FinalFantasyWorlds
Welcome to Final Fantasy Worlds. Please log in or register. Thank You
FinalFantasyWorlds
Welcome to Final Fantasy Worlds. Please log in or register. Thank You
FinalFantasyWorlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» OMFG GUESS WHAT.......
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 6:49 pm by Shade

» A Long Shift
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 3:06 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Mirage Hearts
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 5:26 pm by Game Master

» Micro RPs
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 5:21 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Micro Rp Thread Rules
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 4:23 pm by Zack Fair

» An Angel's return...
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 8:27 am by Tifa Lockhart

» my absence
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 8:43 pm by Shade

» Chillin' with a smoke.....
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 3:29 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Beginnings...
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 9:28 pm by Shade

» Removing old Character threads for Weapons, Armor, and such...
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 3:13 am by Tifa Lockhart

» Friendly check up.
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 12:47 pm by Sephy

» I'm leaving
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 2:15 pm by Shade

» Because he's Tifa's favorite...
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 4:17 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Guest Posting
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 11:38 am by Tifa Lockhart

» Sidequest: Territorial Dispute
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 4:50 pm by Zack Fair

» New people, Old places (Open)
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 3:52 pm by Zack Fair

» A Party to Remember ... or Not ((Open)
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 3:57 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» The Cloud Forest (Tifa)
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 4:32 pm by Zack Fair

» Yes, yes, I'm late.
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 3:26 pm by Jonathan DeLauren

» Guess Who's Back.....No not Eminem -_-
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 3:43 pm by Tora Kline

Micro RPs
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 5:21 pm by Tifa Lockhart
We got a new thing! Micro Rps are designed to be short, quick fire things. The rules and points are different in these, so be sure to read up on them before jumping in. Rules are important. Rules can be found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Think of it like Twitter, but less full of GamerGaters, misogyny and racism. At least it better be, banning people is such a hassle.

Go see. Explore. Find stuff. Join in. Peace and love

Tiffs

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
Top posting users this week
No user

So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lady_keiko

lady_keiko

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-08-12

Character sheet
Max MP:
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) Left_bar_bleue600/1000So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) Empty_bar_bleue  (600/1000)
Character Tweaks:

So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) Empty
PostSubject: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:02 am

“I thought this was supposed to be a peaceful town!” I growled stumbling along in the dark of the street shadows.

I had chased old Scruffy Bill to Fisherman’s Horizon to a small ship halfway between continents thinking I’d pressure the old salt dog into giving up Calico Jack’s where abouts. Instead the man went for a hidden dagger when someone showed up to our little meeting and I had to send him to the other side with a fond farewell from my own boot knife. He didn’t go without a parting gift I’m afraid, his own knife sticking in my side. Now here I am bleeding and trying to stay one step ahead of whomever it was that interrupted us so rudely. I can feel the blood run down my side soaking into my pants with each step I take along the street.

Its times like these I question my need to do everything by myself. I could have done with some backup just in case old Scruff did exactly what he did. I have to admit I had a feeling the old dog would have gone for his pistol when I broached the subject of Calico. I should have seen it coming, but I just gave Scruff the benefit of the doubt. I thought we had had enough history together he’d have just told me where Jack was. There was no devotedness though between Bill and I and in the end it was the knives who decided out fates.

Someone was up ahead, I could see their shadow cast by a street light spreading out like some puddle of blackness. They were standing, leaning up against the pole of the one light that sat right in front of my hotel. I was close enough to the cheap room I rented on Drunkman’s Alley that I could have made a run for it and been safe by a good distance, but with a hole in my side that wasn’t possible now. I looked down and noticed I had left a trail of my own blood that a blind man could follow. This was not the worse predicament I had ever been in but it was right close to the top of the very long list. I stopped on the street and ducked into the shadows cast by another street light and waited to see what the person ahead would do.

I couldn’t wait long. Bleeding to death was not the way I saw myself leaving this world. The shadow just stood waiting. I just stood waiting and bleeding. It was a vicious circle for a moment until finally the person under the light moved, walked down the street. I smiled slightly at the fact the shadow walked in the opposite direction from my hotel, guess I was wrong about who it was. I was truly starting to think I was about to make it out of this. I gave whoever the shadow was just enough time to walk away before I ran across the street and into the hotel. Amazingly no one saw me as I made it to the door to my room and ducked inside.
Back to top Go down
John Greywolf

John Greywolf

Number of posts : 373
Registration date : 2011-05-24

Character sheet
Max MP:
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) Left_bar_bleue30/30So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 2:56 pm

John found the body of the one called Scruffy Bill in the bottom hold of some derelict ship. It couldn’t have been meant to sail this ship. It shouldn’t have been meant to sail. Yet somehow it was floating in the dock here in Fisherman’s Horizon. Some miracles really had no explanation. John didn’t need to kneel to see the man was dead, but he did anyway just to ensure himself there was not a small chance of his survival. His fingers touched slightly warm flesh that had all ready taken on a clammy feeling. The chest did not move, did not rise or fall with breathing.

The Shaman stood and took a look around and noticed the hold looked wrecked, even more so after a fight he only assumed Lady Keiko had won. He had to assume that she had at least escaped since he didn’t find her body lying among the debris of boxes and kegs. His enhanced eyes searched the deck of the hold for any sign he could use to track the Pirate and after a moment or two he found a small pool of blood, separate from the one under the man. John guessed it was hers and from the looks of the liquid she was hurt bad. John ran up the ladder to the main deck and then across and down the gang plank to the quay wall of the dock. He spotted the blood trail and began to follow it when his ears picked up the sound of someone taking a step. John looked up slowly spotting a single man standing half in and half out of the shadows. The man was wearing an over-sized hat with a large feather in the band, just like the one he had seen in the vision, and tucked into a broad sash tied around his waist was an old large one-shot pistol, the kind with a musket ball.

I take it you are a friend of the one called Bill.” John remarked kindly.

The man never said a word, just stepped back into the dark disappearing with the mist of the night. John thought about following then gave up that idea. Lady Keiko needed help, maybe more than she realized, and no matter how much he wanted to ask the man a few questions she was more important. The Shaman turned back to the spots and followed them along the street in and out of circles of light cast by the street lamps. He walked along in silence never hearing the steps of the man with the over-sized hat again. Finally he reached the entrance of a hotel, a very cheap one by the looks of it, where the blood spots continued. John followed them right along the hall, up some stairs, and straight to a door. He looked down the hall one way then the other before knocking. There was a long silence, too long for him and the Shaman thought about knocking down the door, but then the loud click of a hammer being drawn back on a pistol caught his ears.

I’m alone Keiko, you need help.” John stated through the door.

There was a long silence again then the lock on the door opened. It was all she was going to do. John pictured her stepping away with the large pistol she carried pointing at the door. He took a breath and stepped in slowly.
Back to top Go down
lady_keiko

lady_keiko

Character sheet
Max MP:
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) Left_bar_bleue600/1000So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) Empty_bar_bleue  (600/1000)
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 6:16 pm

I sat on the edge of the bed, or what this hotel calls a bed, watching intently as John took care of me. I could have shot him earlier when he knocked on the door. Mayhem could have blown a hole big enough for me to crawl through in him so it was very astute of the shaman to announce himself or face a bullet to the heart. I don’t know why he showed up at my door on this night and just as I was about to ask him he swatted away my question with a wave of his hand. So I sat there naked from the waist up with nothing but a dirty sheet covering me as he worked and I thought back to how I ended up here.

I had made it back to the room and was busy trying to see just how bad Bill had wounded me. The old man was sly and thanks to me dropping my guard the stab with his knife went right below my vest. I’ve been struck before by sharper weapons and harsher words which is why I turned the tables on Bill in a flash and killed him. It was what I had asked him that started the cart rolling down hill and out of control. I found old Scruff on that derelict barge down in hold half drunk and getting mean.

Where is Calico Bill?” I asked with a smile stepping off the ladder and surprising the surly beast.

The old man looked to me with his cold dark eyes, a moment of surprise in them, and then spat. “I ain’t seen Calico in a moon duchess, and even if I did I wouldn’t tell you.

Oh Bill,” I purred stepping out into the hold and closer to him, “we’ve always been friends. I’d hate to have that change over a dog like Calico Jack.

Jack weren’t the one who had me whipped for drinking rum, weren’t he?” Scruff spit, literally.

I knew there was no going back now. This was personal, and all over a stolen bottle of rum. There was no making amends so I dug in my heels as they say. “I’m not here to discuss history Bill. I want to know where Calico is and I want to know now.

All right duchess, I know you done took care of Garland for helping Calico mutiny the crew and take your ship. I don’t want to join him in the great beyond. I’ll tell you where old Calico is hidden if’n you let me walk out this hold with me life.

I shook my head thinking how foolish I was to believe him. He took a shaky step forward, a total lie as he was fit and able to fight, and then lunged at me with his dagger. I had barely enough time to step back and away before my boot knife was out and buried into Bill’s black heart. I looked into his eyes as he died and I was sorry because he didn’t give me Calico. Anything else was lost in the past.

I need to heal the wound, it’s too deep for bandages.” I heard John say.

I came back to the here and now and sighed. “Are you sure you want to save me John?

Back to top Go down
John Greywolf

John Greywolf

Character sheet
Max MP:
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) Left_bar_bleue30/30So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:57 pm

The question struck John as strange and certainly out of place for Keiko. He leaned back and looked at her. “I didn’t come here to watch you bleed to death.

The remark was blunt and to the point. John looked her hard in her eyes as she met his. “You killed Bill in self-defense Keiko. I saw the body and the hold; it was more than obvious you had no choice.

She only nodded to the Shaman’s comments so John decided to move ahead and tend the wound which was seeping blood slowly. He knew the wound wasn’t lethal but if left alone could become infected and that might kill her. From the looks of the room and the dirty sheet Keiko was using to cover herself the chance of getting an infection without an open wound was high. The Shaman knew what to do and he began to raise his inner energy by closing his eyes and concentrating on the blue ball in the center of his chest. He felt the warmth his magic caused flow through his body as John began to chant a single word in a whisper.

Cistila…Cistilla…Cistilla

His hands began to glow with a blue hue. Keiko watched as he gently placed his left palm over the wound. As he did he gave one final chant of the word “Cistila’. John’s hands shimmered and grew brighter for an instant as the Shaman’s magic began to mend the open cut to Keiko.

((John casts Spirit Touch – Cistila (small) on Keiko))

It only took a minute, maybe less. The warmth flowed from John into the wound and Keiko. The magic closed the wound leaving only a small blemish in its place. All at once, like always, John felt a little tired after completing the spell, a little cold. He shook off the weariness and handed Keiko her shirt as a knock happened on the door. John knew who was there, had heard the steps in the hall long before the rapt on the door. Yet, even half dressed the Pirate was ready to strike as her large pistol came up pointing at right where the sound had come from. The Shaman reached out put his hand on the weapon steadying Keiko’s hand.

It’s a friend.

Keiko looked up at him with a raised eyebrow so John let go of the pistol and turned to the door. He opened the portal slightly and Wahkan stepped in just enough to be seen. He whispered to the Shaman trying to keep quiet but the large man had a hard time. “The street’s clear. There was a single man out there but he’s gone now.

John nodded accepting the report before turning to Keiko. “We need to get you out of here, to safety…and a clean room.

John started to move about the room getting Keiko’s things making sure not to miss a possesion. It was only after a minute did he notice she hadn’t moved from the edge of the bed. Obviously she had some issue with the plan, though what he didn’t know.
Back to top Go down
lady_keiko

lady_keiko

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 7:54 am

I’ve been healed before by white Mages and mystics. I’ve had sickness soothed with a touch and cuts regenerated with a word. Yet none have come close to what it felt like when John healed my wound, when his glowing blue hands touched my skin. There was no heat from his palm except that which his body produced and still my skin went hot as the magic flowed into me. I felt a sudden rush I my veins, as if my blood was flowing faster and faster. I could feel my breathing quicken and it was totally under my control. I could have slowed it at anytime but I didn’t want to. I had fallen totally into this feeling the magic of John Greywolf produced.

I was so lost in it I barely heard the door, but when I did Mayhem was at my side. Even as intoxicated as I was from the healing magic would have shot whoever it was at the door if not for John. I have never been so drunk as to be taken advantage of and if not for the look from the shaman’s eyes I would have put a bullet into the one rapping on my door. When I saw John’s friend, and the fact he was bigger than John by a lot that warm feeling disappeared, especially when I heard what they were talking about.

It was like I wasn’t in the room. John turned to me and told me we had to leave, to seek safety. I heard the words of taking me away and I thought I hadn’t finished what I was here to do yet. I watched John run around the room picking up my things and with each step I grew a little more defiant. Each thing he picked up I grew a little angrier with him. How dare he think of saving me? I was here to find Calico Jack and my ship the Half Moon and I hadn’t come across either yet, which meant I wasn’t ready to leave, so when John looked at me with his eyes questioning what I was doing and thinking, well I had had enough.

I’m not leaving John. The dog that stole my ship, betrayed me it the most egregious form a Pirate can do, is still here and he knows where my ship is.”

I stood up, and I’ll admit it wasn’t the steadiest of stances. My legs were acting like I had been on the seas for months. I quickly got it under control though. I was not leaving this place until I had met with Jack and I had the knowledge of the where about of my ship. “Now put my things down. If you want to help me John then help me find Calico Jack and my ship…please.

The room was quiet for a second. My wound was still tingling and it was due to a slight breeze in the room. The reason I could feel it was because the sheet I had used to cover myself was on the bed. I had forgotten it in my anger and defiance which meant I was bare breasted in front of John, everything out for all to see. I’m not a bashful person. When you’re the only woman on a ship full of men you learn modesty is not high on a list of things to worry about and I have traded a night of pleasure for trinkets before. Still, for some reason I felt a twinge of emotion when I realized it. I didn’t want John to see me…like this…in this way. I slowly reached up with my arm and covered my breast as my cheeks grew a hint of red.

He didn’t say a word, just handed me my shirt and nodded. As I took the blouse he turned around to let me dress and as I did I felt safe for the first time since leaving that hold with my life spilling out of my side.
Back to top Go down
John Greywolf

John Greywolf

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 9:42 pm

The Shaman could tell from the way Keiko looked at him there was only one choice. She had given such an impassioned speech, topless, he could no longer try and force her to leave the Fisherman’s Horizon and he couldn’t leave her here to do whatever it was she needed to do alone. John just nodded accepting the raven haired Pirates stubbornness handing over her shirt. He turned back to the door to give her some privacy while thinking. When she was done John went to the door and gave it a small knock, one rap only. A minute later a small knock replied signaling all was clear. The Shaman opened the door and Wahkan appeared once again.

Are we moving out?” He asked.

No,” John said shaking his head, “I’m staying here with Lady Keiko and help her find what she’s looking for. I need you to go back to the Siang Tien Tang and wait for us.

Wahkan’s face changed instantly, like he just took a sip of something sour. “Are you sure that’s a good idea?

No,” John said again with a heavy feeling of déjà-vu, “but I can’t leave her here all alone. She needs our help.

If you say so,” Wahkan said shaking his head. In a blink he was gone as quiet as a mouse up the hall.

John turned back to the room where Keiko had her vest back on. She had pulled her long black hair back in a pony tail and holstered Mayhem. The Shaman had no clue where they were headed and he figured the Pirate wouldn’t tell him. Secrets, as much as you tried to hide them the damn things always slipped out in the end. Keiko had hers, like why did the crew of her ship mutiny against her. And he had his, like how he knew she was here and about to be in some serious trouble. The dead, they always come to him when he journeyed in the other worlds. While out ‘walking’ he came across one called Silva, a man he recognized from a vision. The spirit asked him to go to the Fisherman’s Horizon and save Keiko form herself, from a stupid path of vengeance.

The Shaman explained to the spirit he would try to help the Pirate, but in the end she would have to choose to stop herself. The medicine man could only advise and speak from the heart. Keiko would have to listen and make her own judgment. Silva understood and yet he still begged John to go and save his dear friend form joining him here in the great beyond.

Secrets, everyone had them and one day Keiko would know why the Shaman was here by her side. For now John decided to keep the secret and see if Keiko would need his help. She was ready to leave so John stood aside and gave her the door and followed when she left. The pair left out the front and disappeared into the shadows of the street.
Back to top Go down
lady_keiko

lady_keiko

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 7:29 am

I knew who to go see now that my lead with Scruffy Bill came to such a rude end. Calico Jack was here in Fisherman’s Horizon and I was damn well going to find him. I was going to find where my ship the Half Moon was and why he took it from me. I was going to do all of this before shooting the man dead between his eyes. Calico took my ship after turning my crew against me; the only mercy he would get from me would be a quick death after I looked him in his eyes.

John, bless his sweet soul, was trying to stop me from going forward with my plan. He was going to try and sway me from my want to kill Calico but it was just a waste of his energy. I have been betrayed and when that happens I will seek revenge if wronged, an eye for an eye. Like old Scruff had said, I’d taken care of Garland for his part in the mutiny and taking Calico’s side. I came across Garland in Zozo, a nice little den of thieves that city which is why I went there looking for him and found him at a bar. He didn’t give me much of a fight when I confronted him in the bed with the lady he’d paid for downstairs at the bar. He didn’t give me much information either, even with Mayhem digging into the side of his head. I gave him a chance to die like a man, gave him a chance to pick up his pistol and duel. He chose to try and jump for freedom out the window and landed in front of a heavy truck instead. I felt bad for the vehicle, the bumper all bent up and dented by that dog Garland.

So, as we left out of the hotel I knew where I was going. I took myself and John the back streets heading back to the docks. I learned the ins and outs around this city quickly like I always do. I never walk into a room that I don’t know where the exit is. I never walk around a city without knowing where to find and avoid trouble. It was also helpful in keeping out of sight when it came to the local constabulary which at the time was up and moving. They must have found Scruff and now the docks were being watched. I didn’t care; this wouldn’t be the first time I had to duck the law.

I wanted to head over to a rough looking shop under a street light. I knew the owner ran a game out of the back for the local sailors. I also knew Calico Jack and the man were acquaintances of such. Jack didn’t have friends, just poor saps who paid to get rid of him. The owner of the shop would give him up without a blink.

Still, with John in tow, I made sure to approach the shop through the shadows. We reached the front door and I gave it a quick two raps, then three, and finally one after pausing between them. A small slit open up with a snap and a pair of eyes looked out.

What you want?” The eyes asked me.

I need to see Red, tell him Keiko’s here.” I replied with a grin.

My name draws admiration and praise in some places… and gun fire in others, choosing wisely where to drop it is a hard choice. I was sure it would get past the door, and it did. There was a loud clang and then the door opened letting us gain entry.
Back to top Go down
John Greywolf

John Greywolf

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 9:55 pm

When John stepped inside the smoky backroom he had a small idea of what to expect. He had heard, and seen a few times, what men of a certain type did in those backrooms. There was always a table with men sitting around playing some kind of a game of chance that required a buy in to compete and there was always the pile of money in the center of them all. There was always a makeshift bar along one wall held up by empty barrels and leaning up against it was a collection of men drunk from the rum they had been consuming all day and a group of scantily clad women.

You’ve seen one illegal gambling room and you’ve seen them all the Shaman thought.

Only this one was bigger, with more men and women and rum and smoke. As soon as he looked around he noted all the eyes in the large room were on them. He suddenly had the feeling that using Keiko’s name to gain entry may not have been the best idea as it and she was starting to draw too much attention. Somewhere among the crowd there was a murmur and the Shaman knew the men and women were just gauging him with their stares. John kept an eye out as he walked a step or two behind Keiko. The pair wound their way through the mass of people heading to a corner section of the room. The Shaman noticed the whole corner was cut off from everyone by an elaborate red curtain strung from one wall t the other on an ornate rod and poles. The whole thing didn’t match the room; it looked like something you’d find in a mansion or some over the top grandiosely decorated Air Ship.

Keiko strode confidently over to the wall of velvet and spoke to one of the large men by the drapes. He was obviously a guard and John assumed that ‘Red’ was behind that protective wall. The Shaman saw Keiko look to him and then give a sign for him to stay put. He didn’t like being left out of whatever discussion was going to take place and for good reason. John wasn’t totally confident the Pirate knew what she was getting herself into or just how to get herself out. He looked left and spotted a man staring at him blankly.

No need to worry for Clegg. He’s just pissed.” A voice cackled from his right.

John turned to see a man swaying drunkenly on one leg and a wooden peg for the other dressed in a ruffled shirt that had several vomit stains on the front. “He’s drunk?

Oh no, Clegg’s way past drunk. He’s pissed!” The man laughed.

Leave the man be Pete or I’ll gut you, understand?

The voice was new, and it sounded mean. John turned to see a third man, very sober and very dangerous. The Shaman read his aura and it was nothing but black and gray, a very bad combination. “May I help you?” John asked with a straight face.

You came in with Keiko, right?

Yes, is that a problem?” The Shaman asked noting three other men behind this one. They were his crew John assumed and instantly started working on a plan to knock the men out and get back out into the street.

Well that depends, friend of Lady Keiko, how brave are you?

Oh that was a question he had to think about answering.
Back to top Go down
lady_keiko

lady_keiko

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 3:53 pm

I want to set things straight first, get my cards on the table. I do not like Red. In a perfect world I would never have to deal with the man, but this is far from a Utopian paradise now isn’t it. I do respect Red as a brother Pirate and for being an excellent thief. He is also a grand judge of character as on more than one occasion he told me that dog Calico Jack would make me sorry the day I let him crawl into my bed.

Well, that day came when he took the Half Moon and left me to die on a beach. Yet every dog has his day and mind you Jack’s was coming awful quickly. I just needed a trail to follow and if there was anyone here on this island that knew of Calico’s where about’s were it would be Red. Imagine an average man who may have looked fat but could cut you faster than you could blink an eye. His long hair may have turned gray but he was no old man, in bed or in a fight. Red dressed like an aristocrat with tailored clothes and shined boots, but deep down he was a Pirate of the first order. As I stepped through those gaudy drapes, and they were every inch Red’s style, I spotted him laying back in one of those long lounge chairs you see painters using when doodling naked pictures of women tucked right into the corner. And speaking of naked women, Red had his assortment walking around. Some had no bottoms and just shirts while others had the bottoms and no shirts, not a matched set could be seen, and sitting there like a proud king stretched out on that lounge chair in the middle of all the debauchery was Red.

He spotted me instantly and squinted. I’ve known Red a long time, back when I first became a Pirate he was there. I knew the man wasn’t worried or trying to get a better look to see if I had a weapon. No, Red was just thinking, like why in the nine laws would she be here. I know I took Red by surprise, but he sure didn’t show it with the exception of the squint. He just laid there with his half naked brigade of tarts and watched as I walked up.

Evening Red, don’t get up on account of me.” I said with a smile.

I wasn’t planning to,” Red laughed before taking a bite of cake from one of his ‘ladies’. He left me standing there letting me know I wasn’t commanding his attention or anything else for that matter in his place. After a minute he turned back to me and spoke. “So what brings the terror of the skies to my humble abode?

I don’t fly these days.” I answered knowing full well Red knew what happed to the Half Moon.

I know and its damn shame about your ship. If I could help-

Well you can help me Red. I chased Jack here, right up to old Scruff’s boat.” I cut in trying to move the conversation along. I’m not a very patient person.

I know,” Red answered still not moving and sounding a little less receptive to me being in the room. I assumed he heard all ready about Scruff and the fact I had killed him which was why he was being rather cold at the moment.

I smiled a little bigger hoping it bought me at least a minute more. “No one, like Jack, moves around here without you knowing it Red. If you-

I know,” Red remarked cutting me off while sitting up. I thought I might have to shoot my way out, which would have been bad, when he continued on. “The question is Keiko, do you know who is out there in the crowd?

The question made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I didn’t respond so Red just kept talking. “Your old friend, the Judge, stopped by for a drink and a game of chance. I think he still has mixed feelings about you and the fact you shot him…twice.

Are you going to give me away Red?” I asked putting a hand on Mayhem. If the Judge really were out in the crowd then he wasn’t alone…and neither was I. The thought of John running into Judge just made the hair on my neck stand a little taller.
Back to top Go down
John Greywolf

John Greywolf

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 11:22 pm

John wasn’t sure what the man wanted or why he was saying it was a bad thing to be friends with Keiko, and add to it the men surrounding him making the situation just a little uneasy. It was unnerving but the Shaman kept his cool and locked eyes with the main one who was talking. From looking at the way he dressed the man was a Pirate with the usual sword and pistol tucked into a large black sash he wore around his waist. The others looked the same which made John wonder how they came armed here in Fisherman’s Horizon. This island was supposed to be free of weapons.

Why do I need to be brave, is Keiko’s reputation that bad?” John asked getting ready to drive an elbow into the man’s face to his left. That would give him time to draw Wakina and properly defend himself…hopefully.

Well mate, I can tell she hasn’t shot you yet, or has she and your just being nice about it?” The obvious man in charge answered.

The Shaman shook his head. “No sir, she has not shot me yet, but from the way you speak I’m assuming she has shot you, probably more than once.

You’d be right land lover, and if your thinkin’ that makes me a little upset with her then you’d be right about that too.

And you plan on getting revenge when she steps out of the curtains?” John inquired though he was pretty sure of the answer.

The man in charge just smiled and winked. “You’re a smart one, maybe a little too smart. My name is Judge, as in the last word with my crew.

Judge was a captain; at least Keiko only shot the top of the ranks John thought. The Shaman glanced over his shoulder to see the men had closed in on him. Now the situation was getting tense. He suddenly has an idea to give him a chance to try and get away.

My name’s John Geywolf and maybe we can settle this dispute without hurting any innocent people, or at least the semi-innocent ones.

The captain looked at John with a raised eyebrow. “And just how do we do that?

Well, you’re a betting man I assume from your look and we are in a gambling room. Why don’t we play for the right to let us have a small advantage in a head start?

Judge grimaced then bust out laughing. The men around him started to laugh with their captain just as loud which drew eyes from all over the room. Judge put a hand on the Shaman’s shoulder while trying to hold back his guffaws, which were very over the top. “And why would I give up my advantage just to give that cold hearted bitch a chance to escape?

((John casts Spirit Touch – Devour))

With all the laughing and the confidence of having the numbers on his side, Judge never saw what felled him. He watched as John reached up and took the hand he placed on the man’s shoulder in his pushing it away slowly. His ears caught just the slightest word, some strange language he hadn’t come across in his travels, and then all at once he felt so sick he could barely stand. Judge’s legs buckled and he fell face first onto the top of the bar and then to the floor like a sack of potatoes. His men jumped to his aid suddenly unsure what to do without their captain and it was all the distraction the Shaman needed to step away into the crowd.

As he did he felt a hand reach out and take his. When he turned to see who it was Keiko was smiling while looking at her old acquaintance Judge.
Back to top Go down
lady_keiko

lady_keiko

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 8:00 pm

John was out in the crowd in the room and so was Judge, a Pirate captain I have personally shot twice and believe you me he deserved both bullets like no one else. The man is low, a loathsome excuse of a Captain, and quite insane. Both times I put a round into him Judge deserved it. He deserved a second bullet each time unfortunately fate decided to let my pistol jam once and the other I ran out of ammo. Both times luck saved his treacherous soul and I was in no mood to have a third time with him. I looked to Red setting my jaw.

Now why would I give you away to that drivelswigger, eh Keiko?” Red smiled.

Seeing that smile reassured me I was safe for now and because of it I took my hand off Mayhem. That name, I had not heard it since the Captain who took me in spoke it. He had called me it at times when his patience was worn thin with my mistakes. “Where’s Jack with my ship Red?” I asked hoping to finally get an answer.

It was not to be though as Red sat up and walked over. “Jack snuck in here three days ago with that picaroon Scruff on that hunk of wood some like to call a boat. He’s been seen here and there, but nothing during the day. Word I hear is he’s been trying to stay one step ahead of you.

And being damn good at it too,” I spat with frustration. “What about my ship?

Red sighed and I knew the news was not going to be good. “Jack’s hidden the Half Moon somewhere, but where ain’t no one tellin’. I came across some of the mutinous crew who left you marooned to die on that beach.

What happened to them? Did they talk?

Oh they did some talking, and then danced the hempen jig.” Red smiled evilly.

The reference to hanging a man made me shiver just a bit. I can take being killed by a bullet or a sword blow, but to die struggling at the end of a rope…it’s no way for an honest Pirate to go. “I take it they did not know where the Half Moon was moored?

No, they had no clue to what Jack did with your ship. He dropped them all off and then took the Half Moon on a final flight.” Red explained.

Jack would never scuttle the Half Moon. He loves the ship too much, like me.” I said with a shake of my head.

Red shook his too. “I know that scallywag didn’t rid us of the Half Moon, but I’d bet my last Gil he’s hiding it somewhere till he can take care of you.

Hiding it?” I asked confused.

Aye you damn drivelswigger! Ifn’ he gets caught by you he’s gonna need a way to get out and what better to barter with then the Half Moon.” Red whispered.

And then it dawned on me what the old Pirate was getting at. Jack knew I would never stop hunting him. I was going to see him to Davey Jones personally and about the only way I would falter for a second would be to discover the where about’s of my ship.

Thank you Red, I think it’s about time I tend to my friend and Judge.” I said winking at the fat man.

Oh I wouldn’t fret about your friend; he can look after his own mizzen mast in a storm.

I don’t know how Red knew John was all right. I gave him one last nod and smile before running from behind the curtain and into the back room. When I made it over to the shaman’s side I had to smile. Old Judge was laid out like a drunken bilge rat and if I could have I would have out a third bullet into him.

But I did not…bullets are expensive these days you know.

Back to top Go down
John Greywolf

John Greywolf

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:02 pm

The Shaman walked behind Keiko, or more like hustled, as she made a straight line for the door. He looked back once to make sure the men loyal to Judge the Pirate Captain wasn’t following are thinking about following. He was glad to see they were huddled around the prone form of their leader who at the moment was feeling the effect of John’s Devour spell. The Shaman turned back and headed out the door of the back room and into the shadows and fresh air of the docks. The pair moved quietly along till they reached a safe distance from the building, the back room, and prying eyes.

When they finally did stop to take a quick rest John waited until his ears heard no sound and the area seemed safe before speaking. “Did you learn anything from your friend behind the red drapes?

Keiko took a look around, the tenth time she did it, making sure they were alone. She told John all that Red had said, or at least what she wanted him to know. John wasn’t sure how much the Pirate had learned from her acquaintance behind the curtains but what she did say was enough. Jack was here on the Fisherman’s Horizon which was confirmation to the Shaman that the man he saw down by the docks earlier had to be the one called Calico. Also he did not have the Half Moon, Keiko’s Air Ship. Jack had hidden it somewhere and was probably going to use it to barter his way out of his nemesis’s clutches if the situation ever called for it. She stopped after that and John caught the fact Keiko didn’t mention the next step, if there was one. It was possible Keiko had reached a stopping point in her desire to get her ship back, but the Shaman was sure that wasn’t the case.

The Pirate wasn’t the type of personality to stop once she started something he thought and John could easily empathize with her loss of the ship. He couldn’t imagine never feeling the wind blowing across his face as he stood on the main deck of the Siang Tien Tang. When he found the ship after talking to Zheng in the Upper World it wasn’t the prettiest ship. It was missing deck boards, holes in the hull, and enough dirt coated every inch of everything. Yet he didn’t care because once John saw it he knew it would be ass graceful as a deer running across an open field. The feeling of devotion which linked him to his Air Ship, and his mount Cetan Nigan and his pets Ishta and Ohitika, was one you never could stop or walk away from. So the only question for Kieko, and John, was what the next steps were.

So where do we go from here Keiko?” John asked knowing the Pirate had an idea. When she looked away for a second to gather a thought the Shaman stood quietly and patiently waiting for an answer while listening to the sounds of the night around them.
Back to top Go down
lady_keiko

lady_keiko

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 8:14 am

I knew I had run into an impasse, a true block in the road to finding my precious Half Moon. Red’s news was not good and no amount of spinning or wishing was going to make it any better at the moment. Jack had played the game well after seeing me marooned on that beach. He had played it better that I could have anticipated or deducted. Shortly after taking the Half Moon from me he had sent the crew ashore and then taken the Half Moon somewhere to hide it. Now it seems Calico was the only one who knew where my ship was and it seems he’s keeping it as a bargaining chip when I catch up to him. He obviously thinks I will spare him his life in exchange for learning the position of the Half Moon.

He’s so very wrong.

I have no intentions of letting Calico Jack live. I would rather watch the Half Moon burn then let that man see the end of his days at old age and I was not really stuck by this sudden change of the tide. Even though Red could not give me Jack’s precise where about’s I had an idea of where he would be going next. Fisherman’s Horizon was safe this morning but now it was tainted, like having the black spot. It was a curse to stay any longer so Jack was gone by now, catching a ride on the first ship moving out but to where? There were spots all over on every world where to hide a ship the size of the Half Moon. Jack had the advantage of having his pick of spots, yet I had the advantage of Jack being as dumb as a pile of rocks. He would choose a place that allowed him easy access to come and go as he pleased to hide my ship and not one that was safe. He’d pick the sun over a cave, a nice outdoor breeze over a fan. Any place underground or with roof over his head was out. That still left a lot of places, but it also lowered the number to an acceptable level.

I heard John ask where we going next and the word caught me off guard, ‘we’, as in the two of us. He was truly going to see this through. So I turned to him. “Jack’s keeping one step ahead of me, but he’s running out of places to hide.

John nodded while I carried on explaining my next move. “I figure he’s on ship right now trying to put as much distance between this wharf and me as he can. I have a no idea of where to look for him, and frankly I’m tired of trying to find him. So I say let’s have Calico Jack come to us, dangle a piece of cheese in front of him too big to pass up.

The look John shot me gave me some hope; it was like he was all ready getting the hang of my thinking.

How fast can your ship get here?
Back to top Go down
John Greywolf

John Greywolf

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 11:58 am

The Siang Tien Tang made it to the docks in a relative short time. While they waited John didn’t speak to Keiko, not a word passed between them. The quiet gave him time to think about what she had said, about dangling a big enough piece of cheese in front Calico Jack to have him come after her. He wasn’t sure what she had planned but the Shaman was sure he didn’t like the idea of her playing the bait in a bear trap. Any smart person would weigh the risk of trying such a move but it seemed Keiko had made the decision without looking at the potential danger, like nothing would happen to her because she was who she was, a daring Sky Pirate. She ignored every close call like it was some game, every misstep made her giggle instead of contemplate.

The more John thought about it the more frustrated he got with the situation and with Keiko. He wasn’t to the point of walking away from her because no matter how much she thought she could handle what was coming alone he knew she couldn’t. The Shaman didn’t need to see the future to see where this road would lead her.

He was still thinking about the whole predicament when the Siang Tien Tang came into view out of the night. With the magic of his hat he saw it coming in long before it appeared out of the dark. Wahkan barely had the rope ladder down before John was helping Keiko climb it. Still he didn’t speak choosing to wait until he had meditated and allowed his soul to journey and converse with his mentor. As he started up the rope ladder after Keiko Zheng Hui took control of the Siang Tien Tang taking her skyward again as silent as a butterfly. No one on the docks noticed the large Junk, and they never would have. With one quiet turn the Air Ship left the realm of Fisherman’s Horizon.

The quiet on the docks continued on as John walked over to Zheng past Keiko. He looked at the captain of the Air Ship with a blank look. “Go where she says Zheng, the Siang Tien Tang is under her control for the time being.

Then with a quick step before any could ask, and really the only one who would have asked was Keiko, what was wrong the Shaman disappeared to his room. Wahkan took to pulling up the ladder as Zheng turned toward the Sky Pirate.

Where are we going Madame?” It took a second for Keiko to answer, maybe it was because she was speaking to a ghost.

Down below John had all ready closed off the door to his room and taken off his hat, jacket, and moccasins. The woody smell of White Sage mixed with Mugwort filled the air as he burnt the herbs in several braziers around the room. He sat on his feet with his spine straight on a blanket surrounded on the four points of the medicine wheel with crystals in special wooden bowls. He took a deep breath and then another and then one more before letting his Spirit slip away from this world.
Back to top Go down
lady_keiko

lady_keiko

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 3:43 pm

I need to travel to Alexandria Harbor on the Mist Continent.” I replied to the man standing by the large rudder of the Junk. I was at a lost for a minute before answering. My instincts told me there was no one there, no real form, yet my eyes and ears kept saying the man was very polite and quite nice. I remembered John saying once the once who flew the Siang Tien Tang was a ghost but really, dies anyone believe him? I did after this meeting

We should be there in two days Madame.” He replied before taking control of the Air Ship. I was curious as to just how the ghost was steering the ship or propelling it when I noticed John had gone missing.

I looked around on the deck and did not see him, neither hair nor hat of the man. I guess that is when I came to the realization I may have upset the shaman with my actions. What exactly I had done I was not sure of, but I had been through enough frustrated men to know when my welcome was worn. Usually I just walk away. I would rather fly the skies free then be tied to someone. I live my life my way and I answer to no one. After asking the ghost where I could bed down for the night and being directed down stairs to an empty room I left the main deck ready to stand my ground. If John wanted to cut ropes and run then it was fine by me.

I found the room and quickly decided to just be done with the shaman and his help. I would spend the night and be done with him when we reached Alexandria Harbor. Yet, like I had no control over it, my emotions turned on me. As I took off my clothes every ounce of resiliency I had built my stand on wavered, when my pants were lying on the floor and I saw the scare on my side from Scruffy Bill’s knife it all fell apart. John had come to help when I had not even asked him. Somehow he had known I was in trouble and without any expectation of payment he had come to my side. If he had not I might not be standing here right now. I stood there running my fingers over the small blemish to the smooth skin of my hip while my mind remembered the warm touch of his hand.

I was not sure when I decided to go to him and try to explain my side in all this, my way of life you might say. I just know I walked from my room to his door still dressed in nothing but my long white blouse feeling the need to talk. I smelled the string incense coming from his room and my head swam just a bit and I felt a small wave of warmth roll through my body. I was about to knock when the door swung open with a swoosh and there John was dressed in his pants staring down at me.
Back to top Go down
John Greywolf

John Greywolf

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:41 pm

The audible world around John disappeared as he felt his Spirit float free from his body and the bonds of the Middle World. He wasn’t travelling to the One Tree this time. He wasn’t going to greet and speak with his Totem Animals, his guides in the Upper World. The Shaman was Journeying to another place, a special one only he could reach. The smell of the Mugwort and White Sage slowly faded but never left as a new scent took over, a scent of lilac that drifted by on the small breeze that suddenly touched John’s face and arms. The hard wood floor beneath his legs slowly turned to sand and a feeling of warmth from a fire spread across his hands.

John knew he was home now, his true home. When he opened his eyes he saw her sitting there across from him next to the camp fire she always burned. She was sitting with her blanket wrapped around her shoulders, her long white braided and hanging out. Her face was wrinkled from too many hours in the sun, and it was still as lovely as ever. He smiled as she spoke in a strong heavy voice. Good to see my son,

It is good to see you again mother.

Why do you come to visit with a heavy heart John? She asked.

I am frustrated Mother. I have a friend and though I try to help her see the path she walks will only lead to ruin she keeps on it.

She sounds nice. Maybe the bull is her Totem, eh?

John smiled at the joke as his mother continued on. “She is nice Mother, which is why it angers me when she does what she does.

She is as wild as the Mustang is she? She is as hard as the turtle shell, eh?

Yes,” John whispered, “what do I do to help her Mother?

You are doing all that is asked of you son, there is nothing else you can do.

I feel like there is more I can do to help her but I don’t know how.

John, She said shaking her head and smiling, you are so wise but there are times when the heart clouds the eyes. Shamans, you and I, can only guide. We cannot walk the paths others walk and live for them, it is not allowed.

I know Mother, but I still feel anger and I know that is wrong to.

Yes, it is, but where others let the anger act for them you must not let that happen my son. You saved Wahkan only after he learned of this. You can only save her the same way.

The Shaman knew his teacher was right, felt his heart lighten at her words like it always had when she counseled him. She knew what to say and how to say it so John would learn and accept the lesson. It had always been this way and he felt it always would be.

Go now my son, she waits at the door for you.

Thank you Mother,” John whispered closing his eyes then opening them. It was just a blink, no quicker than a second, and yet he was back in his room sitting by the braziers on his blanket.

He rose and walked bare foot to the door opening it without hesitating. There standing in the hall was Keiko, who gave a small start as he suddenly popped in.
Back to top Go down
lady_keiko

lady_keiko

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:06 am

The sudden opening of the door to John’s room startled me for a second. I had not expected such a welcome though after the way the shaman had acted earlier I should have. I gathered myself and looked back into his steel grey eyes defiantly if not a little weak kneed. I have to admit the man was damn good looking without a shirt.

I wish to talk about earlier.” I demanded.

John just gave a single small nod and stepped out of the doorway to allow me entry. I nodded back in a silent thank you before heading into the shaman’s room. As soon as I passed through the Portal my head swam again from the incense. I stopped in the center of the room to regain my balance while looking around at all that is John Greywolf. There was a bed in the northwest corner, but not a regular one. There was no frame or headboard or such. It was as if someone had taken three our fours mattresses and stacked them one on top of the other top form a bed. Bright colored blankets and pillows adorned the top while all around it hung from the wall were more colorful blankets. On the same wall in the southwest corner was a stack of, well, staves. Some were old gnarled pieces of wood, the kind you would find in a wood pile, while others had been shaped b y craftsmen.

I looked across to the southeast corner and found two large bookcases built right from the wall. All the shelves jars and boxes of only what I could assume were the ‘ingredients’ of what John needed to ply his Natural magic. I imagined there were all sorts of crystals, incense and herbs, and the rare powder created by mixing all of the above. The strange thing I noted were the slats used to hold all the contents of the shelves in place in case the ship turned severely. Each slat ran across each shelf and I assumed you could remove it to retrieve what you needed. I looked away from the shelves along the wall noting there were skeletal heads of a Buffalo, a Horse, and what I think might have several birds. It looked religious, maybe having to do with his Shamanism I thought. My eyes finally came to rest in the northeast corner on what looked like a large steamer chest. Around it were more blankets and on top of the chest were John’s jacket and short while his hat hung from a peg on the wall.

I never thought it strange to see John’s room as sparse as it was. He never struck me as the kind who would have furniture or the trappings of money just piled up. And in a funny way it made him that more desirable in my eyes, to know he chose a limited lifestyle meant he carried little baggage and to me that was like a glowing yellow sign for take a chance.

What do you wish to discuss Keiko? ” I heard from behind.

The question shook me from my trance as I looked down and noted I had stepped onto a blanket in the center of the floor. It took a second before I realized I had trampled onto John’s meditation circle and I hopped off as quickly as I could.

I want to clear the air between us, let each know where the other stands.

John nodded and walked over.
Back to top Go down
John Greywolf

John Greywolf

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 4:32 pm

John walked up noting the body language and way Keiko was talking. She was acting, trying not to show him she was bothered. The Shaman was sure it had to do with his own frustration from before. Keiko wasn’t sure how to handle him when he was brooding though if given a few minutes she could probably figure out a way to. John smiled and spoke evenly, calmly.

To see where each of us stands?

Keiko nodded silently so the Shaman kept speaking feeling he had the floor. “I have heard this before Keiko, from a woman much like you. She was a fiery character who lived each minute of each day and thought nothing of tomorrow. To her there was little that hurt her out there in the world, nothing she wasn’t able to handle.”

The Pirate swallowed and looked up in John’s eyes. “Who was she?

She was the Matron of the Sisterhood, a Paladin of the Eternal Light, though I knew her before the title was placed on her shoulders and the burden of the holy sword was placed in her hands. That person is the one who reminds me of you, that brashness and feeling of invincibility.

The confused look on Keiko’s face told John he need to explain a little more on Roxanne and their short meeting. “The Paladins of the Eternal Light is a Sisterhood of warriors devoted to destroying evil and its presence in the worlds of the Multiplex. Roxanne was the daughter of Syill, her mother and former excellence, and as such she took up her mother’s sword and shield once she was called.

She was a dignitary?

More than that,” the Shaman smiled sitting on the edge of his bed, “Roxanne was a queen but a warrior first. She died five years ago fighting a pitched battle with an enemy. She faced dire odds but never once wavered from what I have been told.

Keiko didn’t say anything, just stared at John. “And that is where I stand Keiko.

She died fighting for what she believed in John. How can that be wrong?

There is nothing wrong when fighting for what one feels is right, it is the most noble of causes. The reason Roxanne was able to live long enough though to die fighting for her beliefs is what I stand for. To stand fast and foresee an outcome of one’s actions will prolong a life.

You advocate waiting over action?” Keiko asked.

I have been in fights that require immediate action, not a second to wait to stop your hand that holds the weapon. How I ended up in those fights is where my patience came to the front. If you live each and every day as if it’s your last then that is what will happen Keiko. To be wary, use caution, can help keep you out of trouble’s long sight.

What John said seemed to have an effect on Keiko. She stared at him for a second before replying to what the Shaman had said.

Back to top Go down
lady_keiko

lady_keiko

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 2:04 pm

I understand your concern John with my safety, but please do not take my calm attitude toward fighting as a gauge of my will to win. I too have been in fights that have required the commitment to kill for if I was not ready to then I would be mostly certainly done in.” I explained walking over to the shaman slowly.

His speech about Roxanne had reached me, touched me when few things like this do not. I admit I have a cold streak in me that could match the mean one beside it, but it does not mean I am not without compassion…and the need to feel love. As I closed on John I could feel the heat in my own body build with each step.

I am not a shrinking flower John and I know you understand this about me. I fled my home and lived on the streets because I wanted freedom over protection. I chose this life as a Pirate over that of a social circle because I live every moment as if it is my last John and that is the way I want it. I have no qualms or delusions about this way of life.

I did not stop walking forward until I was pressed up against his firm body. I could feel my breast rub against the muscles of John’s abdomen through my blouse and the heat in my body spiked, like blowing on an open flame. I could feel his steady heart beat and I could feel his skin which was slick with sweat. I looked up into his steel grey eyes and never wavered from them or their gaze. I know the image will stay with me all my life, the feeling of him against me and the thrill it gave me. It was why I also had to take the steps I was about to take. It was the feeling of such deep desire that I had to walk away from. It was not how I lived and it was not in John’s heart. I could tell from the story about Roxanne that she still held a place in the shaman’s soul and I am not one for sharing.

If you were to ask me to stay the night with you John I would not hesitate to be yours. I would not hold back from your touch and I sense the same from you. This is why I cannot come to you John; to want one so much can only lead to a cage for one’s heart. I will not be caged, not by my own want. I live my life my way John, and one day we will find ourselves in bed together, but on terms better than now.

John only nodded, and with that I left his room. I was too overcome to return to my room. My skin felt as if it would burn off my body at any moment so I went topside to the main deck. My feel padded silently across the wooden deck as I looked skyward to see all the beautiful stars. The cold wind blew over my body, through my blouse, and gently tossed my long black hair.

I was at peace looking at the stars and feeling free.

