, so it’s a Stack, before you can sell it here, or you can start to make things like materials, food, and the like, again in stacks of 12, and sell them here for profit. It‘s a good way of making money when your having one of those days your too lazy to fight
” Smiling she said “But for now I think we should get you one weapon, some armor, a bed and some food. I can lift you up to the window, so you can see the merchandise easier if you want me too.
Back to top Go down
Banissa

Banissa

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: [Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst   [Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 5:38 pm

Mairi hugged Crucent happily. "Oh yes, my Moogle friend is very nice!! Her name is Martika and she's a girl, just like me, and she's really cool!!" Having her own home was bringing her such happiness! She knew she had lots of things in her storehouse, but it was a matter of finding the time and getting the energy to anchor it to something so she could access it easier.

She listened to Crucent's explanation about the Auction Houses as they walked, keeping her feet moving fast to keep up with Crucent's longer legs. The thought of making stuff appealed to her in a way that almost surprised her. "I can make stuff? Like cookies and cakes and things? I really like cookies and stuff… they taste really, really good."

She skipped slightly as they walked, hopping on one foot and then on the other and then running to catch up with Crucent because she'd fallen behind again. There was so much to see, so much to hear. So very much to learn about being an Adventurer.

She looked at the high-up window and bit her lip for a moment, considering how she was going to do this. She was much shorter than the other, older, Mithran Adventurers. "Uhm… it's awful high up there… how do the Tarutaru manage?"

She walked up to the window and jumped slightly, catching her hands on the edge of the window sill and pulled herself, scrambling, up to where she could look into it at all the various items for sale. Thoughts of beds and dresses and fun things to use in battle like… like a wok.

She blinked as she remembered that particular weapon. She'd had one, somewhere, but she couldn't remember exactly… and the memory teased her mind. It could… it could throw globs of magic energy at a monster… She turned her head to look at Crucent. "You think they've got any weapons that… that can cook and fight monsters?" She paused because she knew that the question was going to confuse Crucent to no end.

"Uhm… I think I've seen weapons somewhere designed for those who use magic, like, a LOT… it lobs energy at a monster instead of actually needing them to hit with the weapon… only it hits harder because a Mage is using it… or something like that. I just… I think I'd like that kind of a weapon." She looked at the armors and tilted her head slightly. "I'm not sure any of the armor will fit me… but I've got a cloak that I can wear if I need to. I don't much, but I've got it."

She looked back at the stuff and all the food and her mouth drooled at some of it. "I gotta learn how to cook. Some of that stuff looks good…" She was actually serious with that. The idea of learning how to make food was highly appealing to her, especially the idea of making sweets. Maybe she could make sweets especially for Martika! She would like that!

This was, possibly, the very best day of her life.
Back to top Go down
Crucent

PostSubject: Re: [Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst   [Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:37 am

Listening to Mairis weapon wish, Crucent thought long and hard before replying.
well… “ tilting her head to one side, still thinking she said “if you mean like a frying pan then no, that they don’t have here, but I do know a Hume in Waters that can help you. I hope that’s okay.”

As for the cooking, that can be done by anybody why puts their mind to it. There is even a Cooking Guild here in Windurst Woods, where you can go and sign up so you can get help with difficult recipies and show off your own food to the Chefs there. They are all held in very high regard, so that might be next on our list of what to do then.” Helping Mairi up so she could look properly at the merchandise Crucent continued “But before we leave here then, I’d like you to get some basic armor, or fighting gear if you prefer to call it that. Also, a bed and food ,but they will ship it to your house so we don‘t need to lug that around as well.”

Getting the sales clerks attention was easy enough for Crucent, so when asked she said “ Hi. We need a bed and some light magic boosting armor for the girl. Nothing that restrains her movements, but something that will give her more control of her magic. What can you show us?”

The Mithran behind the counter then went to fetch some clothes and quickly returned with some skirts and wide-legged light fabric pants in various colors and patterns for Mairi to choose from. “Do you see anything you like Mairi?” Watching the girl was an education, as she ooh’ed and aah’ed at almost every piece of clothing the Mithra brough forth from the racks till the poor woman was looking very harassed with her hair all messed up. Only then did Crucent, who was trying VERY hard not to burst into laughter, nudge Mairi a little and said “ Maybe it’s time to pick something out honey, we’d better get going or we’ll not get your weapon started today.”

Making sure Mairis new bed and armor that she had picked out herself was paid for and that the Auction House had Mairis address, she then helped the girl down.
Right. Time to fix you a weapon.”
Holding Mairis hand, Crucent walked back to the tree, and then headed off towards the housing areas, but instead of turning left to go up to the house, she walked right by and through another gate at the end of that walkway. Passing through she looked down on Mairi and said “this is Windurst Waters, here is where the original Heavens Tower Tree is, that’s where the Star Sibyl lives.” Making her way to a house nearby she knocked on the door “here we are She can fix you a frying-pan weapon” Stepping inside, Crucent sat down and said “Hi Beryl. This young lady needs your help.”

Turning to look at Mairi, the hume woman smiled and said “hello, good to meet you, what can I do for you?”
Back to top Go down
Banissa

Banissa

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: [Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst   [Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:51 pm

Mairi had the time of her life going through the clothing and armor racks, though she really wasn't sure that she liked the idea of wearing pants. As it turned out, Mairi was definitely a skirt kinda girl. Pants of any sort just felt awkward and confining. Especially since she had a tail swishing behind her.

Part of the reason the woman helping them ended up looking so frazzled was the fact that she and Mairi got into a bit of an argument about her tail, and the fact that tails tended to have minds of their own. The woman was concerned about whether or not she'd end up giving panty shots inadvertently and Mairi really didn't understand what the fuss was about.

She had a tail; she wore panties; okay, so it peeked sometimes, what was the big deal?

The argument was never really resolved, mostly because Mairi simply could not see the point to trying to hide the panties when everyone knew that they were there and they really did need to get on with the whole clothing-choosing process.

The one garment piece that Mairi really liked, though, was the pair of thigh-high boots that she found. Originally fashioned for a much larger person, the boots had, unfortunately, gotten soaked at some point and when they dried… they were far too small for the original owner. They fit Mairi perfectly, though, and she was beside herself with glee at that fact.

The woman, though, refused to allow Mairi to wear a top that was cut down to there and cropped up to there. Thirteen year old Mithra girls simply could not go showing themselves off like they were four years older and fifteen years more experienced. Mairi simply rolled her eyes and made do with a top that had poofy sleeves caught by cuffs at each wrist.

Once they got all the armor settled, Mairi followed Crucent to the craftswoman's shop, skipping happily in her new boots all the way there. When they arrived, Mairi waved at her with a huge grin on her face and hopped forward.

"I want a weapon that can also cook food. I saw one once, I think, and it was cool! It was a wok and when someone swings it then it throws a glob of magic at a meanie. See, I use magic a LOT and I think it would be easier to have a weapon that also uses magic so I can smack meanies stronger than if I was just whalloping them with the hard plate on the end of it."

She bounced in place as she spoke, excitement in her stance and her tail twitching back and forth behind her. "Crucent thinks that you can make something like that 'cause you're good at things like that. Please?" She rather purposefully widened her eyes and bounced as she met the hume woman's gaze, making herself as adorably irresistible as possible.

If there was one thing Mairi knew how to do and do very well, other than Healing, it was looking too cute to resist.
Back to top Go down
Crucent

PostSubject: Re: [Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst   [Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 1:38 pm

Laughing softly at the young Mithras enthusiasm, Beryl gave Crucent a look as she said “another ball of energy huh? You must be emitting some kind of signal girl”. Chuckling she again focused on Mairi and said “So, you want a frying pan that can use magic as well as cook your food hmm?” Rubbing her chin as she tought about it, Beryl continued “Well, its unusual, I’ll give you that. Practical, but unusual. Still, no sense in wasting good meat in the wild so… I might be able to sort something out for you lass.”

As Crucent sat down and watched, the hume woman got up and took out a measuring tape along with a pad to write on and a pencil, then she took Mairis hand and stood the girl up on the floor “Right, first, ill need to size you up missy. Can’t end up making you the best frying pan in the world if it’s too big or heavy for you, now can I?” Grabbing her masuring tape Beryl started to measure Mairi as she wrote down the results.

“Right, let’s see now… your arms….mhm, size of hand from index finger to thumb, via your pinky iiiis…. Okay, got it, and then finally…are you right or left handed madam?” Giving Mairi a quick glance, she shrugged and said “no mind no mind, I’ll make it so you can hit with either hand, or both, for best oomph, how’s that? Goodgoodgood.” Grabbing her pad, she dropped the measuring tape, and hurried off to the back of the room where a forge along with all t eusual paraphernaliahad been set up. “This’ll only take a few minutes, if you ladies will want to wait!” By now loud hissing, reminiscent of quickly boling water could be heard, but not much could be seen due to the great ball of steam that had encompassed everything around the forge. “HAVE YOURSELVES A CUP O TEA AND SOME BISQUITS IF YOU WANT!!!” Eardeafening metal clangs rolled through the house, amid some muttering and very sotto voche cursings, as yet more steam permiated every bit of the house by now, making it impossible to see anything at all, more hissing steam could be heard, along with more enthusiastic clanging, then there was some light blue and rather pretty red bursts of light, terribly reminiscent of magic beeing used to be seen, a few more final teeth rattling clangs and an approving grunt, then sudden silence.

Emerging from the fogbanks of steam, Beryl appeared right in front of Mairi holding a black iron skillet that was as long as Mairi’s leg going from Mairis ankle to a little above her knee. “There you go” Handing the girl her new weapon Beryl grinned happily. “Suits you perfectly. It is as light or heavy as you want it to be since you’ll be taking it with you everywhere you go. It’s made to handle magic too, so that won’t be a problem, Other then that, the spells you’ll be using is entirely up to you. Also, it’ll never break, wich I find to be a bonus when it comes to cooking utensils.” Standing up Crucent smiled and thanked the other woman, then she took Mairis hand and headed back outside “Well, there you go, your own weapon. Where to now?”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst   [Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst Empty

Back to top Go down

[Adv,Open] Little Lost Mithra in Windurst
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FinalFantasyWorlds :: Final Fantasy XI :: World Information and RP locations :: Advanced RP-
Jump to: