FinalFantasyWorlds
Welcome to Final Fantasy Worlds. Please log in or register. Thank You
FinalFantasyWorlds
Welcome to Final Fantasy Worlds. Please log in or register. Thank You
FinalFantasyWorlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» OMFG GUESS WHAT.......
Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 6:49 pm by Shade

» A Long Shift
Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 3:06 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Mirage Hearts
Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 5:26 pm by Game Master

» Micro RPs
Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 5:21 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Micro Rp Thread Rules
Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 4:23 pm by Zack Fair

» An Angel's return...
Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 8:27 am by Tifa Lockhart

» my absence
Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 8:43 pm by Shade

» Chillin' with a smoke.....
Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 3:29 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Beginnings...
Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 9:28 pm by Shade

» Removing old Character threads for Weapons, Armor, and such...
Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 3:13 am by Tifa Lockhart

» Friendly check up.
Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 12:47 pm by Sephy

» I'm leaving
Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 2:15 pm by Shade

» Because he's Tifa's favorite...
Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 4:17 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» Guest Posting
Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 11:38 am by Tifa Lockhart

» Sidequest: Territorial Dispute
Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 4:50 pm by Zack Fair

» New people, Old places (Open)
Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 3:52 pm by Zack Fair

» A Party to Remember ... or Not ((Open)
Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 3:57 pm by Tifa Lockhart

» The Cloud Forest (Tifa)
Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 4:32 pm by Zack Fair

» Yes, yes, I'm late.
Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 3:26 pm by Jonathan DeLauren

» Guess Who's Back.....No not Eminem -_-
Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 3:43 pm by Tora Kline

Micro RPs
Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 5:21 pm by Tifa Lockhart
We got a new thing! Micro Rps are designed to be short, quick fire things. The rules and points are different in these, so be sure to read up on them before jumping in. Rules are important. Rules can be found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Think of it like Twitter, but less full of GamerGaters, misogyny and racism. At least it better be, banning people is such a hassle.

Go see. Explore. Find stuff. Join in. Peace and love

Tiffs

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 0
Top posting users this week
No user

Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Banissa

Banissa

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2011-06-14

Character sheet
Max MP:
Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue300/1000Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (300/1000)
Character Tweaks: Catgirl with a HUUUUUGE guardian... Yeah, that meat wall is for more than background flavor.

Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social)   Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 11:49 am

If he thought the seashell PHS-device was unbelievable, he was in no way prepared for what happened next as they approached the river. Yes, an airship descended from the skies to land delicately in the river in front of them. But it was a twin masted airship complete with curlique decoration along the railings and pictures of clouds and rainbows painted on the sides of the hull... and there was a unicorn for a masthead.

Oh, and let's not forget the feathery wings on the sides.

The airship seemed to back up to the shore and the back end opened up to allow a gangplank to descend and... there was a Moogle standing at the top of the ramp. Not one of the Ivalian Moogles that looked more like rabbits. A Vana'dielian Moogle that looked remarkably like the same type from Gaia and more closely resembled a very fat cat-bear.

Mairi giggled. "This is the Skywing. She's my airship." She nudged the Chocobo forward and waved at the Moogle. "Hi, Martika! See what I found? Isn't she pretty?"

They walked up to the storage area of the airship where Martika had something approximating a stable ready for the chocobo. Daethil trilled with a contended "kweh" and settled down in the bedding so Mairi could slide off her and set the egg back in front of her breast feathers. Then Daethil calmly rolled the egg back under her and fluffed her feathers out so she could keep the egg all toasty warm.

Mairi grinned at Lar as she returned his cloak. "Now they're safe from little boys. Come on up, I can show you around! It's like a flying Mog House and it's all mine!!"
Back to top Go down
Lar Highwind

Lar Highwind

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Character sheet
Max MP:
Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue10000000/10000000Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (10000000/10000000)
Character Tweaks: LAR LAR LAR LAR LAR!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social)   Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 1:41 pm

Lar couldn't believe his eyes.. He had seen may airships, but never one like this. He wondered how she came to own an airship, regardless of how it looked, but he figured he would have plenty of time to ask Mairi questions. She seemed better off than himself. The only thing he owned he carried in his bag. It kind of made him feel lesser than Mairi.. Like she had found a place where she fit in the worlds, and he still struggled with who he was. He walked on board and walked over the the side railings, putting his bag down and leaned down against the railing, his weight being supported by his elbows. As the Ship began to take off, memories of Lar's days traveling with SOLDIER filled his head.. The take off was always the most fun for him, He loved being up high. It made him feel... free. But something was urk-ing inside of him. Who was this girl? He knew really, nothing about her, and she was so young. He stared into the open night sky, the wind blowing his long hair wildly. He sat perfectly still for a long time, oblivious to his surroundings. "Rich parents..", Lar thought to himself. "That's the only thing I can think of... or some kind of gift... hmm". Whatever the reason, though, Lar was happy to be where he was.
Back to top Go down
Banissa

Banissa

Character sheet
Max MP:
Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue300/1000Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (300/1000)
Character Tweaks: Catgirl with a HUUUUUGE guardian... Yeah, that meat wall is for more than background flavor.

PostSubject: Re: Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social)   Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm

Once she made sure that Daethil was settled, there was something odd about her egg, but Mairi wasn't certain about what it could be, other than she was certain that there wasn't any damage and that matters were progressing properly, then Mairi gave the chocobo hen a parting hug and wandered up to the decks above to watch them take off as Martika took the wheel and directed the ship up to the skies to settle into a floating pattern amongst the clouds.

Mairi leaned against Lar's arm on the railing and looked out as the river grew smaller and smaller below them. "It's beautiful at night, with the moonlight and the stars and everything, don't you think?" She grinned at him. "Whaddya think of my airship? I found her all alone so I decided that she'd be mine. It took some convincing to get Martika to accept it as a movable Mog House... of sorts."

She giggled. "It's still odd to think that I have a brother, now. I didn't have any brothers, before."
Back to top Go down
Lar Highwind

Lar Highwind

Character sheet
Max MP:
Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue10000000/10000000Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (10000000/10000000)

PostSubject: Re: Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social)   Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:30 pm

Lar wrapped his arm tightly around Mairi, holding her close. Even though he had no clue who she was, he cared for her deeply, more than he cared for anyone else. He continued to gaze into the night sky looking down at the world. It had been so long since he had seen it from this angle. A refreshing feeling. He smiled and dipped his head down kissing the top of Mairi's head.
"It's the most wonderful thing I've ever seen.. It's like nothing could ever go wrong when you're up this high.. all the problems on the ground just disappear...". And then Mairi spoke, and what was said eased his mind greatly... She found the ship! He couldn't believe that he didn't think of that himself. "It's very... you!", he said jokingly, thinking of the wings and the unicorn on the front. "It suits you perfectly! But is there going to be room for me?", he said jokingly. Mairi spoke of never havig a brother before, the phrasing of the question stuck Lar as strange. What did she mean "Before"? What was she? He figured up on the airship where they were alone would be the best time to ask her some questions. "I'm an only child, as far as I know, but its been a while since i've seen my family so that could have changed.", he paused slightly before finally asking, "Mairi?.... what do you mean before exactly?... I feel there's so much more to you than just what I see here... The cat morphing, incredible magical ability.. all at such a young age.. its almost unheard of.". Lar looked down at her hoping that she would be able to explain it so he understood. His instinct told him that the wasnt just a regular 13 year old Mithra...
Back to top Go down
Banissa

Banissa

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social)   Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:50 pm

Mairi thought carefully about his questions. "Well... before I ran away. I lived with my mother and her sisters and my cousins and all of them, but I didn't have any brothers. There weren't many boys in the village, none of them were Mithra. I had to run away, though, there were some mean people looking for me and I couldn't... I couldn't let them use my mother or my aunts or my cousins to hurt me... or something. They'd have killed the whole village to make sure they got me."

Her expression became very sad and serious. "So I ran away to Windurst and became an Adventurer. I... I have to survive, you see." She giggled softly. "I've always been more magical than anyone else around me, even when I was still wearing diapers and didn't even know what magic was..." She giggled again, looking adorably devious. "You should have seen the looks I'd get from the Tarutaru when I'd actually heal injuries by kissing them better..."
Back to top Go down
Lar Highwind

Lar Highwind

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social)   Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:12 pm

Lar looked concerned and out of reflex, squeezed his arm around her tighter in a reassuring way. His voice was very stern and serious when he spoke. "I will never let anyone hurt you, Mairi. No matter who 'they' are... I will always be here for you! If you have enemies, let us face them together.". Lar felt almost empowered when he actually heard what he said. He meant every word though. He would fight to the death to protect Mairi, if for anything, to allow her to have a life without fear.

Lar had a good chuckle about the kissing wounds better. As a small kid, he used to cry and run home to get his mother to kiss his scraped elbow, or knee or whatever else he could hurt. even just that kind of kiss seemed to make it hurt less, but to actually *HEAL* a wound with a kiss.. that would be one handy feat.. especially with the luck Lar had been having lately. He wondered what would have happened if Mairi wasn't there when he was bit, and if he was now living past what fate had written for him. But Lar was never one to believe much in fate or destiny. He gave Mairi another comforting hug, "Mairi... thank you very much.. without you.. who knows what would have happened to me. I owe you more than I can ever repay... It's nice to have a family again...".
Back to top Go down
Banissa

Banissa

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social)   Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 11:06 pm

Mairi leaned into his comforting embrace. "See, this is why every little girl needs a big brother like you. It's nice being your little sister." She knew that she hadn't told him everything about her... but sometimes not telling everything was a blessing of sorts, a kindness. People didn't always want to know everything, even if they said they did. They just wanted reassurance and enough of the truth to know that they were trusted.

And she did trust Lar. He was a brother she could count on.

She smiled happily. "So, where do you want to go next? There's lots of places we could go... other cities here in Ivalice, maybe one of the other worlds, Martika can fly the ship anywhere. There's cities all over the place and some of them are really pretty to look at. I went to Luca, once, on Spira, and it was so bright and colorful. I'd like to show it to you someday. They've got some fun games there."

She thought for a moment. "There's cities here, though, that I haven't seen yet. Where do you want to go?"
Back to top Go down
Lar Highwind

Lar Highwind

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social)   Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 11:28 pm

Lar looked down at Mairi. She could read him like an open book. He wasn't used to having a choice where he went.. it was only a short time ago that he was taking orders about where he would go and what he would do. She was so smart, and he liked that about her.. So much about her fascinated Lar, her abilities, her intelligence, her appearance... all seemed to be uniquely impressive. He started to not care anymore about where she came from, or what exactly her story was. The fact was, Mairi made Lar incredibly happy in so many ways, he couldn't explain it. He was exactly where he was meant to be. The longer he spent with Mairi, the less of a grip SOLDIER had on him. He could feel the pressures of his past melting away. He finally did something that he hadn't really done in over 10 years, he was going to choose for himself. "Hmm... Well I heard from someone that there was a floating or flying city of some kind here on this world... I'd really like to see that.. then who knows, maybe after that you can show me this Luca place... I've never even heard of that place.", he said to her with the same happy grin on his face. He held her tighter giving her a slight squeeze as he held her. "Mairi", he said softly before he paused for what seemed like a long minute before speaking again. "No.. nothing... nevermind.. Lets go find the floating city..."
Back to top Go down
Banissa

Banissa

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social)   Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 11:43 pm

Mairi nodded happily. "I think I know what city that is. I remember passing it once..." There was something, though, in the way he held her, the way he squeezed her tight as if he was about to say something more and then decided against it...

She wondered what it was that he'd stopped himself from asking. She wasn't sure what it was and she didn't want to make any presumptions.

"Okay, we can go find the flying city." She looked over her shoulder at where Martika was standing by the wheel that controlled the ship. "Martika? Take us to the flying city, the one with the mine, I think."

Martika nodded and made a whistling sound of agreement. "Alright." She turned the wheel and the ship turned around in the air to fly towards the city of Bhujerba.

It would be several hours of flight time, but it was a nice night for flying, and Mairi was enjoying the view. Still, what Lar wasn't saying worried at her like a kitten gnawing on a toy. She looked up at him, curious. "What... what is it you're making yourself not say? If... if you don't want to talk about it you don't have to... but I can tell that you're stopping yourself and it... it worries me."
Back to top Go down
Lar Highwind

Lar Highwind

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social)   Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 12:06 am

Lar looked forward to the flight ahead of him.. He felt good right now.. but the thought inside his mind made him feel upset almost... So many emotions had filled him this day, and it was hard to ignore them any longer. Mairi looked concerned for him, and he didn't want to worry him any longer. He looked down at her and lowered his head, giving her a kiss on the forehead before he explained what was bothering him. "Mairi... a long time ago... I..", pain filled his eyes. He now understood the consequences of his actions so long ago. The pain he caused. He took a deep breath, and tried to explain again...

"A long time ago.. I left my home.. And didn't say a word. I never spoke to them. They have no clue if i'm alive or dead. I'd very much like to see them again...". It was not the best explanation, but the hurt in his voice was thick. He felt his body almost shiver as he wiped his face with his hand. Never had he felt so emotional about anything before, and spending this time with Mairi, made him realize that everyone is loved, and Lar was probably still loved and missed by his parents.. parents he could no longer remember. He gave Mairi another small kiss, and slid her hair away from her face. Hoping his body language spoke for him better than he did. "Maybe we can go there sometime?.... Together?"
Back to top Go down
Banissa

Banissa

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social)   Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 12:22 am

Mairi's eyes met his and she nodded slowly. "Yeah, we can go see if we can find your parents, let them know that you're alright. Parents always worry 'bout their kids..."

She knew it was true, even if memories had been altered so that they didn't even remember having a child in the first place. She chewed on her bottom lip nervously. "I don't know if I should go back to mine... I'm scared for them... scared that I'll cause problems 'cause..." she looked down. "I found a way to make the whole village forget that I was ever there. I... I can't do something like that again, but it was the only way to protect them."

Of course, they weren't the only parents who'd been made to forget their infant daughter... but that was a complication she didn't want to try to explain.
Back to top Go down
Lar Highwind

Lar Highwind

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social)   Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 10:33 am

Lar hugged Mairi tightly.. Even though they both had their own families, right now it felt that they only really had each other. At least thats how Lar felt. The pain of what he had done in his past was lessened by physically speaking about it. He wanted this to stay like this forever. But that was a foolish dream too. You have to take the bad with the good. He wouldn't be who he was without the bad. Now it was time for some good.

Lar looked down at Mairi, secure in his arms, "Tell ya what.. when you're ready, I'll go see your family with you, if you want. I... I know i've been asking so many questions about you.. but I don't really care anymore.. You're you.. and thats all that matters, kiddo." he said to her softly. The wind was starting to cool off quickly in the high altitude of the night sky. He made sure to hold her close to help keep her warm. The stars were out in full force this evening, something Lar always loved about night. No matter how dark it seemed, there was always light. The hour must have been growing late, but he didn't feel tired. He was enjoying this moment with Mairi.. it was a moment he had never spent with anyone before in a long time, if ever. His body, though it stood tall and strong, felt relaxed. He wondered how she was doing, for she herself had had quite the adventure earlier in the day. "Hey we should be there soonish.. in a few hours.. you tired at all?".
Back to top Go down
Banissa

Banissa

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social)   Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 12:51 pm

Mairi smiled. "It's okay," she said when he tried to apologize for being so curious, "I don't mind that you ask questions." She leaned against him, happy and content for the first time since she'd lost Tiran.

Lar wasn't Tiran. He couldn't be, wasn't supposed to be. And, to be honest, she didn't want him to be. She wanted him to simply be himself.

He mentioned being tired, though, and she found herself yawning. Yeah, she was tired. "Maybe we oughta get some rest before we get there... I got lotsa guest rooms below, if you want."

--- --- ---
The sun was just coming up over the horizon when the airship landed at Bhujerba, the city beginning the early-morning bustle of shops opening for the day and people starting out on their individual errands.

Mairi was practically bouncing with excitement at exploring a flying city and maybe even taking a look at the mines that were on the outskirts. Who knew what they would see or who they would meet that day?
Back to top Go down
Warren

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social)   Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 4:33 pm

Such an odd place to find oneself. A floating city by itself was not spectacular, even the strange diversity of life was becoming a norm. The two most incredible things about this city, Bhujer-something-or-other, were its ships and its foods. Even at this early hour, Warren could stroll along the docks and find something utterly repulsive to chew. Furthermore he had the opportunity to watch myriad airships flutter to dock. Every one of them was unique in some sense and certainly of an entirely different technology than his own.

Warren had already spent weeks here, not so much learning anything about the people or city, but rather immersing himself in the technology. The local innkeeper had already threatened to throw him out several times, over some damages done to his room, but luckily gil seemed to be universal currency. Thus Warren continued treading down the docks, looking over ships as they departed and arrived.

That is until he came across the most vile ship he had ever seen. Sails hung from masts that had no discernable purpose, an ungainly body that looked to be questionable even in the sea, and the gaudiest unicorn he had ever seen on its prow. It was such an affront on Warren’s dignity he dropped his food. The squid on a stick wriggled itself away before he could recapture it. This only further infuriated Warren and gave him only one course of action.

Wait for someone to get off the monstrosity, have words with the captain, and hopefully burn it down. Only then could the world truly return to the harmonious state. Of course this was complicated by the fact no one seemed to want off the ship. Warren tried to stand patiently, looking imperial and authoritative, but couldn’t bother to stay that way. Finally he just screamed up to the deck of the ship. “Who’s in charge up there? As the head of the fraternal amalgamation of aviary pulchritude, I demand to speak to someone right now! This is totally inexcusable and must be redressed immediately!”
Back to top Go down
Banissa

Banissa

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social)   Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 8:11 pm

Mairi tilted her head in confusion as she looked at the very large man who approached her airship. She didn't understand what had him so upset, but she knew that she could make it better. Somehow she could make it better.

She bounced up to him with a large smile on her face and her tail swishing behind her, her ears perked up curiously. "Hello! I'm Mairi Banissa and this is my airship, the Skywing! Isn't she pretty!!!!????"

She bobbed in place as she stood in front of him, bouncing on the balls of her feet. "What seems to be your problem?"
Back to top Go down
Warren

PostSubject: Re: Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social)   Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 9:00 pm

Warren just stood there, gawking at the tiny cat-girl. In retrospect he should have known this was coming. Only a pubescent cat-girl could live in such poor taste and think it… pretty. Her bubbly exterior was oppressive and the near squeal of her voice made the ship seem presentable. To further this atrocity, that tail wouldn’t stop squirming either. It was like all the movement in the world had been condensed into a ball of fur and then shot from a cannon right at him.

Never one to be deterred Warren wasn’t about to stop now. Righting himself, he looked the cat-girl over once more and nodded. Warren momentarily ignored her and stepped around the bouncing ball and proceeds to make his way up the ship. “Now see here,” he stopped both physically and mentally for a moment to ponder something in the depths of his mind, “Maria or some such. I don’t know where you got this thing, but as I said before I am the head of the fraternal amalgamation of aviary pulchritude. Simply put this thing you arrived in cannot exist. No respectable person should ever have to envision this as part of aviation. If you wish to sail around on oceans that’s for the marine organizations to ponder and permit.”

Warren suddenly turned around and look the teenager in the eye. “To add grievous insult to injury, thanks to this thing you have here,” he waved in the general direction Mairi came from, “I have lost my squid on a stick. Now why you people have such strange tastes is not up for debate, but here we are standing before something that cannot possible exist. Now I ask you, if the reasonable world says there is no way your… ship can fly what is it doing up here in the air?”
Back to top Go down
Lar Highwind

Lar Highwind

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social)   Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 10:32 pm

Lar had been watching from the deck of the ship. The short fat man making a scene did not please him in the slightest. No one should talk to anyone else like that, ever, and he was not going to let some fat stranger yell at his own sister. Anger brewed in his heart, the fire of battle was growing, but.. that was the old Lar, to kill on a whim and ask questions later. He was better than this now. He simply would go over there and diffuse the situation. Besides, if he did end up taking it a bit too far, Mairi could always use her healing abilities to help the floundering idiot...

Then something inside of Lar clicked... this man looked strangely familiar, he couldn't quite put his finger on it, but deep down he knew, if anyone seemed familiar to himself, there was only one possible link. Shin-ra! Lar gave a scowl and glared at the man, now eager to get a closer look to confirm his assumed accusation of this man's identity. Maybe the face would trigger a memory, or maybe even Lar's face would trigger something in the stranger's mind. He was going to find out.

Lar moved quickly towards Mairi, putting himself between her, and the fat little man. He easily towered over the pair, and spoke sternly to the man, "Excuse me, 'SIR'! But who the hell do you thik you are talking to her like that? I think I know you... Yeah, you work for Shin-ra, don't you!?", Lar barked at him, his voice was incredibly confident with its accusation, even though he himself was not exactly sure, but it would get an answer one way or another.

Suddenly a flash of realization flooded his mind. What the hell was he doing!? All this was going to lead to was more grief, and after the day he had yesterday, he wished it not to be that way. He worried what Mairi would think of him if he continued on like this. His piercing eyes softened against the man, and his stance relaxed, he looked back at Mairi and gave her a soft smile before turning back towards the man taking a few steps closer. "I'm sorry... I was out of line, but seriously, sir... If the ship bothers you that much, why not just ignore it... And here..", he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small handful of gil, "this should be more than enough to replace your meal.". He handed the man the coin, then walked past him all together. "Come on Mairi... lets go do something fun!". Walking away he made sure to stay on his guard. He had to make sure this guy wasn't going to be any trouble. If he did work for Shin-ra as he expected, anything could happen next.

Back to top Go down
Warren

PostSubject: Re: Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social)   Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 12:08 am

Warren looked at the gil, continued to look at it, and finally grinned. The glowing blue eyes took a moment to place, they didn't belong here. Yet here was a SOLDIER, and of all things asking if Warren worked for Shinra. It was laughable, even more so because he was protecting the hairball. The man was obviously on his guard even walking away, but that only entertained Warren.

With a flick of his wrist he sent the gil hurtling at the SOLDIER's head. He was confident the man would avoid it, but it still got the point across. "Its funny to me. I've never met a SOLDIER so bad at his job; he's on guard against a short fat man." Warren chuckled as if he thought that to be the funniest thing in a long time. "Does Shinra really scare you so much after all this time. Even an Ex-employee like myself, has you ready to gut me right here in front of a little hairball."

Warren's eyes became ice for a moment as he glances over the man. He changed his stance slightly and then continues on his tirade just to irk this SOLDIER."But then again you SOLDIERs were always overrated thanks to a few competent members. Look at you already a failure, doing your worst to defend a little girl. Endangering her with your lack of control because someone, namely myself, accosted her in a most unfair manner." Then Warren began to close distance, not enough to put him in range of the menacing spear, but close enough that a SOLDIER would recognize the deliberate distance.

"But surely you find it rude to end a conversation so abruptly. After all I have yet to harm her in anyway, and she has every right to defend her ship. Perhaps those garish wings appeal to her sensibilities or that disgusting unicorn is used to poke out the eyes of meanies. Either way you made this little discussion into a potential danger. Worst of all, you failed to handle the danger you created."
Back to top Go down
Banissa

Banissa

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social)   Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 6:29 am

(I tried... I really tried... but I'm afraid, Warren, you hit a Berserk Button.)

Mairi couldn't believe what she was hearing.

This... this round man who really ought to be nicer to people was going out of his way to be mean to her brother? And he was making Lar feel bad, throwing that machine of a Company back in his face in a way that had her blood boiling.

Her hands clenched and she whirled to face this stupid little man who obviously needed a sharp lesson in manners. "Now you see here! There is NO reason for you to be MEAN about anything. Skywing isn't hurting you! Skywing is none of your business! She's MY airship and she's beautiful and you could use some beauty in your life, some magic that isn't cogs and wheels and things with one face!"

She glared at him, her hands shaking. "You know... I can hear the echo in you of life, but I have to really wonder if you're not some automaton with no true will of your own! You charge around here like you're someone important and you're NOT. You're NOT important because important people are loved and there's no WAY anyone could love someone as cruel and stupid as you are! You use words that have no meaning and you don't even know the meaning of the words you use!"

A strange, low growl rumbled deep in her throat. "Words aren't words which alter when they alteration find, nor bend with the remover to remove!"

She growled again. "My brother is not one of Shinra's abominations any longer. You will keep a civil tongue in your head or it's going to get you killed."

She turned to Lar, still visibly shaking. "I'm bored. Let's go explore the mine or something. This jackanape isn't worth the effort."
Back to top Go down
Lar Highwind

Lar Highwind

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social)   Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 7:33 pm

Warren was corect in his assumption that Lar would easily dodge the coins flying back to his direction, slightly shifting his body to the right to allow the coins to helplessly fly by him. He stood and listened to Warren's rant... threats... whatever you wished to call them. Lar was unwilling to turn around. He noticed the man's change in stance, just out of range of his spear.. but close enough for a spell.. Lar's eyes went cold. and he prepared to reduce the fat bulbous man into a pile of fat bulbous ash! but then she spoke. The one person whom he would have never expected to speak like that, was actually SPEAKING like that! It seemed the fat man had struck a nerve with his little sister, and she apparently had no issues with defending the appearance of her ship. But she was right.. the ship was not hurting anyone, and it was not his business. His urge to turn and ignite the man in a glorious flame, was now gone and now all he could do was watch the scene unfold in front of him.

He wasn't sure how the man would react to Mairi's outburst, but Lar felt his words were not needed to emphasize any of her points. When she finally approached him, he could see that she was very upset. Her body was shaking. He turned to walk away with her, and put his arm around her shoulder to help comfort her and help her nerves settle. He was impressed with Mairi.. she wasn't just some push over little girl. He smiled at her, still remaining silent. As they walked away, he looked back at the man. There was no more hate in Lar's eyes. Maybe this man had the same struggle he had himself, and deep down wished him luck with whatever path he chose.
Back to top Go down
Warren

PostSubject: Re: Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social)   Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 8:23 pm

Warren laughed. Not just some mild chuckle, but from deep insides the depths of girth. ”Oh I like you kitten. Eyes so perceptive in one so young. You are right in many respects, and I bow to the wisdom of you present.” He bowed low, with a surprising about a grace, eliminating the awkwardness that should be present. ”However little girl you miss one thing. The beauty of the cogs and wheels. We of the one face are capable of many things because we have no need to hide ourselves. So you who say that I am trapped, are just as ensnared by the opposite extreme. You mistake beauty for the unknown, importance for love and friendship for family.”

And just like that Warren shifted again. He advanced in front of the girl and knelt down. He reached into a satchel on his belt and removed a single bronze cog. This he offered to Mairi and spoke with a sudden seriousness. ”Free will is a fickle thing. When we prance about without care it’s easy to be free. Then comes the fearful times, the ones hidden behind the eyes. This is when free will is important. Only by knowing yourself to be a cog in the machine can you identify how to be free. Look at your brother there. Without his days as an abomination he could not be the man who searches with you for true free will. Only by struggling with his former identity can he realize what choice really is. He made choices, but never really understood what will is.”

Warren dropped the cog in Mairi’s vague direction and stood in a rather slow and laborious fashion. His eyes searched the distance for some time, lost at sea, but then settled on Lar for a moment. His voice became whimsical again. ”Perhaps I am just an automation. Its means little to the world if I am. Then again how would I know? How can any know the difference?”
Back to top Go down
Banissa

Banissa

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social)   Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:03 pm

Mairi was silent, tilting her head to the side curiously as she tried to understand the sudden change in the fat man's attitude. She got mad at him and now he was smiling and giving her... a present? She picked up the bronze cog and turned it over in her hands.

"There can be a beauty when cogs and magic work hand in hand... when mystic energies power machinery designed to work within a world's systems rather than against them. Most machines, though, are made to force things into a shape they were never meant to have, never wholly comfortable with, never wholly themselves. Most machines take beauty and reduce it to something which is much less than it could have been."

She took a deep breath. "I have seen magic powering great zeppelins as they flew across the skies. Seen villages of elves wearing top hats and longcoats instead of cloaks and diadems. I have seen things... well, you probably wouldn't understand."

She made herself smile again. It wouldn't do to be somber. She had a brother, now. She wasn't alone anymore like she'd been when Tiran had thrown her away from him as he turned to fight to his death for her freedom. "Maybe you just need to learn how to have fun? Fun makes everything better."
Back to top Go down
Lar Highwind

Lar Highwind

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social)   Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 7:25 am

Lar listened to the converstation. He wasn't stupid my any means, but he didn't expect this level of depth from a 13 year old girl, and a fat man eating a squid on a stick... He expected childish name calling, fat jokes, and other immature actions. But he was glad that the screaming and yelling at each over had ended. He stood beside Mairi, silent, as he took in their words. He felt they were talking about him and his past like he wasn't there. He finally decided to speak up, as the depth of the conversation was not of his liking. "Mairi, I'm sure he knows how to have fun...", he said to her, then turning his attention to the short bulbous man, "And who cares what we are in the world, you just gotta enjoy what you have. And if you don't like it, change it. That's why I left SOLDIER, and look what it got me..", he said as he patted the top of Mairi's head. He thought for a while about this man. He wasn't Lar's enemy, Shin-ra employee or not, and felt that all the man could use was some companionship. He walked over to the man, and extended his hand out to shake his, "Lar Highwind, nice to meet you. Would you like to come with us? You'd be more than welcome to join us."
Back to top Go down
Gohrick Trisona

Gohrick Trisona

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2011-06-27

Character sheet
Max MP:
Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue600/600Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (600/600)
Character Tweaks:

PostSubject: Re: Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social)   Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 3:13 pm

Bhujerba. What an interesting city this was. Amazing really, to have a city that floated in the air, that had its own caves. It seemed reckless to Cypher, digging into a land that really was limited, but, it seemed to work for the people of this world. He looked down at the note he had with him. A mark it was called.
This person must really hate this snake if he is going through all this trouble…’ he thought, before looking back at the orange crystal he had just emerged from.
It is an amazing travel system to be sure, but quite expensive. I’m glad the guy pitched in two teleport stones for me to get here and back.’ He sighed slightly before looking back at the mark. Really, the things he did for a bit of traveling gil. Still, he didn’t look back on leaving Spira.
~Flashback~
“So, that’s going to be one ticket to Ivelice? Sure, go right on in when you’re ready, we leave in ten minutes,” the conductor had said. Cypher turned back to the portal that brought him from Spira with a look as though he was disappointed in the world. That wasn’t the case, he was disappointed in himself.
’12 years, lead to nothing. What was the point of it all? Now there is nothing there for me. I isolated myself too much, and now, I can’t even remember how to reconnect with people. Maybe…a new world is what is called for. Still, as much as this ticket cost, I’ll not be returning anytime soon. Not like anyone is waiting, but still…’ he thought with a heavy sigh, before turning around and walking away from Spira, getting on the transport to a new world. Why Ivelice, one might ask? It sounded interesting. He never once looked back at the portal to home.
~End~

He read through the paperwork again. He was looking for something called a Nidhogg, which was a large serpent like creature, blue in coloration. It looked like this had been taken care of beforehand, but a nest had been discovered, so a few of these were roaming around. Most were in the deeper section, but this one had come closer to the surface, so was becoming a danger for the miners.
Cypher folded the note and made sure he had everything on hand. Because of how expensive the ticket had been, he hadn’t been prepared for how expensive everything in this world was. He only had enough to last him another day or so, thus the whole reason he had signed up to take this hunt on. Cypher found himself sighing slightly. He had left the other world to end the senseless wandering and fighting…and yet here he was once again, and with more outlandish living expenses!
“Well, no sense waiting around this place…best find out where this mine is,” he said to himself in a quiet voice, before emerging from the airship terminal and into the bright sunlight. He shielded his eyes for a moment, before getting a good look of the hustle and chaos that accompanied this busy city. His sharp yellow eyes caught how everyone was looking, and even met some eyes that stared at him in both curiosity and fear.
Well, I’m going to be standing out like a sore thumb,’ he thought, his black trench coat billowing behind him in the wind, reveling a basic long sword on his left hip. He sighed again, before starting on his way, inquiring where the mine was, but quite certain he would find it before nightfall.
Back to top Go down
Banissa

Banissa

Character sheet
Max MP:

PostSubject: Re: Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social)   Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 7:47 pm

Mairi grinned as the emotional timbre of the air shifted away from the anger and attacking which had so infuriated her. That was very reassuring to her. She really didn't like it when people were angry, herself least of all. It was NOT fun to be that rage-filled because someone was being purposefully mean.

She grinned and bounced slightly on her feet as her brother introduced himself. It was only polite to add her two gil to the matter. "And I'm Mairi Banissa of Windurst! That's on Vana'diel. It's very good to meet you."

That was when she spotted the man in the black trenchcoat. No one on Ivalice wore clothes like that... at least that she'd seen so far. That was the one thing she'd started noticing as she'd gone from world to world... each world had a distinct "look" to the native inhabitants that was not shared by those who arrived from other places.

So she did what she tended to do when she saw another "fish out of water". She waved and shouted brightly. "Hello Mister Dark and Stranger!!! Are you looking for help finding something?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social)   Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Such a Bedraggled Kitty... (Open, Random Social)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next