FinalFantasyWorlds
Welcome to Final Fantasy Worlds. Please log in or register. Thank You
FinalFantasyWorlds
Welcome to Final Fantasy Worlds. Please log in or register. Thank You
FinalFantasyWorlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» OMFG GUESS WHAT.......
Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 6:49 pm by Shade

» A Long Shift
Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 3:06 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Mirage Hearts
Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 5:26 pm by Game Master

» Micro RPs
Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 5:21 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Micro Rp Thread Rules
Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 4:23 pm by Zack Fair

» An Angel's return...
Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 8:27 am by Tifa Lockhart

» my absence
Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 8:43 pm by Shade

» Chillin' with a smoke.....
Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 3:29 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Beginnings...
Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 9:28 pm by Shade

» Removing old Character threads for Weapons, Armor, and such...
Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 3:13 am by Tifa Lockhart

» Friendly check up.
Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 12:47 pm by Sephy

» I'm leaving
Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 2:15 pm by Shade

» Because he's Tifa's favorite...
Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 4:17 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Guest Posting
Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 11:38 am by Tifa Lockhart

» Sidequest: Territorial Dispute
Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 4:50 pm by Zack Fair

» New people, Old places (Open)
Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 3:52 pm by Zack Fair

» A Party to Remember ... or Not ((Open)
Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 3:57 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» The Cloud Forest (Tifa)
Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 4:32 pm by Zack Fair

» Yes, yes, I'm late.
Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 3:26 pm by Jonathan DeLauren

» Guess Who's Back.....No not Eminem -_-
Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 3:43 pm by Tora Kline

Micro RPs
Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 5:21 pm by Tifa Lockhart
We got a new thing! Micro Rps are designed to be short, quick fire things. The rules and points are different in these, so be sure to read up on them before jumping in. Rules are important. Rules can be found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Think of it like Twitter, but less full of GamerGaters, misogyny and racism. At least it better be, banning people is such a hassle.

Go see. Explore. Find stuff. Join in. Peace and love

Tiffs

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
Top posting users this week
No user

Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Telira

Telira

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Character sheet
Max MP:
Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) Left_bar_bleue400/1000Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) Empty_bar_bleue  (400/1000)
Character Tweaks: Red Mage of Light, and new mother to twins Aeric and Brenna

Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open)   Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 7:02 pm

It was a long shot. Telira knew that.

She knew that it was an incredibly faint chance, but for those she cared about, she'd risk far more than a trip to the forsaken lands of the frozen north on a world that she knew almost nothing about.

She'd heard that someone had seen creatures that looked a lot like the Commodore had been seen in the Trabia area of the World of Eight. So she told Soren to direct their airship to the frozen north in search of... something.

She found the remains of a Garden, in the process of being rebuilt, but that wasn't what she was looking for. She ultimately found the domed village in the middle of a snowfield and had Soren set it down so that she could go talk to the inhabitants... whoever they were.

The Commodore walked with her, holding her hand in one of his oversized paws. He went everywhere she did lately, especially since she'd become so large so quickly. He looked around at the area with almost professional curiosity, though he was far more interested in Telira's condition. She walked with him into the village and was surprised by the strange people she saw.

But what surprised her most was the presence of others like her friend.

"Commodore, is this where you came from?"
Back to top Go down
http://thegrizzleyden.wordpress.com/
Jayda Kinneas

Jayda Kinneas

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2011-06-19

Character sheet
Max MP:
Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) Left_bar_bleue150/1000Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) Empty_bar_bleue  (150/1000)
Character Tweaks: “A Smith and Wesson always beats 4 aces”

PostSubject: Re: Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open)   Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:17 am

Jayda didn't normally stray from her duties, but this week had weighed heavily upon her shoulders being assigned to oversee Trabia Garden's repairs and upgrades. She was just as shocked as Shade to discover the facility was still left in deplorable conditions, and although Shade wasn't too keen on the idea, she gave into Jayda's request to see to the Garden brought back to its former glory.

Now Jayda knew why Shade tried to argue against it. The young gunner SeeD heard about her mother's heroic exploits in the Sorceress War every single day, and having to keep a tight lip on her own identity, Jayda often had to release her sorrows in a random janitor's closet or restroom.

So today, Jayda Kinneas was taking a well deserved break from her mourning heart and the daily trials and aggravations to see the Garden was repaired properly. There was one place within Trabia where Jayda found true happiness, and that was with the loving Moombas.

Upon arrival to the Shumi village, Jayda wasn't at all surprised to find the adoring creatures scattered about the village among the Shumis, being helpful as always and even playful during their chores. What came as a surprise was to find another human there. With the new protective laws Shade placed upon the village to keep the Moomba race safe from harm and potential re-slavery, just about any human was far too terrified to even come near the village in fear of Shade's wrath.

By first impression, the young woman didn't seem to be hostile at all. She appeared quite curious of the place and there was a Moomba beside her who already seemed to befriend her. That alone was enough for Jayda to know the stranger was a good person. Moomba's instinctively knew a person's true nature just by their scent alone. So it was with her usual cheerful smile and welcoming nature that Jayda approached the woman with her hand extended in friendship.

"Why hi'dere! I'mm Jada Kinneas from the neighborin' Garden up yonder! Yer a surprisin' sight tah see! Ya lost, darlin'? Or ya just sight seein'?
Back to top Go down
Telira

Telira

Character sheet
Max MP:
Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) Left_bar_bleue400/1000Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) Empty_bar_bleue  (400/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open)   Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:27 pm

Telira saw the woman walk up to her, quite friendly and quite obviously the only other human in this whole village. She smiled on reflex, one hand on the bulge at her belly as she sat with the Commodore fussing over her in his own way. She had to chuckle at him as he looked up at Jayda and mrowed in greeting. She took the offered hand and clasped it for a moment, bowing her head in formal greeting.

"Hello, Miss Kinneas. I'm... I'm kinda here on something of a mission." She took a deep breath. 'I suppose I should explain. I come from the World of One, from Pravoka. We... we've never seen anyone like... like the Commodore here."

The Commodore barked in laughter and pranced around for a moment, his coat-tails swishing around his legs. He'd worn one of his favorite long-coats for the occasion, bright with gold buttons and braid.

She smiled at him and took a deep breath. "I didn't know what he was when I found him, but I knew... I knew that I wasn't laughing. I.. I promised him that I'd help him find his family again..."

And right on cue, the Commodore pounced on her playfully, hugging her around her swollen belly, squeaking and growling like he was trying to talk to her but couldn't quite form the words.

She hugged him back and looked up at Jayda. "Is... is this where people like him come from? Is this his true home?"
Back to top Go down
Jayda Kinneas

Jayda Kinneas

Character sheet
Max MP:
Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) Left_bar_bleue150/1000Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) Empty_bar_bleue  (150/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open)   Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 4:19 pm

Jayda took a seat next to the woman and nodded with a bright smile to all she said. Every now and then she'd giggle by Commodore's antics, which was the norm for loving Moombas. She tilted her head in thought for a moment, not familiar with the world the stranger spoke of, but the possibility as to how her Moomba companion came to such a planet so far away from his own came to mind.

With her hand extended and giving Commodore a gentle scratch behind his ear, Jayda's voice dropped a bit with a hint of sorrow. "From wut research Ah've dun, this 'ere planet be the only one with Moombas. But since d'ese here realms are now conn'cted an'all.... well.... due tah the old slavery ways o' Moombas, many o' them got trapped in dem dere cargo ships and left abandoned on various planets."

Just then, one of the native Moombas came galloping across the grass with cheerful noises and leaped onto Jayda's lap with it's arms and massive paws wrapped around her neck. Jayda's smile returned with joyful giggles as she tried explaining a bit more to the visitor. "Ya see.... this has happ'nd soooo much so that once an' awhile... well.... people are gonna run intah orphaned Moombas ev'rywheres....."

She reached out with a giggle and still managed to scratch Commodore under the chin in hopes her tale didn't sadden him. "But he's a lucky feller tah find such a good lov'in person such as yerself tah take 'im in an care fer im, Misses.....umm...." With a slight blush in her cheeks, Jayda awaited for her companion to reveal her name.
Back to top Go down
Telira

Telira

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open)   Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 4:58 pm

Telira nodded at Jayda's explanation of how a Moomba had managed to find his way to the World of One in the first place. It made all too much sense to her, actually, though it didn't justify the behavior of the louts she'd found him with.

But she'd showed them how a Vorpal sword really worked that day.

Jayda's pointed pause, though, caused Telira's face to blush as bright a red as her cloak as she looked down in sudden embarrassment. "Telira," she said softly, trying to calm the burning of her face without success, "Telira LeNaen and... and I'm not married." The blush deepened to almost purple and made the Commodore growl softly in concern for her.

"I... I know that it's... well, it's not proper, but the fact of the matter is that I do not know who got me in this condition because... well, because I can't remember anything that happened." She'd gotten no few pointed lectures from various matrons about how shameful it was for her to be in the condition she was and not know how it happened.
Back to top Go down
Jayda Kinneas

Jayda Kinneas

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open)   Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 5:57 pm

By this point, the native Moomba was now overly curious with Commodore, and especially the odd overcoat he wore, since Moombas normally just ran about with just their fur. With shy movements, the village Moomba's nose twitched faster than a rabbit, sniffing all over the new comer with soft, curious sounds humming from its throat.

While watching the exchange closely with an adoring smile, Jayda listened to the visitor finally reveal her name and explain her personal condition. "Aw, darlin'," she chuckled with a slight shake of her head. "Thar be no needin' tah be explainin' yerself tah me. But frum whut yew're tellin' me thus far, Ah'd say iffin' ya can't remember how it happ'nd, jus' concentrate on the blessin' ya gawt!" She chimed with a bright smile as her hand motioned toward Telira's stomach.

By that time.... even more Moombas were beginning to approach with tilted heads of curiosity at the new arrivals, but mostly to the Moomba who's scent was unfamiliar to them. Every one of them remained calm, as Moombas were quite the docile creatures and renown for their loving natures, while leaning in for closer sniffs and gently pawing at Commodore as if welcoming him home.

This brought a sad glint in Jada's eyes, even though her smile remained, as she looked back at Telira and spoke with a whisper so not to interrupt the moment. "Whether yer Commodore is native 'ere, or wuz born elsewheres by abandoned Moombas.... he be one o' the lucky ones, darlin'..... Most nev'r see home again once the slavers get'em....."
Back to top Go down
Telira

Telira

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open)   Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:12 pm

The Commodore responded to the curiosity of his fellow Moomba with patient acceptance and curiosity of his own. He investigated them with as much interest as they did him, wondering why they chose to go without adornment. He liked wearing the coats and hats as much as he knew that his friends enjoyed finding them for him.

Telira had to chuckle softly as she watched the getting-to-know-each-other process. "He got into the cargo hold at one point by accident, fell into some crates and emerged with a hat perched on his head and one of the military coats hanging over him." She chuckled at the memory. "I think he knew by then that we weren't going to laugh *at* him, because I want to believe he was laughing with us. It was... it was just so funny..."

She smiled at the group of Moombas. "Well, I make sure that he's got a wide selection of outfits and I let him choose what colors of fabric he wants and what decorations he wants. It's... it's something of a game for all of us, coming up with designs to make him look like the military commander that we call him. I like to think that he enjoys it as much as we do."

She turned and smiled at Jayda. "Well, I travel somewhat more than I should, all things considering. Now that I know where the Commodore's people come from, I'll do what I can to return any I find to this place, if they are willing."

Her voice softened slightly. "Thank you for being so understanding. I... I want to believe that my child is a blessing, that this unborn little one will make the worlds better for being here, no matter how it happened."
Back to top Go down
Jayda Kinneas

Jayda Kinneas

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open)   Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 7:59 pm

Jayda's genuine smile widened even more when watching over Commodore and the village Moombas. A reunion like this was a rare treasure to see! And she also laughed with Telira when the out worlder shared the story as to how her Moomba companion came to like human garments. It gave Jayda a sudden idea that widened her eyes with a gasp with excitement.

"Ya know.... I have tah wonder iffin them ALL wuld layke dressin' up? Whay Ah betcha I culd gather tuns of ol' garments no one wants anymore! It's always a good thing tah keep Moombas active! The same mundane routine must get purdy borin' fer them!.....oh stars.... culd yew just imagine all dem Moombas playin' dressup?"

Jayda erupted into a fit of giggles when imagining some of them in ballerina outfits, or even old SeeD uniforms the first years grew out of. "Well it's nice tah know there's good folk layk yew tah go outta there way an' keep an eye out fer other Moombas. Mah friend Shade wuld greatly 'preciate it havin' banned the slavery, and made strict protection laws fer the little critters."

She turned her head to give her new friend a curious look when Telira spoke of her unborn child. Her fingers began to fidget a bit, unsure if her next question would be too imposing. "Um... have ya seen a Dr. yet, Telira? Ah knows a reel good one, and she don't take no pay! Well, maybeh she sneaks a smooch or two from the cewt guys.... but she's the best darn tootin' physician on this 'ere planet iffin ya need one!"
Back to top Go down
Telira

Telira

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open)   Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 8:57 pm

Telira had to grin at Jayda's idea about making clothing available to the Moombas as a whole, and she quickly giggled at the mental image of a village full of Moomba's engrossed in playing dress-up. "I like that idea. I really like that idea. What would I need to get to make it possible?"

She was serious, in all actuality. As funny as it was to see the Commodore romping around in his coats and hats, she had to believe that it made him happy to wear clothes like the rest of the people around him. And she wanted all the Moombas to be that happy.

Jayda's question, though, made her blush brightly. Not because it was too forward, but because she'd needed to talk to someone about the matter for so long... and she hadn't been able to confide in even Soren. He had his own secrets he kept, of that she was absolutely certain.

"I... I've been afraid to see anyone. We know a White Mage from Vana'diel. She's a sweetheart to the utmost degree, but I just... I couldn't ask her to look for fear of what she'd find." Her hands trembled as she reached out to clasp one of Jayda's. "I... I don't even know whether my child is human or not..." There was the touch of a wail to her voice, painful fear finally finding an outlet. "You can't know what it's like to try to reach for a memory and find nothing there. At least with the Time Restoration my memories were rewritten... it wasn't a gaping hole of nothing."

She struggled to compose herself. "If... if the one you know is willing... then I think I need to know."
Back to top Go down
Jayda Kinneas

Jayda Kinneas

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open)   Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 6:34 pm

Jayda tapped her chin while in deep thought over Telira's question regarding the clothing idea as two random Moombas began playing with Jayda's auburn hair. Where she normally wore it in the usual braided, pig tail style, they now unbraided her long locks to twirl and sway the thick strands about in a playful manner. "Ya know, Imma betcha we wuld find enuff ol' clothes in the Gardens first, bein' tha' thar be more there fittin' tew the Moomba's size."

Then she realized her newfound friend most likely didn't even know what the Gardens were, and couldn't wait to introduce Telira to Shade and the others and share the wonderful news that stowaway Moombas actually had some hope to someday find their way home, or run into a caring person who would watch over them.

At the mention of Telira's plight, Jayda blinked wide eyed for a moment with slight shock by her words, but she didn't want the young woman feeling even more awkward broaching the subject than she already seemed to be. So with her naturally sweet smile returned, Jayda reached out and gave the outworlder's hand a slight squeeze and a friendly wink. "Ah tell ya what, darlin'. Why don' yew an' I try crackin' two birds with one littl' ol' stone. We'll hit Balamb Garden first, getcha looked looked ov'r bah Brixxy an' be sure yew an' yer lil' one's all healthy, then yew an me can go costume huntin'!"

She gave the group of Moomba's another glance and a giggle as they were positioning her hair around around their faces as if they had beards or mustaches while making their usual playful mewing sounds. "Iffin ya feel safe enuff, yer Commodore friend is more than welcome tah stay in the Shumi Village tah play with the others while we're at Balamb."
Back to top Go down
Telira

Telira

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open)   Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:19 pm

Telira had to giggle at the way the Moombas were so fearlessly including Jayda in their play. As much as he wasn't like other people, she'd come to care for the Commodore like he was part of her family and knowing that he was finally with others like him... well, it was bittersweet for her.

"It's more a matter of whether or not the Commodore feels that I am safe enough..." she chuckled softly, "He knew about the little one before I did, of that I am certain." She raised her voice slightly, "Commodore, would it be alright if Jayda and I left for a while? We'll come back, I promise. We're going to get some clothes for you and your new friends to play with, okay?"

He looked at her and then over at Jayda for a moment, tilting his head, before giving her a bark and wagging one clawed finger at her as if warning her to be extra careful with his friend. Then he loped over and hugged Telira around her middle, purring gently to the unborn child within. Tel had to smile at that and petted his head.

"We'll be okay, Commodore. I'll be back before you know it."

He nodded and returned to his play, pouncing on one of the others with a barking laugh.

Telira nodded to Jayda. "Okay, let's see this friend of yours and then see what we can get in the way of clothes for them to play with."
Back to top Go down
Jayda Kinneas

Jayda Kinneas

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open)   Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:07 pm

Jayda continued chuckling at the Moombas freely playing with her hair, cherishing the fact that they trusted her so much to be so carefree around her. She nodded to what Telira said about Commodore knowing about her pregnancy before she did. "Ohhhh that don' serprize meh one bit, darlin'! Moombas gawt that sixth sense layk any other critter.... so they be knowin' things tha' we people just don't sense...." While speaking so fondly of them, Jayda reached out for her slender fingers to rub the back of a nearby Moomba's ear to instantly hear it fall into a deep purr like sound.

Her heart practically melted by the response Commodore gave to Telira when asked if he minded staying behind while the two young women embarked on their garment quest, and when he gave her belly a snuggle, a few of the surrounding Moombas gave her tummy a rather curious light pat as well. With that settled, and the Moombas off playing with their new friend again, Jayda stood up and offered her hand to Telira in case she needed assistance to stand herself. "We'll be headin' tew a differ'nt Garden rath'r than the one closest 'ere. Lemme call us up a ryde!"

Jayda reached behind her ear and tapped against the communications device hidden by her hair and cheerfully requested transport. Within seconds, a most beautiful crimson airship arrived that most found resembling to a dragon shape of sorts and it landed right at the outskirts of the village and waited. "Won't take but but a jiffy tah get there!"

Later in Balamb Garden.......

With her usual enthusiasm, Jayda was pointing out anything and everything in the Garden to Telira and explaining or answering any questions her friend may have about the facility that was currently full of students during the recreational period of their schedules. They ranged from various ages as young as 7 to 17, and all wearing the same Garden uniform. The Infirmary was the last place Jayda motioned to while giving Telira added assurance. "Now don' be mindin' Brixxy's loud flare an' all. She may seem layk a firecracker, but she's the best physician in all the Gardens!"

Back to top Go down
Telira

Telira

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open)   Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 2:17 pm

Seeing the Garden in all it's incredibly bustling glory had Telira's eyes wide as she looked around trying to take it all in. She'd seen it, briefly, from a distance that one day on the beach, but she hadn't approached it up close. There was so much going on, and so many children running around.

"This is a school? And you are teaching weapon use... to children?" She blinked several times in disbelief. "Everyone in Pravoka thought I was an odd one when I started patrolling the streets at the age of twelve. It was... Well those who weren't outright laughing at me were smiling behind their fans at a child playing at adult seriousness... at least until I showed them that I knew what I was doing."

As they approached the Infirmary, Telira did her best not to let her trembling show. At least... at least, thank the Crystals, they were going to a female healer. She'd probably bolt in terror from a male one.

She nodded. "I'll keep that in mind. Thank you." Best was good. Best meant that she'd be honest, and that was what Telira needed most. She'd started having nightmares and that wasn't good, not for her and definitely not for her child.
Back to top Go down
Jayda Kinneas

Jayda Kinneas

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open)   Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 3:42 pm

Jayda was back in her usual element, smiling and waving cheerfully to the faces she knew, or to those who called out her name in greeting. Upon hearing Telira's question, she pondered for a moment for the right words to better explain the Garden facility in this dimension, rather than the more rugged and brutal training that was endured in her own time. "Well the youngin's don' start ry'te off the bat with big ol' swords an' guns bein' they be only seven er' so. It's mostly schoolin' stuff the first few years, then the more tact'ful trainin' an' such graaaa-jally gets werk'd intah their schedules the older they are!"

Just before they reached the Infirmory, Jayda's name was called out from behind them by a pair of very excited voices. Her face lit up when seeing it was Fury's daughters, Alivia and Serenity, both carrying satules that bounced behind them as they trotted eagerly up to Jayda and Telira.

"We got to paint today! We made a lot of pictures!" Serenity piped up and puffing for breath with a proud smile upon her youthful face.

"The daycare teacher said we could borrow some supplies! So we can paint more at home too! But daddy says we should teach Aunt Shade to paint cuz painting makes people happy and he says she's too grumpy all the time so she should start painting!" Alivia beheld a more serious nature within her tone, as if she were given her own personal assignment she was determined to see through.

Meanwhile, Jayda's eyes widened slightly as she gave Telira a nervous glance and held up her finger to give her a brief moment with the girls. Now on one knee in front of the giggling sisters, Jayda couldn't help contain her own. "Now as much as Ah'm sure yer daddy means well an' all, whay don' yew two wait a bit lat'r when yer Aunt Shade ain't workin' in 'er office an' has taym tah sit an' paint with ya?"

After a brief moment of the girls looking to each other muddling over the suggestion, they both quickly bobbed their little heads up and down in agreement when another familiar voice chimed in from behind Telira. "Why wait when you can pain right now? I got some exam rooms that use some cheerful colors!"

Both Serenity and Alivia squealed Brix's name and ran to embrace her as the wild looking blond snatched them both in her arms and gave obnoxious shaking hugs and loud kisses all over their cheeks. Naturally the children giggled hysterically until Brix Dincht released them and greeted Jayda and her unexpected companion. But before Jayda could make the proper introductions, the girls piped up in chatter once more.

"But daddy says you're not allowed to babysit us..."

Brix just rolled her eyes with a playful smirk of annoyance. "Yeah...yeah...yeah.."

"Daddy says you're too loud and aba ...oba.. abonoctious...."

"Yeah...yeah...."

"Daddy says you say too many bad words..."

"Yeah...yeah..."

"And daddy says you have too many private patients..."

"Yeah...ye.... Suddenly Brix's eyes blinked with mild shock before giving the girls a comical scowling look. "You're daddy likes saying a whole lot of crap, don't he!?!?"

Alivia started giggling again, but it was Serenity who turned and batted her wide eyes up at Jayda with a tilt of curiosity to her head. "Jayda? What's a private patient?"

"ALRIGHTY, then! Taym tah go!" Jayda swiftly gathered the girls and ushered them off to rejoin the daycare aid awaiting for them down the hall to return the girls home, then rejoined Brix and Telira with a slight bush to her own cheeks. With a deep breath, the young gunner was finally able to properly introduce the two. "Brix, this 'ere be mah new friend Telira. She done rescued a Moomba from anoth'r world and helped him serch fer his home. Telira.... this 'ere be Brix Dincht.... the finest physician yer eve'r gonna find and quite the street fight'r when she's gawt her blades a'goin' "

The entire time, Brix was nodding her head until the end when she shot out her hand in greeting. Although wearing her usual bold revealing attire of black leather and boots, she still dawned a white medical coat with her name stitched on the side. "So I see ya got yourself a bun in the oven, there, Telira!" Brix announced the obvious pregnant condition with a toothy smile and playful wink of her bright blue eyes. "Need me to take a look see for when the little bugger's gonna pop and start draining your wallet??"

"BRIXXY!"

"WHAAA!?"
Back to top Go down
Telira

Telira

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open)   Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:52 pm

Telira watched the little girls with a soft smile on her face. So innocent and fearless... and so painfully adorable. She wished she could pick both of them up and hug them, or watch them in play with the Commodore who she knew would fall over himself with delight at the opportunity.

The entrance of the physician, though, caused a conversation that made Telira have to struggle very hard not to laugh. Once the children were gone, though, and Brix's attention turned directly to her and the unavoidable fact of her condition, she had to blush a bright red.