Back to top Go down
John Greywolf

John Greywolf

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 4:09 pm

John watched Keiko leave and for the first time since he had told her about Roxanne he breathed. His room felt confining, too small, like a cage. Yet he didn’t seek the cool winds of the main deck like he usually did when he felt like this. No, the Shaman chose instead to sit on the edge of the bed again and rest his weary mind. At least he didn’t need to worry about the tension between him and Keiko, it had been handled by the Prate. And he had had made his point about being more careful, even though she had ignored almost all of it, the Pirate had taken some in. She learned she had one more friend in this world and she also understood some caution was going to be needed to get her ship back…hopefully she understood.

The Shaman took eight deep breaths focusing on pushing out the negative dark energy and taking in the positive light. When he was done he went back to his blanket and sat in the center. He breathed in the Mugwort and Sage letting the incense cleanse his soul as he closed his eyes and began to Journey. He envisioned his spirit leaving his body and unlike last time where he went to visit with Mother. This time he drifted up through the overhead of his room, through the main deck where he saw Keiko standing in the cool breeze calming herself, and upward into the night sky. The far away stars began to swirl as he approached and then passed them, the light from the orbs growing brighter and brighter with each one he passed until finally he could no longer see the dark of the night. He was blind from all the light when with a blink it was gone and John was standing on the grass plains of the Upper World. He looked to his right and the One Tree sat as usual on its hill overlooking all. He looked to his left and sitting in the grass as if calmly waiting was Wahna, his Wolf Totem.

Welcome brother,

Greetings to you brother, where is Ursu?

He is here if you need him, but I feel you have come for another.

Yes, I am here to see another spirit. He should be here soon.” John offered.

Time has no hold on the Upper World. There is no second or minute or hour. There is no day or night, only the calm blue sky above and the massive One Tree where all begins. John wasn’t sure how long he waited just that one moment he was with his Wahna and the next there was a ghostly figure of a man standing next to him. He was dressed like Keiko, boots and loose fitting shirt with a large sash running from his left shoulder to right hip. A pencil thin moustache ran over his lips ten down to a small goatee that rested on a small chin.

Hello Silva, it is good to see you again.

It is good to see you mi amigo, the ghost replied with a slight bow, is Keiko safe?

Yes, I found her like you told me, in need of help.

The ghost smiled then spoke. She is a handful Senor, please do not let the way she acts sway your judgment of her.

I will not Silva. I give you my word, but it might help to know where the Half Moon is. She asked a friend, one Red, and he said Jack has hidden the ship.

I would tell you where the Half Moon is Senor if I could, but I cannot see where the ship is. Jack must have hidden it very well.

Yes, he must have. Thank you Silva, go now and rest.” John nodded with a forced smile.

Silva bowed again and with a shimmer he was gone from the plains. John stood watching the spirit leave and when it was gone Wahna spoke from behind. You know what this means brother,

Yes, yes I do brother,” John answered with his head down concealing his frown.
Back to top Go down
lady_keiko

lady_keiko

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 6:10 am

I have never been much of a morning person, and I know that shocks all of you to the core. Yet this morning I was more than ready to greet the large ball of fire that shows us the day. I dressed with a slight tune in my heart and then made my way to the main deck still with the tune playing in my head. I saw Wahkan had all ready made his way topside but John was nowhere to be found yet. I thought about our exchange the night before and I wondered if maybe my choice had been taken wrong. It was not the wrong one and I still stood by it as I looked around the deck while my mind ran down all the possible ways it could have hurt the shaman.

Then John stepped out on the deck and I felt a little better from the look in his eyes. The steel grey was still kind, no harshness toward me when we locked them. I smiled and waved as he did in return. I stood by the rail for a few minutes as he talked with Zheng before turning and approaching.

Morning John,” I stated with a smile.

Morning Keiko, did you sleep well?” He asked back with true concern. Last night must not have been that harsh for him, and that knowledge left me a little disappointed for the obvious reason.

I slept fine; the bed’s are soft yet firm enough.” I quipped pushing away the letdown and not letting it show.

Good, we have some food below when you are ready to eat.” He finished before walking off.

The whole conversation left me just a little perplexed. I walked away and sat by one of the ballistae and tried to think about what I was feeling. I never before felt like this where I was lost in my emotions over another person. If you have not discovered yet I can be quite selfish and self absorbed, and I have had no problem with this before. Yet here I sit wondering why I felt…sad. I was expecting John to act like he had been hurt by my decision to leave and look at me now. Well, I for one am not into self pity and I decided to move on.

I kept to myself as the Sian Tien Tang made its journey to the Alexandria Harbor on the Mist Continent. I was cordial to John and to Wahkan, or at least as cordial as the large man would let me be. Soon we arrived at the Mist Continent, the tell-tale thick blanket of white fog covering the land. We saw other Air Ships moving in the mist, using it as a power source amazingly, as we drifted down deeper into it. The light from the sun above grew dimmer and dimmer as the Air Ship went lower until finally we had to light lanterns to see. It was slow going, but finally we arrived at the Harbor and took a berth at the end of a long quay wall. I looked to John and smiled, “Now we find my ship!
Back to top Go down
John Greywolf

John Greywolf

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 9:02 pm

The two day trip to Alexandria Harbor on the Mist Continent was a nice respite for John. He used the time to go over in his head the words the ghost Silva had said to him on their last meeting in the Upper World. The fact the spirit could not see the Half Moon was not a good omen. When those who cross over can no longer see what they seek in the Middle World then there is only one reason for such blindness. Now there was just deciding if he should tell Keiko.

Would it stop her from searching? No John thought, the Half Moon was as important to her as the Siang Tien Tang was to him. He still remembered meeting Zheng in the Upper World, the talks the two would have about the long forgotten Junk. When the call to find it was felt by John he asked politely to seek its location from Zheng. The ghost could have said no, it didn’t want the Siang Tien Tang found. It could have said no one could stand by its rudder and fly it through the skies but Zheng Hui its creator. There might have been other reasons to say no, but the ghost could tell from the look in the young shaman’s eyes that he would not be swayed. With a little reluctance the master alchemist told John the secret location of Siang Tien Tang, the idea of the Junk soaring high among the clouds once more a solace.

Then John had offered to take the ghost on board as the ship’s navigator. Of course this meant leaving the Upper World and being forever trapped as a specter on the Siang Tien Tang. This time it was the Shaman who saw the look from the spirit, the way it smiled. There was no swaying Zheng, no ‘second guessing’. There was no choice as the chance to fly again trumped a life in paradise.

So, he knew where Keiko’s heart and mind were, it was the same place as his was when it came to a certain Air Ship. Yet it didn’t make saying the truth any easier. John kept what he knew locked away then, hoping a time would come to tell Keiko the truth. He did not speak on the trip to the Mist Continent except to inquire about her mood and her room and to make general conversation, but as soon as the veil of white clouds became visible on the horizon though the mood changed. When the Siang Tien Tang crossed into them John kept a vigilant eye out for other Air Ships. He forgot about the sky pirate until she popped into view through the fog on deck. She was keeping an eye out as well because the closer to the harbor they drew the thicker the white mist became, to the point of blocking out the light. Wahkan light lanterns to help out as the ship moved slowly through the soup, and then John saw the harbor. He smiled and gave Zheng a general direction to the berth and helped Wahkan tie off before looking to Keiko.

Now, we find my ship!

There was that look, like no could sway her from finding her ship.
Back to top Go down
lady_keiko

lady_keiko

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 1:18 pm

The great harbor of Alexandria, it would be a sight to behold if not for the thick mist. It had been a while since I walked its street, aimlessly wandering among the shops and the buildings, and today was no time to enjoy myself I’m afraid. No, I was in search of a human this time, a woman who could help me find the Half Moon wherever Jack had hidden it. I know, I know. John could take a look-see into the ‘Hidden’ world and perceive where my ship has a great chance of being. Yes, the shaman is a man of outstanding ability and quality, but what I sensed I need now was a little ‘under-the-covers’ information which had nothing to do with sight or seeing into other worlds.

No, I needed Maggie, and it did not take me long to find her.

She was still working as the hand maid of a rich little old lady in the upper section of the Harbor’s outlying homes. She was still hiding out more like it. I had sailed with Maggie for a spell once not so long ago and she was no wilting flower. She was tall with blond hair, built as well as myself, and could handle a pistol with any man she came across. She once fought a band of uncivil constabulary trying to board the ship she was Pirating on at the time. She held them all off on her own, not a one put a living foot on the deck, and all while the crew was laid out drunk all around her.

Old Maggie was my kind of Pirate.

We reached the estate, a large house with a long drive, and made our way to the door, and after rapping the large knocker once the oversized door swung in replaced by a man dressed in a butler’s outfit. Before he could look down his nose at us for too long I spoke up. “We are here to see Lizbeth, the hand maiden.

The butler huffed then turned and left closing the door in my face. I did not look back to John. I could feel his eyes on me and I knew he had that look o his face, the one that said I was going about this all wrong. No, I was not going to give the shaman the satisfaction of thinking I did not know what I was doing. I had this all undercon-

The door swung open with a fast jerk and was closed just the same as a flurry of dress and hair appeared on the porch with us. She did not give me a chance to say a simple word of hello, only grabbed my arm and lead me down the steps and away from the door. Every step we took she looked over her shoulder heading for the drive again. As soon as I felt the need to be dragged away over with I stopped cold and yanked my arm out of Maggie’s grasp.

What the hell are ye doin?” She spat. “Are ye trying to get me thrown out on me ear?

No, I need your he-“ I started before she cut me off.

He ain’t here,” Maggie said rolling her ‘R’s like a cat purring, “and neither is ye ship.

How did-

I know Keiko, about the Half Moon and the mutiny and all. I knew ye’d be blowin’ in with the wind sooner than later. I can tell ye Jack came into town and stayed for a day or two but then he caught the next berth on the next ship out of the Harbor.” Maggie explained shaking her head.
I stepped close reeling from the words. I knew, just knew, Maggie had talked with Jack. I did not want to hear it otherwise. “I know you met with him Maggie. Jack would never come into town and not show up on your door.

Aye I know, but I made sure the word went round the right people that Jack’s not welcomed here no more this time, and that means me bed too. I never saw him Keiko, but Paddy did.” Maggie proffered.

Paddy you say,” I replied raising an eyebrow. I felt a sudden change in the breeze.

Aye, he was the only one Jack saw when he moored. Ye want to ye ship, talk to Paddy.” Maggie said one last time then turned and walked back to the house.

And that was that, no more information from Maggie. She had given me what she knew as a courtesy and then left.

Back to top Go down
John Greywolf

John Greywolf

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 8:57 am

The hand maiden seemed a tad more than your usual hand maiden to John. Maybe it was her unusual hard tone compared to the soft spoke words of a hand maiden. Maybe it was the fact she looked like she was ready to throw a punch at Keiko that tipped John off. Nope, in the end it was the fact Maggie knew Jack and Keiko from days gone by on ships flying the black flag of Pirates that clued the Shaman into the fact Lizbeth was more than a hand maiden. In truth, the second Keiko asked for her John knew the woman was hiding from her past. The guise of a hand maiden though…might be stretching it a little.

When Maggie said the name Paddy it was like another link in a long chain clicked closed. Keiko watched the woman walk away while John thought about Silva the ghost. He wasn’t thinking about Paddy, but wondering what drives a man to betray a friend. It was obvious from the way Silva presented himself to John he was no evil man in his previous life. Being in the Upper world the spirit should have moved on, yet he stayed behind for Keiko. He stayed behind because in the life the spirit once walked in the Middle World he had loved his Captain, more than anything else in that life. And it was that love that made Silva call to John across the vast collective and ask for the Shaman’s help to intervene for his former Captain.

So why did Silva join the others in casting out his friend?

The oldest of all reasons, self preservation.

John had talked with many spirits in his Journeys, more than all the physical beings he had traded words with that walked all the worlds his moccasins had touched. He had come across evil souls, vile spirits who were condemned to one of the countless Lower Worlds to settle the mystical scales for their misdeeds and transgressions. He had come across the pure ones, shockingly white and bright enough to be a star in the night sky. Most though were just faded grey, ones who walked a path that swayed between right and wrong just enough to let them live what they considered a life. Silva had done nothing but the same, veered from right to wrong or good to bad when he thought it best and wise. In the end he did only that which would allow him to walk farther down his path.

And now Keiko had another name, another link in the chain. She had obtained it without compromise but that didn’t mean she would keep to that thinking. John knew Keiko would cross the line if necessary to get the Half Moon back, maybe even commit a malicious transgression. And then what would happen to her soul? What debt would she have to pay to even the scales? Would he see her like he sees Roxanne form time to time and lament all the possible outcomes that could have been if he had stepped in more.

All questions for another time.
Back to top Go down
lady_keiko

lady_keiko

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 7:04 am

Paddy,

He has no last name that I know of, just the first and due to his reputation that is all you really need to know. He stands just a little taller than me with long stringy blond hair tucked under a worn hat and clothes that would need a good washing to be called dirty. He is a pilferer, an obtainer of those things you could not legally or morally attain on your own by reasonable means. For a price old Paddy would steal the silk panties off his mother while she slept then hand them over with a smile, and as disgusting as that sounds his ability does come in handy every once in a while.

To find Paddy, well that is the trick. He moves around a lot due to his business dealings and the fact most of the constabulary in the Ports he visits soon turn an eye to him for the rise in thefts. I made my way back to the Port with John on tow all ready sure where I would find him. Paddy has two loves above all else, stealing anything that is not tied down and cheap drink. I knew he’d be at the blue Dolphin; it was the best place in Port to buy cheap grog and find an even cheaper companion for the night. I was not surprised when we entered the dive through a swinging door missing its twin. He was standing at the bar next to a trollop whose dress was open enough to know she hadn’t cleaned up from her last customer.

I could have handled the meeting better now that I think of it. I could have used a better approach. As John likes to say I should have dealt with my anger before I tried to parley with Paddy. I was ecstatic to be in Alexandria, had been blissful since I stepped off the shaman’s ship. I had been blissful all afternoon, even happy after meeting with a sullen Maggie. Yet when I walked into the Dolphin and saw that dog standing there drinking and carousing like it was just another day I felt my blood boil. My vision hazed over red as I marched across the bar right up to his side. It was truly awful that he did not see me until it was too late, a terrible disadvantage for the man.

Hello Paddy,” I hissed as the girl next to him yelped and stepped back.

I watched the color drain from Paddy’s face as he turned slightly toward me. “Will I’ll be hauled from the mizzen mast, Keiko.

We need to talk Paddy. ” I demanded hoping he would not make a move for the pistol tucked into the sash at his waist. He did though, obviously aware that I was not here for niceties.

Before he could pull the one shot shooter I had Mayhem tucked under his chin with the hammer drawn back. The girl let out a scream and everyone in the bar turned their eyes toward us. Someone must have moved for a weapon because I heard John hit them. I did not care who watched at the moment as I forced Paddy back against the bar. “Oh Paddy, I can read you like a book. I knew you would reach for that old flintlock, just knew it.

All right Keiko, all right. We can talk. I know what you’re here for.

Do you now, what do I want to talk about Paddy?

Jack, he took the Half Moon and left you stranded to die. ” Paddy said quivering with fear.

And where is Jack Paddy? I heard he pulled into Port and came right to you. ” I smiled pushing Mayhem just a bit farther into his chin.

He did Keiko, wanted to know about that cove we used to hide in when we smuggled.

And what did you tell him?

It’s still a good place to stash things, maybe even better now no one uses it. ” Paddy said with a hard swallow.

I held Mayhem in place for a few more seconds letting old Paddy sweat a bit more before moving my pistol out from under his chin. I kept Mayhem out as I turned and walked out the Dolphin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) Empty

Back to top Go down

So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FinalFantasyWorlds :: Final Fantasy VIII :: World Information and RP locations :: Advanced RP-
Jump to: