FinalFantasyWorlds
Welcome to Final Fantasy Worlds. Please log in or register. Thank You
FinalFantasyWorlds
Welcome to Final Fantasy Worlds. Please log in or register. Thank You
FinalFantasyWorlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» OMFG GUESS WHAT.......
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 6:49 pm by Shade

» A Long Shift
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 3:06 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Mirage Hearts
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 5:26 pm by Game Master

» Micro RPs
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 5:21 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Micro Rp Thread Rules
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 4:23 pm by Zack Fair

» An Angel's return...
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 8:27 am by Tifa Lockhart

» my absence
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 8:43 pm by Shade

» Chillin' with a smoke.....
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 3:29 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Beginnings...
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 9:28 pm by Shade

» Removing old Character threads for Weapons, Armor, and such...
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 3:13 am by Tifa Lockhart

» Friendly check up.
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 12:47 pm by Sephy

» I'm leaving
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 2:15 pm by Shade

» Because he's Tifa's favorite...
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 4:17 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Guest Posting
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 11:38 am by Tifa Lockhart

» Sidequest: Territorial Dispute
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 4:50 pm by Zack Fair

» New people, Old places (Open)
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 3:52 pm by Zack Fair

» A Party to Remember ... or Not ((Open)
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 3:57 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» The Cloud Forest (Tifa)
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 4:32 pm by Zack Fair

» Yes, yes, I'm late.
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 3:26 pm by Jonathan DeLauren

» Guess Who's Back.....No not Eminem -_-
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 3:43 pm by Tora Kline

Micro RPs
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 5:21 pm by Tifa Lockhart
We got a new thing! Micro Rps are designed to be short, quick fire things. The rules and points are different in these, so be sure to read up on them before jumping in. Rules are important. Rules can be found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Think of it like Twitter, but less full of GamerGaters, misogyny and racism. At least it better be, banning people is such a hassle.

Go see. Explore. Find stuff. Join in. Peace and love

Tiffs

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
Top posting users this week
No user

So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
John Greywolf

John Greywolf

Number of posts : 373
Registration date : 2011-05-24

Character sheet
Max MP:
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue30/30So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
Character Tweaks:

So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 10:09 pm

When the man behind Keiko started to move for his pistol hidden in his sash John saw the subtle twinge and reacted with a snap. With a sideways step the Shaman slammed his elbow into the man’s head, the contact sounding like melon being popped by a hammer, while grabbing the hand on the gun. The man folded at his knees and probably would have done significant damage to his face if not for John hanging onto his limp body enough to keep that from happening. Still, as he let the man down slow the unconscious body pooled on the floor out cold from the blow.

No one else moved in the bar. No one had an abrupt desire to either be shot or knocked senseless so everybody just stayed put while Keiko interrogated Paddy. When she was done she kept her pistol out as an obvious warning for all to stay back. As she left through the swinging doors John followed keeping his ears sharp listening for any sound of someone following.

No one did.

The pair made their way through the streets returning to the Sian Tien Tang. John was thinking about what Paddy had said, that Jack had inquired about a cove he used with Keiko to smuggle goods past the many law enforcement agencies. He didn’t care about the fact the Pirate broke the law. It didn’t surprise him in the least. What the Shaman was thinking about was what the ghost had told him back in the Upper World. He could not find the Half Moon in the Middle world, no trace of the ship anywhere. This was unusual because the spirits in the Upper World can see everything, hidden and obvious, in the Middle World. They could see into the future sometimes if they tried. There was nothing a spirit could not see past or present…unless it was no longer in the Middle World.

If a person dies in Midgar then they depart the realm of what we all know as Midgar and cross over. The spirits in the Lower and Upper Worlds see this, know it. If an animal or a plant or any living thing dies the same happens. The spirits can even help find objects if you ask them. Yet, if that object is no longer in one piece, if it has been destroyed in some way, then the spirits cannot see it. They can no longer find it or follow it.

So, that’s why when Silva mentioned he could no longer see the Half Moon John had gone on the knowledge the Air Ship had been destroyed. That it was a wreck at the bottom of the sea. Now though he was starting to think that maybe this cove had some kind of protection granted to it to hide the ship. Maybe the Half Moon wasn’t destroyed? Maybe he wouldn’t have to tell Keiko her ship was lost?

Then a voice popped into his head. It told him he was holding information back from her, information that could seriously hurt her if she wasn’t prepared. She had earned the right to know, deserved to know what he did.

It was a dilemma and one John hated to be in.
Back to top Go down
lady_keiko

lady_keiko

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-08-12

Character sheet
Max MP:
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue600/1000So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (600/1000)
Character Tweaks:

So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:43 pm

The Cove…a place I have been to so many times I have lost count.

It was found by my first Captain. He used it when evading the many pursuers we would have after completing some act of robbery. We could rest somewhat easy sitting in its waters taking refuge from those who would see us swing at the end rope. The bay was large, maybe 25 or more leagues across with high mountains covered with trees all around forming large protective walls. There was only one way in to the circle shaped bay, through a break in reef at high tide. It was the perfect home, not a sign of it on any map we had ever come across. The Captain swore us to secrecy to never divulge its whereabouts.

The secret lasted about six months.

It became a hideout for most, a spot to store smuggled goods if need be for others. To Jack, it was the best place to hide my ship. No one would go looking for the Half Moon there he assumed. Too bad Paddy had no loyalty to anyone but his own skin. I told John about the place and waited to see his reaction. He only nodded and spoke with his usual calmness.

Can you provide Zheng with directions to this ‘Cove’?

I nodded once. “I could find it in my sleep.

Hopefully that won’t be necessary.” The shaman joked.

I liked it when John joked; it told me he was more than a teacher and a wise man. It gave me hope that maybe one day we could more than allies. We made it back to the Junk as quickly as we could and before my foot was on the deck I was talking with the ghost. I gave him a quick heading and told him to stick to it until I told him too change course. The ship pulled away from the dock at the harbor and slowly climbed into the mist to avoid a collision with someone descending. I stood at the rail keeping an eye out for the land marks I would need to spot. Unfortunately the only way to the Cove is by feel, seeing certain features that another would never look at a second time but I knew as a guide. A boulder sitting a certain way on a cliff and a stand of trees on a jetty, they were all beacons leading me to the Cove and to my ship.

I saw each and everyone as we crossed the Myst continent on our way, and then there it was. The mist here was never as thick as that back at the harbor, but it was enough to cloud my vision on our approach. I could barely contain my anticipation as I stood on the bow watching eagerly wanting to see my ship again.

Then I heard Wahkan yell something from the Starboard side and I knew the Cove was not vacant. I also knew this was a cause for concern. When I saw the colors flying on the large Air Ship I felt like a fool.
Back to top Go down
John Greywolf

John Greywolf

Character sheet
Max MP:
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue30/30So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 6:53 pm

We’ve got company, small frigate bearing a Jolly Roger.

Wahkan didn’t yell the words but he sure said them loud enough for everyone on deck to hear and that was what saved them all. John turned to see the ship, a long sleek wooden floating ship with two large mast and a smaller forward one, just above them to the Port flying along quietly, which is why the frigate was able to sneak up on them, and the deck full of men armed with pistols and two large chain guns manned and pointing at the Siang Tien Tang. The Shaman squinted sensing there would be no talking, no moment of exchange between the captain of the frigate and himself. The cloth sails snapped in the wind as the men on the deck of the ship above them took aim. The loud staccato click of a few dozen hammers on pistols being locked back was barely drowned out by the sound of the chain guns being ratcheted. John knew those heavy guns on recoilless stands could tear the deck of the Junk to pieces and them with it.

Zheng,” was all the Shaman said.

It was all the ghost needed. He made a small gesture over the gem and with a snap the Siang Tien Tang literally jumped to action rising from its spot with a pop. Still it wasn’t fast enough to dodge the barrage of incoming rounds from all the pistols and the chain guns. The air was rent with the booming sound of gun fire and the ‘ping’ of ricochets. John and Wahkan ran to rail with Keiko just a step behind as bullets screamed by with high pitched wails. Shards and pieces of wood bounced up like little frogs in lines following each footstep John made as he ran for the flame throwers. He reached one just as Wahkan reached a Balista launcher. Both fired at the same time counter attacking with precision.

The men on the deck of the frigate abruptly stopped firing and fell back away from the rails and ran for their very lives. A two thousand degree fire ball blasted the deck of the ship setting wood and cloth ablaze with impunity. The arrows from the Balista slammed into the deck and side of the frigate, shook from plunging into the wood for a second, and then exploded like little bombs. All at once the ship was ablaze and smoking. John looked left getting ready to fire again when he spotted three men moving something in place, a large barreled canon.

Zheng, Starboard Now!” The Shaman yelled as he saw the men lighting the fuse on the canon.

The Siang Tien Tang peeled away with a quick spin as Wahkan fire one last round into the deck of the frigate before being out of the line of sight. The arrows exploded as the canon on the frigate fired. The ball flew up nicking the side of the Junk sending more wood debris flying as John looked over running for the cannonade Mortars. He smiled a little as he saw Keiko all ready standing there.
Back to top Go down
lady_keiko

lady_keiko

Character sheet
Max MP:
So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue600/1000So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (600/1000)
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 3:09 pm

I knew John was a little surprised to see me all ready at the cannonades. I sprinted past the ballistae and past the flame throwers to get here to the mortars. I ran as those fools on the deck fired at me, with bullets whizzing past my head. You see I wanted to be at the biggest gun when the time came to shoot back. I wanted to be the one who put a 32 pound mortar ball into that damnable frigate.

Gurglin’ Billy Blythe…

To say I detested the man would be to misunderstand the meaning of ‘detest’. I hate Calico Jack, when I finally catch up to him I will put him down for causing my crew to mutiny and then stranding me to die on a deserted island. I only detest Billy for stealing from me once not so long ago, like I detest Paddy and other Pirates who have seen fit to cross me. I would only wound Billy, or sink his ship if given the chance, and lo to me who should stumble across my path. I knew the visual shape of Billy’s frigate like the back of my hand so I recognized this ship as his in a split second. I laughed as my chance to even our feud was about to be delivered into my little hands.

So when the ghost spun away from the burning and exploding Air Ship and continued on in a circle he lined me up perfectly with the cannonades at the aft section of the Junk and I was not about to let my chance go by the wayside. I had all ready lit the fuse on mortar and shoved it home in the barrel. When I saw the sites cross the Quarterdeck with the Navigator’s wheel passing through I lit the fuse on the cannonade. In a split second the canon fired with a loud boom and gout of white smoke. I barely saw the impact of the 32 pound ball as it hit Billy’s ship, but I did see the deck explode with its first hit as the wheel disappeared. Then an even bigger explosion tore up the Quarterdeck and I could imagine seeing old Billy’s quarters go up in a fireball. The mortar did its job in less than a second. All at once every man on deck, the ones that could stand, was busy putting out fires and trying to keep the ship aloft. Billy’s frigate used a special technology to fly, something he stole from somewhere, and right now it was slowly fading.

I watched with a cold smile as it slowly dropped and dropped to the surface below. The main mast suddenly broke and collapsed across the burning deck. I smiled a little bigger as I felt John walk up next to me and stare down.

“Guess they will not be following us anymore?” Zheng abruptly replied from side. I knew the ghost was not speaking to me per say but just out loud to no one.

Billy should have just left well enough alone,” I replied to no one in particular.
Back to top Go down
John Greywolf

John Greywolf

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 7:22 pm

The Shaman watched as the ship slowly fell, and there was no mistaking its downward descent as anything more than falling, to the cove below. He watched as the men on the deck fought to extinguish the fires created by the mortar and the flame throwers of the Siang Tien Tang. The hands would try to save the burning frigate but it was too late and it wasn’t till just before finally crashing into the seaward side of the tip of the south crescent which formed the bay did they stop. John saw the impact, watched the frigate slam into ground and compact from the force, and breathed a small sigh of relief as the men onboard looked unharmed. He turned to Keiko and nodded.

Nice shot, ” he said before nodding to the wreck below, “looks like the men on board will be stranded for a while.

The Sky Pirate didn’t respond, just turned and took to cleaning the mortar cannonade. John knew she had settled some score, which he gleaned from the small smile on her face. He left her to finish working on the mortar as he walked over to Zheng.

How is the ship?

“It is flyable, but all the bullet holes leave much to be desired. I do not like the Siang Tien Tang being shot at John Greywolf.” The ghost answered curtly.

I know old friend, and I am sorry for putting your precious air ship in harm’s way, but it was not planned to run into the Pirates. ” John replied.

“I understand, but we will need to make repairs as soon as we land.” Zheng demanded.

Wahkan and I will see to it Zheng, now take us down to hidden spot in the woods just back from the water of the bay. ” John smiled walking away while ignoring the scowl from his tall friend.

The ghost reached over and gently ran his hand over the gem in the rudder of the Junk and the air ship responded to its command with a barely noticeable shift. It started to descend to the land below dropping out of the mist and without so much as a look back to the wrecked frigate the Siang Tien Tang made its way to berth. Zheng directed the Junk to a small cove just on the North side of the bay and into a perfect sized clearing for the air ship. The large trees hid it from any prying eyes that might be coming from the bay and with a camouflaged net cast over the top no one could see it from above, though it wasn’t much needed. The magic of the Siang Tien Tang hid it from everyone unless you were actively seeking it. Still, it was better to air on caution, and John only made sure the preparations were competed to shroud the Junk’s appearance to the outside world.

The Shaman then turned to fixing all the holed created by the many rounds of ammunition the Pirates had fired into the Siang Tien Tang’s decks. He stripped to the waist due to humidity and heat before starting to work, but just after an hour he noticed Keiko had disappeared.

It didn’t take much to guess where she had taken off to.
Back to top Go down
lady_keiko

lady_keiko

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 7:57 am

Soon after the work began on repairing the Junk I left John and Wahkan to attend to it. I had other parts of the cove I wanted to see, needed to examine. There was a feeling deep down on my stomach that had to be dealt with, a gnawing little rat of an animal. You see as we flew in over the bay I had not seen the Half Moon in the usual spots a ship would be moored and believe me I looked as hard as my eyes could see. There were two small slips, man made by another crew, on the southern side that were empty. It was from here I assumed Billy had come from where we showed up. Then on the northern side there were two more easily assessable docks that stood empty.

Of course there were as many hidden slips and docks across this bay as I have fingers, little inlets and points that would hide a ship from sight for as long as someone wanted. All you had to make sure of was stores, supplies for the crew to keep then fed, and enough entertainment for said crew to keep them from being bored enough to mutiny. The cove would provide food in a pinch if need be and when it comes to Pirates anything or anyone could fast become a show to keep one’s interest. And Jack, well he did not have to look to a crew by the time he arrived here in the cove. According to Red and the others he was running the Half Moon with just enough men to keep her afloat and moving along. Those few fools may have made it back to Alexandria or some other city after my air ship moored, but it would only one or two. Jack was the kind of backstabber who knew only self preservation and if one of those few got to talking…well the Half Moon would not stay hidden for long.

That, prospect you could say, is what made my stomach roll. I had not seen my ship from the air so I wanted to go and look to ensure myself that someone had not gotten to her first. The thought of Jack captaining the Half Moon made my blood boil. The thought of someone else doing it, well that just made me sick to my stomach.

I had gone maybe a half mile from where the Junk was being looked after when I sensed something, a feeling of being followed. I sighed and turned to see John patiently waiting for me to continue on my trek. I shook my head and smiled. “If you had wanted to follow me all you had to do was ask.

The shaman just smiled and walked up. A crazy idea struck me then as sunlight poured down in small streamers that hit the gaps in the broad leaves of the canopy above. Maybe John was following me because he knew something…might as well ask the question I always say.

What do you know about my ship John, and don’t say nothing because that is not the truth. We both know, you only deal in the truth."
Back to top Go down
John Greywolf

John Greywolf

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 8:56 pm

The demand and John did not mistake the tone in Keiko’s voice for anything but that, meant the time to talk was now. The mood between them felt cold, distant, as if there was a distinct possibility this could be the end of the friendship. The jungle even quieted around the pair. The animals making the far away sounds suddenly stopped. The flying bugs abruptly disappeared. The sun floating high in the sky usually made one’s skin warm when its rays touched it but not at the moment. It was as cold as the air between Keiko and John. If the Shaman was worried though he didn’t look it, he just nodded and began to speak.

I have been keeping something from you Keiko and it was out of respect for you that I was acting so,

There was a very little change from Keiko when he told her he had news, her face stayed the same though her body tensed just slightly. This told John she had her suspicions and he had just confirmed them with one small sentence. The Shaman waited for a reply he knew was not coming before deciding to speak again and tell her everything.

I didn’t find you in the Fisherman Village by chance Keiko. I was asked to help you by a friend of yours who had left this realm, Silva. He came to me during a Journey and told me what would come of your meeting with Bill on his ship. He told me you would be hurt and that if I didn’t come to your aid that you would die. He also wanted me to help you because he had seen you walking a dark path that would end in a darker place Keiko.

Now her body language changed as the stiffness that was there slowly slipped away as John continued on. “He told me that you would do anything to find the Half Moon. He told me you would take a life in anger and that would lead you deeper down a path of destruction. Silva is a true friend Keiko, he died here trying to help you and in the Hidden World he keeps a watchful eye on you still.

The cold mood was gone now as the words John spoke slowly sunk in. The jungle seemed to waken also and move finally sensing the Sky Pirate was no longer ‘tense’. The animals began to call out again feeling safe and the gnats began to hover and fly around looking for a quick bite of some exposed flesh. John ignored all of this and finished his confession with the last bit of news Silva had given him.

The last time we spoke was just a few days ago, after we left the Fisherman Village, and he answered a question about the location of the Half Moon that I put to him. He told me he could no longer see the ship Keiko, that it was no longer in his sight. For a spirit not to see an object in the Middle World, our realm, usually means that it is not of this world anymore. It is possible the Half Moon was destroyed by Calico Jack.
Back to top Go down
lady_keiko

lady_keiko

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:08 pm

The Half Moon destroyed?

No, that fool of a supposed man Calico Jack would never scuttle the Half Moon. He was nothing but vainglorious. What Jack wanted Jack got and to the bottom of the sea with the costs to family or friend. I am not even sure he had any family to betray but if he did Jack would sell them out. I do know though he wanted the Half Moon, more than anything else, and he got it by stirring up a mutiny. Jack probably promised the crew who knows what, lied through his teeth to get them to rise against me. I had come all this way to get my ship back and end his life and I would have both. No one would stand in my way or hold my intentions in check.

And still, back in the depths of my mind, I had all ready started to accept the probability that an ending like that might just be the outcome of all of this. I had not seen my precious Half Moon on our approach and that silly little voice in the back of my head got louder and louder. We passed over the spots where I would expect to see the Half Moon and as each one was empty the voice raised another octave, assumed a louder retort in my head. I could ignore it no longer and that is when I truly realized how long the voice had been with me. How truly long it had been sitting and waiting in the back of my mind, waiting for the right moment to begin to make a sound.

What if he had scuttled my ship? What if the Half Moon had seen its lasts days among the open skies and the crystal blue waters? Jack had no spine for confrontation but he had the knives for stabbing one in the back. What better way to make sure to hurt me than to sink my ship. I was not sure how I would react to the news, if anger would overtake me and Mayhem would be unleashed. Now amazingly I was accepting the cold fact my Half Moon maybe gone and contrary to my worry my pistol was still in its holster.

I know the Half Moon may be gone John. I have had a suspicion for some time now that Jack would rather see my ship at the bottom of one of the oceans then back in my hands. I have been telling myself over and over again it is still out there even though a lingering doubt has grown to a full scale expectation.” I replied and when the shaman remained quiet I continued on.

I want to check on two more places Jack could have hidden the Half Moon. If these spots are empty then it is more than assured Calico has scuttled my ship. I wish some company John and it would be very admirable if you would accompany me. I would like the company in case…my suspicion comes true.

The shaman just nodded quietly and followed me as I led the way to the two places I intended to look in on.
Back to top Go down
John Greywolf

John Greywolf

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:32 am

The Shaman followed quietly along, aided by the enchantment of his moccasins, as Keiko led them along secret paths. They walked for some time stopping once to look over a cliff into another cove that was hidden from the sky by the canopy above and the steep walls of the hills. The water was a dark blue meaning it was deep here; deep enough the let the keel of a ship pass by, but the Half Moon was nowhere to be seen. If it had been sunk here in the cove it might have been seen from the high perch, the water was clear enough, but there was nothing.

Keiko studied the area for a second then started walking again. John followed after quietly letting her lead the way to the last place her ship might be.

!!!!!!!!!!!##############!!!!!!!!!!!!

The repair work was tedious and slow, but it never really bothered Wahkan. He dug out the bullets from each hole the rounds made and tossed the mashed lead into a bucket. Then with a practiced hand he slowly removed the damaged wood, just enough to leave a set sized hole in the plank. He did this over and over again for each and every bullet left behind by the Pirates.

“Where do you think they went too?” Zheng asked from the rail where he looked out at the jungle.

My guess, he went looking for Keiko after she left to go looking for her ship.” Wahkan answered moving onto the next hole.

“Do you like Keiko?” Zheng asked suddenly.

Wahkan looked up from his work and looked to the ghost. “You know your asking two different questions there Zheng.

“No, I only asked one question.” The ghost snapped.

Not really, like John is fond of saying the road for like is not the same as the one for trust though they do converge every so often.

Zheng finally turned away from the rail and back to Wahkan. “Then you trust her, but not necessarily like her?”

Wahkan started work on another hole to patch by removing the half destroyed slug form it. “I know she won’t hurt John or me, not by her own hand at least, and that suits me fine on most days. As for liking her, I can stand to be in the same room with her.

“On most days?”Zheng asked with a small smile as he turned back to watching the jungle.

On most days, Wahkan smiled starting to cut out the damaged wood.

!!!!!!!!!!!##############!!!!!!!!!!!!

They found the last spot where the Half Moon might be hidden…and found the Half Moon herself. It was another hidden inlet, one of so many in this bay, with a white sandy beach and water that went from the usual light blue of the shallows to the dark blue of the deeper waters. It was there, on that white sandy beach, where they found her.

John looked down again from the trail into the inlet and saw the burned out husk of a ship lying on that white sand. The Half Moon deserved better he thought as Keiko only stopped long enough to examine the wreck.
Back to top Go down
lady_keiko

lady_keiko

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 3:01 am

My heart dropped when I saw the burned husk of what was once a very nice Galleon. Was it my Half Moon? From up here on the trail I could have made an approximation of a guess but then I found something inside lacking the necessary fortitude to make such a leap. I could not with a strong heart say that was my shop down there in burned pieces scattered on the beach. I could not make such a declaration without a closer look. So I started down the trail to the cove below and that ruin of wood hoping it was not my Half Moon.

I did not ask John id he would come. I felt, or knew, that he would follow me as I trekked toward the truth. He would be at my side when I finally stood down there on the beach and had to say nay or yea if that was ship. Somewhere down deep I had gained a respect for the shaman for being the first man in my life who did not seek some gratification for being around. He never wanted to see what treasures lay inside my trousers for every time I asked his help. I strangely had come to count on him being there for me when other never would be.

As we made our way down I steeled myself in case that was my ship. I found after a bit that with every step I accepted the fact a little more that it just might be the Half Moon down there. I gradually acknowledge the simple fact that Jack, that dog, might have burned the ship to rid himself of it…to hurt me. Yes, according to Red he was keeping it hidden to ensure that when I finally caught up to him I would not end Jack’s life with a single bullet to his heart. He would be counting on the fact I would never kill him if he still had the Half Moon, if he was the only one who knew the exact location of its hidden mooring. Yet, like I was starting to affirm that just maybe that husk down there was my ship, Jack would start to realize there was nothing that would stop me from ending his wretched life, nothing. He would accept that the same as I was doing now and make his final move.

The last of the trail took us onto the beach out of the tall Palms and from where I stood, when my eyes took in the half scorched figurehead, I knew it was the Half Moon. I slowly walked out onto the beach feeling my boots sink slightly in the soft sand taking it all in. The once glorious air ship left to me by my Captain was now a mass of charred lumber and ash. He had done it. Calico had set the Half Moon ablaze as a final plunge of the knife in my heart. They reserve a special place in hell for men like Jack, a very dark and nightmarish place.

He burned it, right to the bleeding surf,” a voice said from behind.

I did not have to turn to know it was Billy Blythe speaking or the crunching noise was the soles of the boots of the few crew of his that could still walk coming for me and John. I smiled laying a hand on Mayhem. I was of the mind to shoot someone and good old Billy sure fit the bill at the moment.
Back to top Go down
John Greywolf

John Greywolf

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 3:54 pm

He stood watching Keiko closely, but John’s attention was always on the approaching men. From the sound there had to be at least ten, scattered out trying to circle them. If he signaled Keiko they would attack right away, open up with pistols probably, but if he let them get closer and if he let them think they had the advantage, well that might give him and Keiko the edge. So John played dumb and never turned to look until he heard the captain, one Billy Blythe, speak. He looked over his left shoulder while slowly pulling Tsuki no me from its pocket on his pants figuring Keiko would take the Billy and anyone on that side leaving him the left and everyone there. There were four men, two next to each other while a third was two steps to the right of them and the fourth back behind the first pair.

This would be an interesting exchange.

Then Keiko turned with her pistol drawn and the fight was on. John paid her no attention from that point on. She would have to fight on her own. He turned and with a snap of his hand sent one of the weighted ends of the manriki gusari into the face of the man on the left of the pair. There was the sick crunching sound of breaking bone as John saw the abrupt attack caught the other three unready to counter. He jerked back on the weighted end of Tsuki no me that he was holding while leaping into the other man. By now the other two were moving, drawing pistols, while behind him John could hear gun fire being exchanged between the others. The first man he hit with the weight dropped flat to the ground while the other tried to bring his pistol up. John slammed his elbow into the large oval cheek of the Pirate driving him backwards and knocking the gun from his hand.

John had hoped to close the distance to the man on the right quickly, and he almost made it before the man fired. In a flash of muzzle fire the Shaman felt a sting on the side of his shoulder, but it didn’t slow his charge. There was only one way out of this and he had to keep moving. He brought Tsuki no me around in a wide sweeping arc slamming the weighted end into the hand and gun of the man. There was another loud crunch and this time the clang of metal accompanied it. The Pirate let out a yowl as he grabbed his broken hand. John continued to spin expecting to be looking down the barrel of another gun, but the last man didn’t have one it seemed. He drew a long Falchion sword and held it out nervously waiting for the Shaman to come to him.

He might have too if not the man with the broken hand. John sensed he was coming and with a side step he evaded the lunge attack. The move took the Pirate’s balance and John slammed his foot into the man’s backside to help him along. All at once the man was flying toward his companion and the two slammed into each then fell to the ground in a lump.

It was never good to assume the fight was over and it certainly wasn’t for John. A bullet flew by him from someone to his left and he ducked while looking over. He didn’t see who took the shot, but the second man in the pair was pulling his own sword and growling.

I’m going to cut you from your navel to your Adams apple!

John just nodded and started spinning Tsuki no me fast enough to have the chain sing with a high pitched screech.
Back to top Go down
lady_keiko

lady_keiko

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:50 pm

To worry about John at the moment was not high on my list of things. He was insignificant to me at the very instant I am afraid to say. I was upset that Jack had mutinied my crew, I was furious he had stolen the Half Moon from me, and I was filled with rage that he burned it to the keel on this beach. I was not in my right mind. I had put my hand on Mayhem with a lust to kill and when I heard old Billy’s voice from behind that was my cue to unleash hell. He would take Jack’s place as I poured every ounce of my uncontrollable fury and vexation into my gun hand. I spun while drawing Mayhem with one fluid motion bringing it up with a snap of my arm. I was in the clutches of a blood lust, lost to the world as a red haze took over my vision. There was nothing else I saw but that thief Blythe, nothing on the beach but me and him. He had helped Jack burn my Half Moon. He had stood with Calico and that meant he was against me.

Billy let out a battle roar as did I and we both fired our first round at the same instant, a twin bellow of fire and sound as we ran at each other screaming like mad people. I felt Mayhem kick just a little as the LaZZar designed weapon held firm and true. I saw Billy Blythe take my round full in his shoulder, blood flying as it struck. I gave another guttural scream of pleasure, primordial and primitive, as I just ran at Blythe as fast as my legs would carry me. He fell back onto the sand with a plop and before I could go another five steps his men closed around him, circled the thief while aiming for me.

A bloodlust is strong by nature. It can take you in an instant and afore you know what has come and gone you might have done a grievous deed or a gallant act. This was not my fist time lost to the monster Rage and it would not be my last. My Captain would warn me that one day I would meet my end due to losing my wits but I have never found myself so lost I did not recover. As soon as the first man returned fire on me the need to kill Billy subsided as the want to stay alive took its place. I cut to my right running for the burnt rubble of the forepeak and keel of my ship as round after round and bullet after bullet just missed me. I churned up the sand with each step, as did the errant shots of Blythe’s men.

I made the large curved wooden beam that made the keel and what was the bow at one time kneeling down as a ricochet pinged just above my head. I leaned out and fired two shots at two of the men dragging Billy away, one I hit in the leg dropping him while the other I winged. I rolled back into my small sanctuary as I heard more pistol rounds slam into the wood. There was no time to stay and deduce a plan. I had to move and I had to do it now.
Back to top Go down
John Greywolf

John Greywolf

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 6:32 pm

Tsuki no me spun a little faster with every circle it completed, sung a little more as it sped up in John’s hands. From behind two of the men started to stand up, get back into the fight, and the Shaman knew the odds of getting shot again were high. His shoulder burned where the bullet had gone through his jacket, which had helped protect him enough to keep from getting seriously hurt. He needed to create a small bit a fear in the men and using his Chi energy would do just the trick. With an inaudible groan due to the manriki-gusari’s squeal John started raising his internal energy. In his mind’s eye he turned the large blue ball of Chi at his center from crystal blue to a deep angry red. His external body temp began to rise as the heat from the Chi ran through John’s body.

(John uses his enchantment Ryū no iki Breath of the Dragon)

The heat from his rising Chi started to exude from John’s skin in small smoking tendrils of his hand. His eyes turned into red hot orbs and smoke drifted out of the corners up to the sky. Tsuki no me became a conduit for the heated energy glowing as it spun in tight circles. Smoke began to drift up off the chain and weights of the manriki-gusari also and the circle it created took on the red hue as if on fire. The effect of the enchantment worked like a charm as the Pirate in front of John froze at the sight of the Shaman. His allies behind did the same, even though they had the advantage of numbers the three Pirates feared to press the fight so John did it for them. On the downward swing lifted his right hand with a small pop and let go of Tsuki no me. The chain weapon flew like a missile right into the chest of the man in front of John with a bone crunching pop. With the Pirate in front of him falling backward with a step and collapsing to the ground in a lump the Shaman spun on his toes and faced the last two behind him. Both looked as scared as a pair cats trapped in cage with a dog. Shots rang out from the beach, screaming about killing the bitch echoed over the beach.

John kept his Chi focused and took an aggressive stance against the pair. The smoke from his eyes and hand rolled upward obscuring the Pirates vision of the Shaman, and they were thankful. One took a step back and whispered “Demon…it’s a damnable demon…

Not really John thought as he readied his hands for an attack.

(John uses his enchantment Aiankurabu Iron Hands)

The Shaman dug one foot in and breathed deep. The second man drew a long knife while the one trying to back away pulled a pistol from his belt. John had his target now and with a leap he launched across the small clearing at the men.

(John uses his enchantment Tobihi Leaping Flames)

The Pirate with the knife froze as he saw the demon flying at them. The one with the pistol though tried to fight back, somewhat. He got his weapon up and actually fired it, wildly into the nether sphere. John countered with a heel stomp slamming his foot into the man’s chest. The Pirate came off his feet with a jerk and was flying, but before he hit the ground the Shaman was on the other man. Three quick punches of his ‘Iron Hands’ dropped the Pirate without having the chance to use his knife.

More shots rang out from the beach. John knew Keiko needed help and ran toward where the action was happening.
Back to top Go down
lady_keiko

lady_keiko

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 12:46 pm

When the last round struck the thick timber that was once the keel of my beloved Half Moon I was using as cover I took my chance and spun away from it. I drew Mayhem down on the first Pirate I saw, a man running forward to close in on me. That was a decision he paid for because I put a round into his chest without as much as a second thought. As he fell to the sand I started to run to my right to reach the trees and more cover. I had to cover a rather large piece of open terrain, and all of that was sand which would make the going slow. I would be in the open and anyone that was a half-decent shot could take me down with a single shot. Still I could not sit and wait behind a piece of burnt wood for someone to come and give me a hand.

John was busy trying to stay alive and that left me on my own, like always.

So I bolted with a jump and ran like a scolded dog for the trees and some blessed cover. I made it two steps before Blythe’s boys opened up and rained down bullets on me. I felt two pass so close my hair snapped from being hit. Another struck in the sand in front of me with a plop of thrown sand. Someone was leading the target too much and that gave me a scare. Whoever it was had me now if they adjusted just a bit on the aim of the barrel. I looked to the trees, right to the spot I was heading for, and there coming at me was a single man. He aimed his pistol at me as he ran and fired, the puff of burning gunpowder leaving a small plume. He must have went to the same school of fighting as the other fool because I fired a single round from Mayhem and hit him true in the head. As he fell I turned a little to my left and gave the last round to another man trying to follow me from the trees at the head of the bay.

The bullet struck the tree he running for causing him to dive for the ground a little early. I gave up any idea after that of returning the fire from the group carrying Blythe to cover. I just wanted to get my nicely shaped behind to those trees and behind a nice sized one. I heard more screaming coming from behind but I did not care to take a look, no sir. I was only interested in making for next piece of cover and that was it. I was so determined to get there I missed the fact the shooting had changed direction. No bullets flew my way, not a single round. I reached the trees and slid down behind the first one that looked good. I turned back getting ready to draw Chaos and fire back.
Back to top Go down
John Greywolf

John Greywolf

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 6:42 am

There were men all over the beach firing pistols at Keiko as she ran for cover into the trees. John knew there were too many for him to try and fight by himself. He watched as she made it to safety for the moment and then decided on an action. He had to call for help, special help. John closed his eyes and reached out into the cosmos calling for help. He stared to chant in his native tongue while raising his right hand and all the while calling for help. Then, with a flash in his mind’s eye, the call was answered by his friend.

(John cast the summons Goyahkla)

John was in a trance by now but he knew what was coming. He could see what was going to unfold. The ghostly image of a native warrior of the tribe appeared next to him on his right side. The hardened facial features of the warrior were a testament to his hard life and his resolve to stand and fight with an inner will stronger than any could imagine. The warrior once held off an army with his band of fighters and another time he led a gang of marauders on a merry chase into a dark cave that ended in what some had called his death. Only the old warrior was a wily one, he knew that cave had an exit and that it would lead him to safety while his pursuers would just get lost. Oh yes, this old warrior was wily fighter.

The ghost shouted a command in old native tongue, one that John was taught by the old woman. The area around the Shaman and the warrior began to grow darker and darker and a few of the men hiding out among the tress felt a sudden stabbing pain in the chest. The pain came from nowhere. They hadn’t been shot or cut with a knife and yet the pain just hit them like a bolt from the blue. They turned looking back over their shoulders to see the ghost warrior and John standing like statues against a storm. The pain kept growing, expanding almost, as they heard the words the old warrior called to the sky. One of the pirates fired a quick shot at the warrior and the bullet just passed through him like he was vapor. Another fired a round at John but the round went high due to a spasm from the pain the pirate was feeling. Behind the pair the darkness was like a wall now.

Someone yelled for a man to run up and cut the throat of the man in the black hat. He was causing this. He was a summoner and he was causing the pain they were filling, kill him now. Yet when the first man rose and was ready to charge John and end his life he froze. From behind the Shaman and the warrior there was a rumbling, like the sound of hooves running right for them. The man took a step back because out of that dark wall came the old warriors band of fighters.
Back to top Go down
lady_keiko

lady_keiko

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:38 pm

Chaos is the match to my Mayhem, the perfect twin, yet without the scope or extended magazine. It still stands on its own though and I am still a master shot with it. I can shot out the eyes of a target at 50 yards with Chaos as easy as Mayhem, only there was no one charging at me at the moment. I found this more than just a little odd as just a second or more ago I had a storm of bullets flying around me. Every pirate in Billy’s crew, what was left of them, wanted to see my blood run on the sand, but now not a one was firing a thing at me. I did not take long to make my next move knowing full well one had to take advantage of openings in gun fights. I broke to my right again heading inland away from the beach toward where I assumed John would be heading. I had every intention of coming to his aid, I promise. I knew the shaman was facing the same odds I was, less or more I had no idea.

So I broke and started running using my free hand to knock the occasional branch clear of my gun. I was in full flight making a line for a hopeful rendezvous with John when I ran right into one of Blythe’s bounder’s, headlong into him at full speed. We hit and I bounced off taking a step or two backwards in keeping my balance. I saw him do the same and then we both froze staring at the other for a second. We were obviously shocked at the other for making such a sudden rude appearance, but then the wait was over and we both went back to fighting.

He drew up a long knife, not quite as long as the one John carries, but after Scruffy Bill tried to cut out my heart I had no wish to let anyone try it again. He hissed and grabbed his chest like it hurt taking his eyes of me and just like before I took advantage of the opening. I stepped in and delivered a blow that stunned him instantly, my boot between his legs. I kicked the pirate so hard that my foot went numb from the blow. The man came off the ground by at least four inches and when he landed his face contorted in such pain I could only smile. Then I slammed Chaos up the side of his head hearing the sound of a melon popping and down he went like a puppet when no one holds the strings. I did not wait to see if he was still breathing. I just hopped over his body and kept running, but now I was hearing screams and not the kind in pain.

Oh I was sure someone was hurt and I was sure John had been the one to cause such distress. Only I had no clue what kind of distress he was causing until I found him…and my breath stopped cold.
Back to top Go down
John Greywolf

John Greywolf

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:19 pm

John never saw the dark wall behind him. He was lost in the trance of his summons, the magic it took to bring the old warrior to this plane taking over his body. He never saw the effect the power of the summons had on those around him. How it scared and sent most running for the hills and safety. All he knew was the call for help before and waking up after the magic was done.

The pirates scrambled in retreat stumbling over tree limbs, tree roots, and their own feet. It was all in desperation and fear as they tried to flee what was riding out of the dark behind John and the ghostly warrior at his side. Two spectral riders on shadowy horses bolted through the Shaman and the warrior riding hard for the first man they saw. They charged him riding him down as he turned and ran for his very life. Both riders pulled back on the bows they carried and at the same time shot the man with two dark ethereal arrows. As the shafts struck the Pirate gave a scream of pain before falling face first to the ground. His comrades didn’t stop to check on him or see if he was even alive, and he was. They never slowed in their retreat from the strange dark riders who screamed and whooped riding past them before disappearing into a black mist.

Two of the Pirates running for their lives stopped and turned back toward the Shaman and the old warrior. They actually considered mounting an attack on the pair. One pulled a knife while the other an ancient single shot musket ball pistol. They took a step forward ready to end the dark magic that was overrunning the woods. Then the old warrior turned to face them. His hard eyes locked onto them, bore into their souls freezing them to the ground where they’re feet touched.

Go on, shoot them!” The one with the knife demanded.

Are ye a fool? I only have one shot and I have no idear which one to shoot!” The other with the single shot pistol fired back.

The one with the knife took a shaky step backwards amazingly and then another as he stammered with an equally shaky voice. “I don’t think it matters any…just shoot something you scurvy ridden bullock!

I’ll be shootin’ you ifn’ you don’t shut that hole in your head!” The pirate with the pistol screamed back raising his weapon finally toward the shaman and the warrior. His hand shook so bad he was lucky to draw a bead on either target. He finally squeezed the trigger though, a jerky spasm of a pull that sent the round flying wide. He had aimed for John’s chest and instead sent the round ball right through the face of the warrior. “Oh damn,” he mumbled as the realization of his miss registered.

The pirate with the knife just let out a scream and finally turned and broke for cover along with what remained of Billy Blythe’s crew. He didn’t look back for his brother privateer with the pistol and it may have saved him from the other dark riders pouring out of the wall now.
Back to top Go down
lady_keiko

lady_keiko

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 4:26 am

I saw the two ghost warriors run down Blythe’s man and fire the spectral arrows right into his back with two quick pops. He gave a scream, fell, and left me standing downwind of the shades and those shadowy horses. I felt my blood run a little cold as the pair came right at me. What in the name of the high seas was I supposed to do about one ghost on a charging horse let alone two? Shooting either of them was not an available choice which left me with what my Captain use to call ‘getting hauled along the keel’. It’s as bad as it sounds believe me and it’s something you never want to have to do but has to be done when there’s no other choice.

So I set my jaw and my feet and covered my head with my arm making sure to leave my gun had free. I gave one last look at those two riders then closed my eyes because I sure did not want to see what was going to happen next. Thankfully the only thing that happened was the temperature dropped as they ran past me, over me, or maybe through me. I opened my eyes just as the ghost riders disappeared and I heard another pirate scream out in bloody murder.

Run you ragged dungbies! There’s more coming!

More of the ghost riders? I caught site of a man running past and I reached out and slapped the back of his head with Chaos to give him a little incentive to move along faster. “Run To The Hills You Cowards! Run For Your Worthless Lives!

Then I saw old Billy trying to get away, running along like a poxed wench. I smiled and drew down Chaos on the lead man with vile intention. I pulled the trigger with ease and watched as the barrel of me pistol flowered with fire and the man drop to the ground. I saw old Billy’s face turn with a look of terror and my smile grew by an inch or two.

It was on, so very on now.

Kill her ya’ damn fools! Kill her before she kills me!” Billy wailed while shambling along. The sound in his voice just edged up my anger and hostility a little more. One of his men took aim and fired at me missing wide to my left.

As soon as the shot missed I took off running toward the group, right at their black hearts like those damn ghost riders. “It’s time to shake hands with the devil Billy Blythe! It’s time for your black soul to pay for siding with Jack!”. I let loose with my second shot and watched as another man by Billy’s side grabbed his shoulder and fell in mid run. Behind me I heard the other men, what was left, scream as something else was coming for them.

It was judgment day on the beach. John had unleashed his fury on the men who watched my Half Moon burn and I was going to show Billy the proper road to hell as soon as I caught up to him.
Back to top Go down
John Greywolf

John Greywolf

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:12 am

Another pair of ghost riders emerged from the wall of darkness behind John and the ghostly warrior, only a new set rode after the first pair. Four specter warriors riding down more of the retreating Pirates firing four more dark arrows into their backs as they ran. The first two struck two separate men catching and passing them in a bolt leaving shadowy arrow shafts sticking out of their backs. They rode on whooping and screaming after completing their task disappearing in a dark mist with one last battle cry. The next two though changed course and rode for the men trying to help their captain escape. The only one not shot by Keiko gave out a scream and fired his pistol at the charging ghosts watching in horror as his round just passed right through the lead one. The Pirate gave one last wail of fear before the first Brave let his arrow loose hitting his mark, right in the middle of the pirate’s chest.

The other man who Keiko had shot just a round earlier looked up in time to see the second Brave ride by and fire his arrow into him. He had no time to plead for help or mercy, no time at all. The dark shadowy shaft suddenly protruded from his stomach and the man let out a scream of pain as the dark magic rolled through his body. His body gave a small convulse then he fell unconscious on the spot as his attacker disappeared into mist going home to the Great Plains after fulfilling his task.

The old warrior standing next to John looked out and saw his mighty band repel the pirates just like they did when he protected his lands, his tribes land. He smiled knowing the need to protect the Shaman had passed. The threat had been driven away by his Braves. He turned to John and whispered something in his friend’s ear before slowly fading from this realm. A lone single cry came from the fading dark behind John. One last warning to let all know Goyahkla still walked this realm when he was called. Then the dark wall finally faded and the summons was done.

John immediately bent at the waist as the energy to reach out and call for help took its toll on his energy. It just wasn’t a simple he cast. No, he became the bridge for the old warrior and his fighters to come to the Middle World. John breathed in deeply regaining his strength forcing his fatigue to flee. He straightened and looked up just in time to see the man called Billy Blythe try to run for his life. All the men he had used as protection from Keiko, used as shields, was gone now. The only thing between him and a raging Sky Pirate was the very air itself. The Shaman swallowed hard and started to trot forward knowing he would never catch up to the captain who was running for who knows where now.

The man had lost his ship and crew and now it seemed his very mind.
Back to top Go down
lady_keiko

lady_keiko

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:50 am

The look of terror on old Billy’s face drove me on with such a gleeful rage I laughed as he fired one last round at me missing just to my left. He was holding his left shoulder with his right hand favoring the wound that I gave him just as all this fighting started. That was bad luck. Bill was right handed and really bad shot with his left. Me, on the side of the ship, I am just as good with either hand. I let Chaos roar to life with a shot that hit Blythe just above his knee with a snap. He gave a loud scream and dropped to ground right there. I watched as those ghost riders of John’s took out the last two men guarding Billy then slowly sauntered up smiling like the devil himself.

That looks like it hurts Billy, I for one am glad.

You always were a heartless wench Keiko, heartless and cold!” Blythe hissed at me trying to stop the bleeding from his leg and shoulder.

I leaned in raising Chaos and pointing it at his fat head. “You picked a real bad time to try to be smart Billy. Backing Jack against me? You knew what was going to happen when you made that decision. You had to know I would come back and put anyone down for siding with him. You mean you actually thought Jack would kill me?

A man can hope, can’t he?

That was all Billy said, growled at me. I had heard those words before, standing with only my clothes before the main mast staring at a crew who had just betrayed me. I stood there staring back into those eyes raging just like I was staring back into Billy’s right now as Jack muttered them in my ear. I put my pistol right up against his cheek hearing the flesh sizzle from the hot barrel. Those words were going to be his last ever spoken.

I never give a doomed man a second chance Billy and that is just what you are now, doomed to die by my hand. I will drag your scurvy corpse down to the water and let the fish have their fill after I blow off your head!

I cocked the trigger back on Chaos and watched happily as old Billy flinched just a little. A coward and a poor excuse for a man to the end that was old Blythe. His crew had always been a blaggard of a captain with a crew of milk maids who cried to be on land more than the sea. I was partially glad to be rid of him finally and that miserable band of sea dogs. Yet, more of me was just tired now. I had found my Half Moon. I had survived a mutiny, found a friend in John I never knew existed, and had come to the final resting place of my precious Half Moon.

I was just tired, plain and simple. I did not want more blood on my hands then there had to be which is why when it came to it I could not pull the trigger. I just pulled my pistol back off his cheek and when Billy started to smile I whipped him like no one’s business. His head snapped back and most of his teeth flew from the blow.

That was good enough for me.
Back to top Go down
John Greywolf

John Greywolf

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 7:19 am

The Shaman walked up quietly as Keiko finished off Blythe with the whip crack of a blow to his face. He had rushed over to make sure she didn’t do something that would mark her soul for the rest of her life and he was relieved to see she had not shot the captain. John didn’t say anything as he knelt by the man checking to see if he was still alive. Blythe would live though he would be hurting for the next few days to come, maybe even longer than that. The Shaman thought about using his magic to aid the captain before he heard a scream from the woods. He stood up ready to fight another group of pirates from Billy Blythe’s crew but his ears told him no one was running to attack them. Someone was in trouble he thought as the woods were quiet.

A second scream echoed out and this one was more fear then anger, more desperation then battle cry. John turned to Keiko and spoke quickly. “Stay with Blythe, I’ll see what’s happening to the crew.

John didn’t wait to see how Keiko reacted to his order. He knew she had no desire to stay with Blythe, and even less inclination to help the crew, but he could not stand by and let them be hurt. Even after attacking him he could not let them just be slaughtered in the woods. He ran on quietly making no sound as he ducked limbs and bushes easily following the trail of fleeing pirates. A panicked man leaves a very definitive trail to follow. The Shaman raced along next to the trail out into a clearing and right into the path of what was causing the screams. He looked up into the yellow eyes of a very large cat, one of the largest he had come across, as it stood protectively over the body of one of Blythe’s men. A pair of very large and very pointed fangs protruded over a well muscled lower jaw and maw which was pulled back in a deep snarl at the moment. The muscles didn’t stop at the mouth either. They flowed all down the cat’s back under a thick fur which alternated between yellow and black stripes. The beast stood almost as tall John’s chest, a good 5 foot 5 inches, and had to weigh in at 600 pounds.

He held up hands slowly in the classic gesture of cessation. John hoped the cat knew he meant no harm as he stood still in the non-threatening stance. “I mean no harm to you great hunter, and I don’t want your food. I just want to leave the way I came in, please.” All his life the Shaman had shown a special connection with the animals around the old woman’s hut and then later when he began his travels. Yet it took time to talk with an animal on its level, to gain its trust and become a friend. He had several animal friends, from small to large, and one of =the closest ever made a sudden appearance. His friend Ohitika suddenly let out a scream and landed on a branch nearby. The eagle let out a second screech, a louder one and this time the cat answered back with its own equally loud and powerful roar. The feeling of being caught in the middle started to fill John’s stomach as he watched the two animals’ converse. After a moment which seemed to last all morning the cat gave one last roar then picked up its meal in its mouth and started to leave.

The Shaman sighed and ran a hand over his brow. “Thank you Ohitika, that was too close for my comfort.
Back to top Go down
lady_keiko

lady_keiko

Character sheet
Max MP:
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 11:54 am

Like I said, I was tired and all I wanted to do was see my ship one last time then leave. Only John when came walking back looking less than himself I started to wonder why. When he told me of the large cat I just grinned and turned heading back to the surf and the burned out wreck that was the Half Moon once. The shaman did not follow and I was happy for that. A captain is supposed to go down with her ship, to die along with the majestic vessel that fulfilled its esteemed destiny of conveying her crew safely until the sorrowful moment when it finally can no longer. To be burned on a beach by a cruel hand, that was no way for the distinguished Half Moon to leave this world.

I walked up and place a hand on the massive curved beam that served as the keel, the stout backbone of my ship and my Captain’s before me. I could still feel a life force in that wood, ever so faint, but it was still there. She was waiting for my return, to say her last goodbye. I remember all the walks I made down the main deck with my boot heels clicking on the teak wood that shined from the work of the crew. I closed my eyes and I could hear the wind flow through the rigging of the main mast and the mizzen, creaking and groaning that was music to my ears. I could feel the sway of her below my feet and the feel of the sea as the waves broke over the bow from an approaching squall. The nights of love making in my Captain’s cabin and laying his arms dreaming of the day I would sail the Half Moon as my own, as captain. Oh how it all came to an undignified end.

I failed you my friend, my dearest love. I should have been faster to find you. I should have never have let Jack take you from me.

It was then I felt a sudden pulse from the keel, the life there raging against the dark to say one last thing to me. I smiled as I understood what my ship was trying to communicate. I knew it was telling me it was fine to mourn, but this was no time to linger. Its duty on this world was done but mine was not and I had better get to finding my way in this life again. I took out my boot knife and with a hard quick plunge I sank the blade into the keel and gave it a twist. As the last of the life force drained away I held up my hand to catch the long sliver that fell making sure it never touched the beach. I took my knife back and clutched the sliver in my hand feeling better that I had in a very long time.

I turned and left the beach with John making my way back to his air ship. I had found my Half Moon, seen to her burial, and now I could get to living my life again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)   So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

So many questions and no answers (John Greywolf, Others PM please)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2