"Y-yeah, I'm... I'm still rather astonished by it." The straightforward way she handled the matter was at once reassuring and slightly unnerving. It was a scandal back on the World of One, something usually discussed quietly, but a scandal none-the-less.

She sighed. "I... I think I have a good idea of when... when to expect my child... provided that the matter follows the human timeline and..." She struggled not to get all weepy and scared in front of these two. "That is... I know when it happened, approximately. I just... I just don't know anything else." She took a deep breath. "I'd kinda like to know whether my child will be born looking human... or whether there will be fur or feathers involved." She shuddered for a moment. "Or horns and claws."
Back to top Go down
Jayda Kinneas

Jayda Kinneas

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open)   Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 11:08 pm

Where Jayda's compassionate heart went out to her new found friend and timid confession, Brix nodded as if it were an everyday conversation. It wasn't that Brix didn't feel empathy. She most certainly did..... but as a physician and a warrior all in one, Brix felt that every patient required their physician to be emotionally strong where they could not over what was frightening them. Thus, Brix lit up with another beaming smile and slipped her arm through Telira's in a playful manner and gave the young woman a wink. "Well lets just have a look see at the little munchkin, eh? And I wanna know what sort of plans you got when the time comes, girl. If you ain't been checked yet, then that means you ain't got no Dr, nor any facilty in mind for that matter, for when this kid's done cookin'"

With a heavy sigh and a slow shake of her head, Jayda followed discreetly behind, blushing with embarrassment over her friend's blunt nature, even if Brix was the very best in the medical field. Within moments they entered the Infirmary and headed straight into one of the numerous exam rooms where various machines and cabinets were aligned against the wall. Jayda made sure to give Telira a cheerful and assuring smile every time her friend may glance at her while Brix closed the door and snagged one of the machines with the crook of her foot and slid it right on over to medical bed.
"Now!! All ya gotta do is lie down. Ain't no freaky stirrups in my joint! Hate those barbaric things, I swear. Nope! I devised my own equipment here that saves every ounce of a gal's dignity, I did! Why you don't even have to change into those frappy medical gowns neither!"

Then her hand gave the top of the machine a few pats as if it were a pet. "This here is Carla, and she's what's gonna give us some nice pictures of the little squirt there.... but just be warned.... these kids like to show their asses more than anything else in there!"
Back to top Go down
Telira

Telira

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open)   Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 4:58 pm

Telira nodded at Brix's no-nonsense approach. "I'm afraid I have not... have not given much thought to what I will do... when that time comes." She sighed. "I know that I... I spend too much time traveling back and forth between the worlds for the comfort of... of my friends." She took a deep breath. "And there are still too many unanswered questions for anyone's comfort."

She looked at "Carla" curiously and smiled at Brix's description of both her equipment and at the behavior of the unborn. "While I would say that such is a surprise... I find that I cannot. Small children are delightfully shameless in all things." She chuckled softly, "why should they not proudly display themselves in ways we would rather they not?"

With a tremor of nervousness making her hands shake slightly, she sat down on the medical bed and did her best to lean back so that "Carla" could do her work and show them the face of the child she'd unexpectedly found herself carrying.
Back to top Go down
Jayda Kinneas

Jayda Kinneas

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open)   Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:32 pm

Having assisted Brix on multiple occasions with expectant mothers, Jayda pretty much knew how "Carla" worked and quickly shuffled over to the machine with a chuckle of anticipation to see the images of the unborn. The small pad scanners were lightly placed over Telira's stomach as Brix handled the programming controls. "I'm gonna start by estimating the term here, girl.... just to be on the safe side."

Telira wouldn't feel a thing, but "Carla" suddenly spoke up with a soft female voice recording. "Fetus term estimated between second and third trimester...." Jayda added a few more of the pad scanners at various spots over the unborn while giving Telira another beaming smile "This 'ere contrap'shun can tell ya anythin' bout an unbron.... ev'n if it'sah doin' the backstroke in thar!"

"Fetus A... human.... Fetus B.... human..."

Suddenly, both Brix and Jayda went wide eyed with shock and both staring at the machine completely dumbfounded. Brix gave her head a slight shake and tapped the top of the machine repeatedly. "Hey. hey, hey!! Did ya get your wires crossed or something? You sure about that!?"

"I do not make errors, Dr. Dincht. Humans do. Fetus A and Fetus B are both human and healthy. Does patient require the genders?"

After another stupefied blink at the machine, Brix then turned to look at Telira with her blue orbs wide with surprise and an open smile of perfectly lined teeth. "Seems ya got yourself one for each arm, Telira! Better start stacking on them diapers!! Bwahahaha!!!"

Meanwhile, Jayda was too busy squealing and clapping while bobbing up and down in place with excitement.
Back to top Go down
Telira

Telira

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open)   Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:39 am

For a moment Telira's heart completely stopped inside her chest as all thought ceased... t-two? There were two? and they were both human?

She trembled as her heart started beating again, very loudly inside her ears and she reached for Jayda's hands, squeezing them for support. "Twins? I'm having twins? A-and they're both human? Like, full human? Not some strange Mithra half-breed? N-not that I'd mind little kittens, I'd just like a bit of forewarning, you know..."

She sighed leaning her head back. "Great Crystals... Soren's the one who's gonna have kittens, I swear... He's already on the verge of throttling someone and when he hears that it's twins... He'll lock me in my room or something... or faint... or get drunk..." She put both of her hands over her face for a moment. "Oh, who am I kidding... he's a dwarf, it'll be all of the above..."

Back to top Go down
Jayda Kinneas

Jayda Kinneas

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open)   Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:26 pm

Jayda couldn't help but fall into an eruption of giggles by Telira's reaction. Any expectant mother would be in a state of shock at first. Meanwhile, Brix was still engrossed at tapping the machine's various buttons, or still casually tapping it on the top and sides as if it still had some glitch it wouldn't admit too.

"Error...error.... human error...." "Carla" then released a sudden ZAP! into Brix's hand that led to the obnoxious physician shriek in pain and wave her shocked hand wildly about while sputtering colorful profanity, yet she was still able to answer Telira's questions in between her cursing.

"Yes... twins! And yes! &^%$#%!! there's twins in $%#$! there! Muther fffffff%$#@#!!!!!"

Poor Jayda was either laughing at Brix's comical misfortune or still giggling for Telira's fortunate news. She squeezed her new friend's hand in return with a beaming smile and nodded profusely. "See thar, Telira? Nuthin' tah be worried about now! Human, healthy, and TEW o' them tah boot!"

Suddenly, Brix whipped back around with widened eyes of intrest. "Drunk? Who's getting drunk? Where? Cuz I'm joining them!"

"Is gender confirmation required?" The machine calmly inquired in it's feminine cheerful voice.

Brix whipped her arm around and gave "Carla" a sound smack against the side. "AH, SHUDAP!!"

Back to top Go down
Telira

Telira

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open)   Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:51 pm

Telira was still too flummoxed by the sudden knowledge that she was having twins to even realize that "Carla" had offered to identify the gender of her children. She stumbled slightly as she tried to answer Brix's question.

"Uhm... that would be Soren... he's a dwarf and... I think that he thinks of himself like my brother or something... I-I can almost guarantee that he's going to get very drunk when he finds out about this." She leaned her head back, hands over her face. "I'm going to need so much stuff... a bassinet large enough for both of them... clothes enough for two..."

How was she going to care for two babies on her own? Yeah, she had Soren for help, but he hoped for a family of his own someday with Ilserun. She didn't have the right to depend on him so much... did she?

A sudden thought crossed her mind and she looked over at Brix. "Is there any way to... to see what they look like?" She couldn't explain the overwhelming curiosity that filled her, even as she held panic at bay by a mere thread. It was all becoming far too real far too quickly.
Back to top Go down
Jayda Kinneas

Jayda Kinneas

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open)   Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:59 pm

Still giving her hand a shake or two from the shocking jolt of "Carla", Brix smirked as Telira went on to explain who Soren was. "A Dwarf, eh? I heard they were tough drinkers! Sounds like a fun challenge to me!"

Meanwhile, Jayda rolled her bright hazel eyes out of annoyance at her life long friend and "tsk'ed" at her behavior. "Is thar ev'r a moment in'na day where yew DON'T think 'bout drinkin', Brix?"

A deep scowl fell over Brix's brow, which seemed to darken the hue of her usually blazing blue eyes. "That would make for a very boring day, Jayda...."

Suddenly, "Carla" revealed a monitor screen that slowly emerged from the back panel of the machine that began to flicker once turned on. "Patient has requested view of Fetus A and Fetus B. Both are forming at predicted proper rate. Vital signs normal.... Initiating heart beat....."

Both Jayda and Brix immediately silenced themselves as the computerized sound of two tiny heartbeats echoed throughout the room. Brix carefully maneuvered "Carla" so Telira could get a clear view of the monitor screen, which now revealed half of two small babies from the belly up to show they were completely human and with their tiny hands curled up to their chins. Not wanting to totally disrupt the exciting moment, Brix actually whispered now. "You didn't tell us if you wanted to know the genders yet, so Carla won't show you anything below their bellies...."
Back to top Go down
Telira

Telira

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open)   Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:50 pm

Telira looked at the faces of her twin children and could have sworn that she felt time simply stop. Her babies. Her beautiful... perfect... babies... She took a breath and felt the waver in her chest as sobs she couldn't control came pouring from her.

She reached one hand out to start to touch the monitor and was completely surprised by the way the baby within her opened up one tiny hand to reach back. She watched both infants turn their heads to face "Carla's" sensors, as if looking back at their amazed mother who watched them through the screen.

"M-my babies... my little babies..."

They were real, then, in a way they hadn't been before, even though she'd felt them moving and punching and kicking within her, she saw their faces and knew that they were real and unique and more valuable to her than her own life... more valuable than the crystal shard she wore as a Champion of the World of One.

"I don't even know what I'm going to name you... but... but it'll be okay. I'll keep you safe, and you'll have Uncle Soren to drive nuts as you get older and..." she choked slightly, "and everything's going to be okay."

She was dimly aware of Brix whispering to her, but she didn't hear the words. She was too lost in the miracle of her perfect children. An errant thought ran through her head. "Oh my... Jayda can you imagine the Commodore playing with them? He'd be the perfect babysitter... I just know it..." she bit her lip as her mind went racing forward, "he probably already knows there's two in there..."

Her eyes widened, "Two... clothes... the clothes for the Moombas to play dress-up in!" She groaned. "I'd completely forgotten!"
Back to top Go down
Jayda Kinneas

Jayda Kinneas

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open)   Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 4:45 pm

Both Brix and Jayda gave Telira her moment with her unborn, seeing that this was obviously an emotional moment for her. Brix headed for one of the cabinets hung along the walls and began sifting through bottles and other random items while mumbling to herself. Meanwhile, Jayda sat in a nearby chair, smiling from the expectant mother who was in complete awe by the site of her children upon the screen and making her promises to them.

Jayda hadn't ever given any thought to having a family of her own since torn away from her own time dimension, and she most certainly would never risk such a thing in this one, for fear of being torn out of this particular dimension of her world at any given time. As Shade always reminded them, they didn't belong here, nor could they count on expecting to remain here to set any form of roots, let alone a family. But at least Jayda could share in moments such as this, as well her involvement in the child care center of the Garden, and most of all, to Fury's little girls. At least... she had that much to help her cope.

The mention of Commodore brought Jayda back to attention, and she giggled with a nod at Telira's words. " Oh Moombas are WONDERFUL with children, Telira! Whay, the Shumi's once trusted meh to bring a couple o'dem critters 'ere to the child care cent'r, and ohhhh my.... those lil' tykes jus' smuthered them moomba with luv, and them Moombas were no more than priceless kitt'ns. An' when they came across the babies, whay all they want'd tah dew was curl up around them wee lil' ones and snuggle with'em just layk a momma!"

Brix came back with a few bottles of vitamins and nodded to everything Jayda said with a cackling laughter. "I remember that day! And I swear to Hyne, if Shade didn't slap those strict protection laws over the Moombas, every damn mother on this planet would HAVE a Moomba sitter! Then she turned back to Telira. NOW!" Poor Jayda flinched from Brix's excited enthusiasm as the obnoxious physician went on about her speech. "See these??" Her hands gave the bottles a little shake to hear the pills banging around inside "Ya shulda been on them from the start, little lady. Prenatal vitamins.... big as a horse's hoof but you gotta get them down. You take one of these everyday, preferably with food, or at least a whole glass of milk in your stomach. Traveling is fine, since airships are damn fast to get you somewhere if you do need a Dr. But here's the dish, sweetheart..... With twins? You most likely won't make it to nine months..... twins are impatient little buggers. You could very well go into labor during your seventh month, which we DON'T want to happen, but if you do, you gotta get to a Dr. ASAP to stop labor. So I suggest you figure out where you want to pop, and just settle on down till those two start knocking at the door. Got it? Good."

Jayda simply stared wide eyed up at Brix during her entire lecture before sliding her hazel gaze back to Telira with a single blink. "I'mmaaaaaa thinkin' we gawts plenty o' tyme tah go clothes huntin' now...."
Back to top Go down
Telira

Telira

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open)   Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:57 pm

Telira did her best to follow the list of instructions from Brix, nodding as she was given the bottle with the oblong-shaped pills that looked completely unlike the Potions and such that she was used to seeing dispensed in place of curative magic.

Hearing that her little ones could decide to exit early, though, caused her to bite her lip in nervousness as she put her hand over her belly. She wasn't ready for them yet... wasn't certain that she was ever going to *be* ready, but that wasn't an option for her anymore. They were real. They were coming. She had to *get* ready for them.

When Brix said that she needed to settle down, she held back a sorrowful sigh. As nice as that sounded, it wasn't possible, not yet. Too many regional disputes could rise up if she stayed in any one place on the World of One... Too many potential conflicts if she chose some place off world...

Brix stopped abruptly and Telira looked over at Jayda, chuckling softly at her welcome distraction. "Yes, clothes hunting for the moombas. They're going to have the time of their lives, I just know it." She took a deep breath. "I'll have to talk to Soren about... preparing a nursery on board the Airship. That pretty well *is* my permanent residence since..." she paused, then decided that she might as well confess everything, "well, since I got saddled with the World Throne at about the same time these darlings were setting up shop."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open)   Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Red Mage in the Shumi Village (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FinalFantasyWorlds :: Final Fantasy VIII :: World Information and RP locations :: The Gardens (Balamb, Trabia, Galbadia)-
Jump to: